Poll: Best IEM for Trance (any price)
Apr 24, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #46 of 128
wow it seems like the Monster Turbine Pro Gold/Copper is gettin a lot of praise... but i would really love to hear an opinion from someone who actually has the CK10 and MTPG/C, and which one he/she prefers over the other--solely for trance, that is...

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #47 of 128
im not so sure about the golds. i had them for 3 weeks and they weren't as good for trance unless you like that bass heavy kind of trance.

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #48 of 128
As rawster pointed out, the Golds would be way down from the copper for trance, (I own all 3 monsters). The gold wouldn't get consideration for it. I have yet to hear the CK10, but rawster has, and he's also heard all the monsters, so his advice would hold weight if it was me, unless, like he said, you want a very heavy bass type trance, which ruins it for me.

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #49 of 128
^^ I agree w/ the sentiment (bass heaviness ruins trance for me), but I just don't agree the Coppers are "bass heavy." For me, w/ the right tips (in my case, the white SuperTips), the Coppers are not at all bass heavy. They provide slam & great bass extension when the recording calls for it, nothing more. Nor does the bass sound muddy, & it does not interfere w/ the mids, at least IME. Maybe my ears are just weird.

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #50 of 128
thanks for the input guys... CK10/CK100 it is then, i'm still surprised nobody has voted for CK90pro as I would guess it would be the best of both worlds (great bass, clear highs, airiness/spacey sig with or w/o modding)... where's averagejoe when you need him?

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #52 of 128
I owned the CK10 (stupidly sold it), the CK100, the MTP G and C - and I like the Copper quite a bit, the Gold for slower stuff and electronic, but the CK10 murders either one for clean transitions, space, and speed. With foam tips, you can coax a lot of bass from them too, but in general, they are very 'neutral' earphones.

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #53 of 128
^ Like I said before CK10 or CK100. I like the CK100 even slightly better with trance than the CK10, but only from certain sources. If you don't know how your source will synergize with the CK100 and don't have the opportunity to try both, the CK10 are the safer bet.

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #54 of 128
^^ what he said
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #55 of 128
shigzeo, as the CK10's signature seems to be very balanced, would you agree with jant71's take on the RE0 vs CK10 impressions? What i've come to learn about the RE0s is that they could be a poor man's CK10, with a smaller soundstage and bass presence. I've learned the meaning of a balanced iem listening to these RE0s... the bass booster on the iphone seems to bring out a good amount of bass as well... does anyone think they deserve a spot to compete with the others in the poll (for trance)?

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #56 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by kameenadesi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shigzeo, as the CK10's signature seems to be very balanced, would you agree with jant71's take on the RE0 vs CK10 impressions? What i've come to learn about the RE0s is that they could be a poor man's CK10, with a smaller soundstage and bass presence. I've learned the meaning of a balanced iem listening to these RE0s... the bass booster on the iphone seems to bring out a good amount of bass as well... does anyone think they deserve a spot to compete with the others in the poll (for trance)?

I would say negative. As much as I love the RE0's.. with ck10's, ck100's, and the MTP's line involved, the RE0's are a bit outclassed imo..

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #58 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by justinxbailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say negative. As much as I love the RE0's.. with ck10's, ck100's, and the MTP's line involved, the RE0's are a bit outclassed imo..

what if a quality amp was paired with the RE0? (i haven't tried it) even then?

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #59 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by kameenadesi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what if a quality amp was paired with the RE0? (i haven't tried it) even then?

the only amp I have and use with my RE0's is an ibasso T4.. although it sounds great amped, I'd still rather listen to the MTPC unamped with any type of trance.. I can't put my finger on it but the RE0 lacks a certain addicting presence when compared to the MTPC..

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #60 of 128
Just get ck10 and call it a day.trust me,you won't regret.
But I have to warn you,their bass is far from sufficient,it is fast and very controlled but when it comes to impact it is IMHO dissapointing,that's why I only used it for electronica and trance because they have boosted bass,but if you use the ck10 with other genres IMO they suck and there are better options out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back