PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player
Sep 21, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #4,141 of 4,864
I would like to report thar my pono is back after a couple of weeks that i sent it for repair
Quick and clean
Sounding wonderfully with my Z7

Did they repair it or did you get a new one?

Z7 balanced from Pono = bliss
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #4,144 of 4,864

there should be a led zepellin pono.  it should come with a song from presence. 

and a 10% discount for the entire zep catalog in HD.

bonus points if you can bow a guitar with it.

Sep 23, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #4,146 of 4,864
Haven't mentioned this in a while, but I'm listening to my Pono balanced (Norne Zoetic cable) into my HE-1000...man, this sound amazing!

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #4,147 of 4,864
Haven't mentioned this in a while, but I'm listening to my Pono balanced (Norne Zoetic cable) into my HE-1000...man, this sound amazing!

We have one of our Pono players set up to play balanced through a pair of AudioQuest's Nighthawks. Its a great combination, and a great step up from unbalanced Nighthawks. Pono's balanced capabilities are i think a great asset for a DAP. I certainly wish there were more in that price range with that functionality.

Sep 25, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #4,148 of 4,864
While my left ear is (still) healing I'm completely without music for days now. (so annoying)

So here's some photos I posted in another thread of the silver plated ASG-2 balanced cable.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #4,150 of 4,864
  Wow, that's a nice looking cable. It reminds me of chain mail almost. Does it feel as metallic as it looks? 

The braid feels like a chain when running your fingers through it, although with a smooth soft texture.

Its very relaxed and flexible.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #4,152 of 4,864

Nice, how do those pair with the Pono sound wise? By the looks of them it would be a sweet portable system.  

ASG-2 are thick, full, warm sounding IEMs, thick detail and even to some extent dark. For this reason, they aren't the most transparent IEM around, though Pono's slightly airy/bright tone seems to lend a hand on that. I think it sounds 'very good' providing you're suited to warm (or even dark) to some extent presentations.

Its the kind of IEM which will sound its best at higher volumes.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #4,153 of 4,864
  While my left ear is (still) healing I'm completely without music for days now. (so annoying)

So here's some photos I posted in another thread of the silver plated ASG-2 balanced cable.

Nice pics! 

I just ready about your ear trials & tribulations - ouch! Sorry to hear about that, and I hope it heals quickly. Those ER4's sound dangerous! I think I'll continue on with my newfound earbud lovefest.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #4,154 of 4,864

Nice pics! 

I just ready about your ear trials & tribulations - ouch! Sorry to hear about that, and I hope it heals quickly. Those ER4's sound dangerous! I think I'll continue on with my newfound earbud lovefest.

Thanks Wayne. It took 3 days of antibiotics to get some leverage over it, with (eventually) some large improvements this morning.

Still nowhere near a level I can use IEMs yet, maybe another week. 

(it was pretty bad)

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #4,155 of 4,864

Thanks Wayne. It took 3 days of antibiotics to get some leverage over it, with (eventually) some large improvements this morning.

Still nowhere near a level I can use IEMs yet, maybe another week. 

(it was pretty bad)

Man, that's really brutal. The suction of those triple flange ER4 tips sounds like something else. I find that even using iems with single flange tips for prolonged periods of time causes my ears to become kinda sore after a while - almost like they are about to get infected or something. I suppose that bacteria and moisture gets locked in the ear canals, which can't be very good. For that reason, I am glad to have discovered earbuds, because my ears have been feeling generally a lot better (at the expense of isolation).

Anyway, I'm glad that you're recovering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back