Poll: What type of shoes do you wear?
Oct 21, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #47 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Running for comfort, casual for looks.
I just got a pair of Nike Shox TLII a few weeks ago, most comfortable shoes ever!

Those TL2's are nice! I have had every generation of the TL and the current TL3 is awesome. It is the most lightweight TL I have worn, and is my favorite kick around shoe.

niketl.jpg

Oct 21, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #48 of 116
I like to wear Birkenstock Milano.

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #49 of 116
anyone else a fan of bally's patent leather? i feel like hercule poirot sometimes since those who know me..know i am a sneaker type of guy..but fine leather shoes..they are works of art

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #50 of 116
My current shoes are the New Balance 853's. Size 14 6E, I have to go to this place about 45 minutes away called "Mike's Big Footwear" to get shoes like this. Anyway, this pair so far is outstanding! They're holding up extremely well compared to my last two (actually 3) pairs, which were these Propet walker shoes, actually 14 5E, which is more my size than 6E, but I'd rather have to sinch them up a little than be constricted all the time.

Anyway, the Propets were mostly comfortable, but were a little weird. The heel and toes were built up while the middle was dropped down (much different approach than New Balance), so the whole bottom was kind of a curve shape. This might help with walking, but it's weird and not at all comfortable to stand still with (my feet would hurt a lot if I stood on one place for too long). Not to mention my toes feel really weird when I start walking around shoeless after talking them off. As far as the build, the leather split on one pair, resulting in a quick return, while on the other two the rubber bottom degraded rapidly and the rubber kind of started peeling off, even on the sides. Part of the soles started peeling off, so when I walked it would get folded and stuck under my foot, very annoying, actually resorted to epoxy to fix that problem a few times. So yeah, don't get those.

My old favorite shoes were the New Balance 609's, which were really just the perfect all-around shoe, at least for me. But they're discontinued and replaced with the 620's, which I don't like quite as much in feel, even though they look almost identical.

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #51 of 116
Black/White skate shoes (Vans):
1733-162413-p.jpg

^except they have all white soles and are much thicker

I also wear OP leather thongs (flip-flops that go between toes)

and lastly I'd liek to wear these:
drmar127422_7676_jb.jpg

^My favorite pair of Doc Martins
icon10.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #53 of 116
Mephisto! Nice!
cool.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #54 of 116
I wear only Diesel sneakers and once a week dress shoes because i have to dress business-like on Wed.

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #56 of 116
I rotate a few.

For shoes:
Kenneth Cole
Steve Madden
Prada
Aldo
Some made in italy no big name ones.

For sneakers:
Diesel
Skechers
Some walmart Thom Mcan(sp?) ones.

I don't have a fav brand / type. All that matter is it's comfy and cool looking.

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #57 of 116
I really only wear one pair of shoes, my blackspot sneakers. AKA my "holier-than-thou" shoes (said with tongue firmly placed in cheek), they're 100% vegan, sweatshop-free, "brand"-free, and plus you get a share in the company for every pair you buy. Check em out at www.blackspotsneaker.org...

sneaker.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back