Pocket Amp V2 good or bad?
Dec 27, 2005 at 3:59 PM Post #151 of 162
email gary
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #152 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by splodinjoe
Quick question, if I plug in the AC adaptor and turn the amp off, will it still charge the battery? Or does the amp have to be on to charge?

amp is always charge when ac adaptor is connected. but when amp is off, no cutting circuit when fully chaged is active so you should plug out adaptor after 8 hours. no need when amp is power on.

Dec 28, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #153 of 162
DOH!!! i mailed the payment with a 37 cent stamp!!
mad.gif
...i forgot i needed a 60 cent stamp! according tog ary some people have mailed the payment with a 37 cent stamp and have gottent hrough. im owrried because i have 60 dollars in the mail (no thats not money order...CASH! because i couildnt find an international M.O.)... have anyone tried the 37cent stamp?

Dec 29, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #155 of 162
I just exchanged some emails with gary regarding my PA2V2.
The dc imput jack broke and I aske gary if he would sell me a new one so I could change the broken one. His replies are always swift and he was extremely helpful and will ship the dc jack for free. I have another project using my PA2V2 ( which I will show you guys later) which I discussed with gary and he helped me with all the doubt's I had!!

He is truly a excellent person, great costumer service!!!!

Jan 3, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #156 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons
DOH!!! i mailed the payment with a 37 cent stamp!!
mad.gif
...i forgot i needed a 60 cent stamp! according tog ary some people have mailed the payment with a 37 cent stamp and have gottent hrough. im owrried because i have 60 dollars in the mail (no thats not money order...CASH! because i couildnt find an international M.O.)... have anyone tried the 37cent stamp?

well updates... the 37cent mail got through! gary emailed me when my payment arrived to his house and gary has cut the stamp out (which hasnt been void) and hes going to include it with the package. gary saids its going to be here within 5-10days! woot!
icon10.gif
! great service!

Jan 6, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #157 of 162
After waiting for about 12 days, my PA2V2 has finally come in!
orphsmile.gif

I haven't listened to it with cds, just 128-192 bitrate mp3s. Sad to say, not much of a difference there except I can barely tell there's a stronger base... Other than that, gotta stick with lossless data.

Let's hope this thing lives up to the hype here in this thead.

Is listening to a CD the best way to measure this amp?

Jan 8, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #158 of 162
I'm a newbie to all this headphone stuff but this forum is really nice.........I think the amp will be a good starting point to go with my 325i's. I just hope I can quit.............

Jan 18, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #161 of 162
just wanted to give a quick comment on gary's customer service:

a few weeks earlier, I received the PA2V2. i bought some rechargeable batteries and had the thing up and running in no time. but later, for some reason, my amp kept dying even though the batteries were fresh and the ac adapter was plugged in for over 8 hours. i thought the problem was the amp, so i quickly emailed gary about it. he sent a reply with some instructions on how to diagnose the problem, and it turned out it the ac adapter was faulty, not the amp. the next day, he mailed me a new adapter free of charge.

that's awesome customer service. i recommend gary and the PA2V2 to anybody who's interested in buying an amp for their cans.
580smile.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #162 of 162
I got my amp in about 2-3 weeks. I guess I'm one of the few unlucky ones with customs, since I'm in Massachusetts, which isn't that far away from Gary. Anyways, fantastic product! I'm using it with my HD280 and listening to it right now with foobar2k. One thing I've noticed is that when you configure Foobar for kernal streaming with av710, it makes the volume at max, which produces some weird scratching noises on the right side. But if you keep the volume away from max, and just use the volume knob on the amp, it sounds fine. Just thought you guy would like to know.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back