Poll: What type of shoes do you wear?
Oct 21, 2005 at 11:15 AM Post #61 of 116
I typically wear New Balance since I need (at least) a 4E. I used to wear Nikes about 2-3 sizes too big to get the width right, but that sucks. I've also got a couple pairs of black Skechers I'll sometimes wear to work and a pair of brown Skechers sandals. Also some black dress Florsheims, and I think that's my whole inventory
icon10.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #65 of 116
Where's the love for Acupuncture?

On my feet right now:

acugingybk.jpg

Next pair:

M3630.jpg

They're just the most comfortable shoes ever, along with being super-durable and funky-looking to boot. And for running, these non-stupid-springy-looking offerings from Nike:

be_1_b.JPG

3f_1_b.JPG

Nov 5, 2005 at 9:52 AM Post #67 of 116
I own some Vans Rowley XL2's in black and some US Mil. Issue boots my sister had during her last venture in the National Guard- those puppies had to be run under hot water for a week to mold to my feet, but they've lasted 5 years and they're still going strong. Now why can't the rest of what I own be so durable?
rolleyes.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Nov 5, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #68 of 116
Mostly Mephisto's and Timberland Mountain Athletic's, great for walking.

Nov 5, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #70 of 116
LACKSTIEFEL!

19098_1.jpg

Nov 5, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #71 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
I personally always buy skater shoes of the white variety. Why? Because they are comfy, and generally understated compared to some of the more festive athletic shoes.
tongue.gif

I wish I could find skater shoes that were wide enough for me. I purchased a pair of Vans because I loved the understated style, I hoped they would stretch, but sadly they didn't. They did come in handy on a metal roofing project I was doing though. The only shoe at my house that would stick up there.

I generally wear a casual shoe, like black Hushpuppys, but I did purchase a running style shoe this year (after the skater shoe). I have been known to frequently wear ankle high moccasins.
For work I have to wear boots. I have Danner hiking boots for summer and Red Wing insulated boots for winter. If they don't have Gortex, I don't buy 'em.
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #72 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
Day-to-day use in my past life, HUAAAH!!
Military-Boot.jpg

> Still my (only) shoe of choice at work, though I prefer my ultra broken in pair of full leather combat boots to jungles...

Otherwise I run around in these -
asc1024.jpg

And walk around in these -
827-100949-p.jpg

Nov 5, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #73 of 116
I went to a local running store and picked up a pair of Mizuno and Adidas running shoes and am currently breaking in some high end insoles. The superiority of well made running shoes compared to most other models and types has become apparent with these babies.

Jan 16, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #74 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
but fine leather shoes..they are works of art

http://www.crockettandjones.co.uk/New%20Pages/mens.html

I was looking through these...WAY out of my price range. I have a nice pair of Allen Edmonds dress shoes, but my daily shoes are what I call my "Italian walking shoes", a pair of brown Alfani (Macy's house brand) square toed brown dress/casual goes. They are made in Italy, but I got them on sale for $50 and they have rubber soles!
Though I did just pick up some Allen Edmonds Byron's, since they were 1/3 of the retail($295) price, because they were slightly worn and returned (but refinished). We'll see if they were worth the "deal" impulse buy.

I personally think brown leather dress shoes are just too slick. They look good, feel good (even my cheap alfani's are more comfortable than the puma's I replaced), and the smell of new leather is unbeatable!

Jan 16, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #75 of 116
I snagged these ~$500 Prada Sport boots @ Ebay a few weeks back for a steal. They are my main shoes ATM
smily_headphones1.gif

c4_1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back