Pocket Amp V2 good or bad?
Dec 19, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #121 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by SevenForce
I agree... the PA2V2 is a fantastic little amp. I'm using it for my new MS-1's, and I love the increase in quality (especially as the output on my AV-710 is really weak.)

Also, Gary is amazingly friendly and helpful. I was going to see about getting one second hand, but after a few emails with him, the personal touch to his emails and superb customer service won me over.

Oh yes, and the batteries do last an insane amount of time. I've been burning in my MS-1's about 16 hours a day for a week, and they still haven't died
confused.gif

An awesome starter amp indeed.
basshead.gif

2nd all the above.

Dec 19, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #122 of 162
After reading many positive reviews in this thread, my curiosity took over me.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Since I like the low bass quite a bit in the amp, this PA2V2 might be just a ticket, who knows. Emailed Gary and ordered one for myself today. I got response almost immdiately from Gary and he will mail the amp first thing tomorrow morning. Great customer service!

Dec 25, 2005 at 11:26 AM Post #123 of 162
Merry Christmas to me, I just bought myself a present: the PA2V2. Haha.
tongue.gif

Now I understand why people hate head-fi forums so much... it really makes you want to buy stuff!

Dec 25, 2005 at 3:26 PM Post #124 of 162
Me too!
orphsmile.gif

I have just deposited the money....

Now I'am one of the three PA2V2 owners in Brazil!!!!

sorry for my poor english

Dec 25, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #125 of 162
Congratulation!!! you're all now at the gateway.

Dec 25, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #126 of 162
I just got mine now. It's awesome so far, really adds to the bass (testing with sr60s), however, there seems to be weird sort of crackily grittyness behind everything. Does this disappear after burn in? I've only listened for maybe an hour total so far.

edit: Ya, there is a definate crackilyness. i don't know where its coming from. treble really buzzes and stuff. I hope mine isn't faulty
frown.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #128 of 162
They came with some rechargables, but I'm going to try switching them for another pair and see what happens.

Dec 25, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #129 of 162
Ah sweet, I just switched the duracell nimh that it came with out for some freshly charged energizers and it fixed it right up. I guess maybe the batteries it came with were no good, or maybe almost dead. They have the exact same specs as the energizers. Weird. Anyways, thanks for the help guys crises averted
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #130 of 162
Glad you got it sorted.
biggrin.gif

When the batteries do start to die out, the amp's sound kind of gets distorted on the bass and treble. I was just about to write it up in a reply, but it seems you sorted it out anyway.

eggosmile.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #131 of 162
Ya it sounds awesome now. I'm really happy with it. Now I've just to wait until tomorrow so I can go buy an adaptor and be able to use the HF-1s I also got!

Dec 26, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #132 of 162
im goignt o be sending out my payment for my PA2V2 on tuesday! woot! cant wait!!
icon10.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #134 of 162
Holy crap, the man works even on Christmas day.

Quote:

Hello,

Thank you for sending your payment by Paypal,
it has been safely received.

The good news is that I will be able to have a
beautiful amplifier out in the mail for you early
tomorrow morning when the post office opens! I hope
you will enjoy this amplifier very much. By Airmail,
the amplifier will arrive to your address in Seattle
in about five to ten business days.

Can anybody even beat this kind of service?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back