Poll: Best IEM for Trance (any price)
Apr 22, 2010 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 128

kameenadesi

100+ Head-Fier
I've been searching for the best iem for trance for a while now.... and i just wanted to have a poll so you guys could vote for your favorite earphone for trance/electronica... I'm very pleased with the sound of my new RE0 but i would be content if it had a larger soundstage for trance.. anyways this thread can help others as well as myself since this is a very popular question asked quite often. So please vote...your other iem recommendations/favorites for Trance--including comments are very welcome.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 128
Out of my IEMs: CK100 with Sony X/A84x or amped with Xin Supermicro IV. They are very picky about pairing, but amazing trance phones from a synergetic source. CK10 are recommended too, but the CK100 have better bass impact and even more airy/spacey sound sig. Soundstage on both is by far better than the RE0's.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #7 of 128
MTPC.. I have the PFE, RE0, VB, and TF10... but still seemed to crave something more. Then when I put the MTPC in my ears I was enlightened... for trance or any electronic music, the MTPC trumps all these I have..

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #9 of 128
oh yeah i know the ck100s are worth 400 bucks or so, but if its worth it, why not... besides, if it ranks better than ck10 for trance, i'd be delighted to purchase them.

Monster Turbine Pro Copper tops Triple fi 10 Pro in terms of trance enjoyment? does it have a larger soundstage than the TF10pro?

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #10 of 128
I have the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers... unfortunately I had to send mine in for a replacement but while I'm waiting I'm using the TF10's with the Null Audio Enyo cable.. it's great, but I crave the sound of the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers waaayy more.. the bass impact, lively, fun sound of the MTPC is awesome.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #11 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big fan of the Triple.Fi 10 for this type of stuff. It's a big, club-like presence, good bass, good treble, and great locational cues.

i should've bought the TF10 when they had the $99 amazon deal.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #12 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by justinxbailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers... unfortunately I had to send mine in for a replacement but while I'm waiting I'm using the TF10's with the Null Audio Enyo cable.. it's great, but I crave the sound of the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers waaayy more.. the bass impact, lively, fun sound of the MTPC is awesome.

are the MTPCs analytical and fun at the same time? i hear those are more balanced than the Golds and that the highs are also more forward...that would be a great combo for trance if the soundstage is on par or better than TF10, is it?

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #13 of 128
either the ck10 or ck100 would be good depending on your source since ck100 are quite picky

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #14 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
either the ck10 or ck100 would be good depending on your source since ck100 are quite picky

hi rawrster, after spending a whopping $400 on CK100 and still having to purchase a good amp would be quite disappointing...i would prefer walking around with my iphone 2g unamped... so i guess CK10 would be better over CK100 unamped?

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #15 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by kameenadesi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the MTPCs analytical and fun at the same time? i hear those are more balanced than the Golds and that the highs are also more forward...that would be a great combo for trance if the soundstage is on par or better than TF10, is it?

my TF10's are more balanced sounding then my MTPC's.. weird but with the enyo cable on my TF10's, it sounds like it fixed the weird V shape sound signature.. the MTPC's are bassy. I don't know why people are saying they are balanced sounding, at least to me they sound bassy with the mids a tad below and the highs a tad below the mids.. just a slow steady curve down starting at the bass. I've been told the MTPC's sound balanced compared to the other Monster iems but all I have are the PFE's, RE0's, TF10.. you get the picture. most of my phones are balanced/neutral as is... my hippo vb's are the most similar sounding to MTPC's.. with the vb's having the 2 dot plate on, the coppers have been pounding out the bass much harder... sounds awesome with trance
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back