Plussound Audio Thread
May 26, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #1,381 of 1,759
Any issues you have with any of our products or services is strongly advised to email us at sales@plussoundaudio.com to help us find out your information and how to best resolve it.

I have submitted the issue via your website contact us over a week ago but i guess it was ignored.

May 26, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #1,382 of 1,759
I have submitted the issue via your website contact us over a week ago but i guess it was ignored.

So sorry, but we never received your email. We always reply back within a few hours (even minutes most of the time). If you can try again, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
May 27, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #1,383 of 1,759
Can anyone please drop a picture of gold plated copper X or Exo series cable?
X-Series:
IMAGE_11.JPG

May 27, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #1,384 of 1,759
May 27, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #1,385 of 1,759
I think that's the most confortable cable at the moment. May sound as good?

Ps.: is that the Fibae 7?
Yes, I do think this (the X-Series) is one of the most comfortable cables on the market and the GPC is quite possibly my favourite material, even over much more expensive materials. Although synergy is of course always a factor.

The IEMs are FIBAE Black.

May 27, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #1,386 of 1,759
Yes, I do think this (the X-Series) is one of the most comfortable cables on the market and the GPC is quite possibly my favourite material, even over much more expensive materials. Although synergy is of course always a factor.

The IEMs are FIBAE Black.

Could you please share some impressions how is Gpc vs Gps?
I found overtime that gps was actually a little tad brighter to my liking.

May 27, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #1,387 of 1,759
Could you please share some impressions how is Gpc vs Gps?
I found overtime that gps was actually a little tad brighter to my liking.
GPC is a bit warmer and gave a very natural result with the pairings I tried, where I think the GPS is a little brighter and provided a tighter, deeper bass response.

May 27, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #1,388 of 1,759
GPC is a bit warmer and gave a very natural result with the pairings I tried, where I think the GPS is a little brighter and provided a tighter, deeper bass response.

Thats interesting didnt think the bass would get different.

Wonder if gpc is a brighter vs pure copper?
How is soundstage?

May 27, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #1,389 of 1,759
Thats interesting didnt think the bass would get different.

Wonder if gpc is a brighter vs pure copper?
How is soundstage?
Haven't compared to the pure copper from PlusSound, but my review has some comments on how it compared to the stock EA Ares II of my Phantom (link).

May 31, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #1,390 of 1,759
So after a few more weeks with the new firmware version and going back and forth between the Bluetooth cable, wired, and a true-wireless alternative I thought I should update my initial review. Working from home, I've been able to spend 6-8 hours a day time going between my Massdrop Plus and Audeze LCDi3 (wired and with the PS BT cable) and Airpod pros.

Some of my personal thoughts and observations:
  • I try to avoid switching between BT cable and my physically wired cables (since 2 pin weren't made to be interchanged frequently) so I really would prefer to just keep the BT cable on my IEMs. However, I find myself frustrated after an hour or two of listening where the hiss has just become so bothersome that I just swap to my physically wired cables again. The hiss makes it frustratingly difficult for me to distinguish between layers and instruments which are very easy to distinguish wired or even with Airpod pros. Something so minor really muddies the sound.
  • Not having the hiss make Airpod pros now my preferred wireless option. With the price of the cable being the current cost of Airpod pros I'm just finding it harder to justify this BT Cable.
  • I'm suspecting firmware seems to have primarily adjusted gain. Is this correct? Prior to the firmware update, I was around 20-30% volume level w/o EQ for my listening level. After firmware update, the hiss was slightly lower (even more apparent after a few more weeks of testing), but I now need to adjust volume to 40-50% to get to my listening level.
  • Given the above, I'm a bit concerned future updates to reduce the hiss will just be further adjusting gain and making it more difficult to drive what should-require-less to drive IEMs. Note: I don't really understand the engineering for things like this (I'm software not hardware/electrical) but it's a bit sus to where I am now thinking this is just a very poor mismatch of hardware.
  • If this is actually a hardware issue/limitation, no amount of software or firmware updates will ever resolve this. In this case I really feel like we paid a tremendous price (not just money, but also time) to beta test a product which should've never been released.
I really did want to like the bluetooth cable and believe they would've OK for traveling/flying where you always have some additional background noise. But I think I'm ready to shelve these unless this issue can be solved.

I hope my review helps anyone researching the cable since I would've loved this information when I was researching.

May 31, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #1,391 of 1,759
Received my Echo Series Custom Bluetooth Cable and wanted to leave some initial impressions since I've been excited to try these since they were announced.

The good:
  • Audio quality - I got these for my Massdrop Plus which I wanted to use as my inexpensive Bluetooth IEMs while traveling. My ears aren't as acute as some of those here but I can definitely say that I the bass emphasis and separation of the Massdrop Plus were not lost. Comparing to my son's Airpod Pros and Sennheiser Momentums, other "premium" Bluetooth earbuds which fall in the same price range as this cable, and I think these are a better buy if you enjoy your IEMs but have been eyeing Bluetooth earbuds like I've been. I may even nab another cable with a different connector for my other at-work IEMs.
  • USB C - In a world where micro and mini USB still continue to exist in newly developed products, this was one of the biggest selling points for me. Reducing the amount of types of cables I need to travel with.
  • Controls and UX - My box didn't come with a link to the manual and I pairing wasn't super intuitive to me at first. Luckily one email later (which Christian responded to promptly) and I had the manual and was able to pair up easily with my Pixel 4 and Pixelbook (pairing with up to 2 devices!). The controls are simple to remember and they are easily manipulated with iems in-ear and out of sight.
  • Connectivity - I have not had any connection problems yet even when my phone is in positions where other Bluetooth headphones have lost connection in the past.
  • Weight - This may slightly vary between models- I wanted sleeved cables for the extra stealthy look while traveling. With the size of the unit (which was bigger than expected), I was surprised that they didn't feel heavier in-ear. They're also definitely more comfortable to run/jump in than any wired IEMs and easily adjustable to cinch down behind the neck.
  • Battery Life - I've been testing for over an hour now between the pair of Bluetooth earbuds and it's still showing 100% (not sure if battery life is being reported incorrectly but I guess we'll see as I use these for longer). Regardless, these outclass the Bluetooth Earbuds I've been comparing to.

The bad:
  • Background noise - There was an earlier comment by Plussound that mentioned the background noise would be pretty much non-existent. I did not find this to be the case and hear the white noise even with music playing at all volume levels. Some of you may find this more annoying but for my on-the-go use, I don't think it is as noticeable.
  • Pairing/unpairing beep volume - Every time you pair or unpair these, there are audible beeps which sound like the volume is cranked to maximum. Easily avoidable if you pair and unpair with iems out of your ear. My only concern with this is during moments where these may lose of connectivity, which luckily have not happened yet.
Overall I think these are great and I'm happy with the product. I hope these issues can be fixed with some firmware updates because it's otherwise exactly what I've been looking for in a Bluetooth module.

So after a few more weeks with the new firmware version and going back and forth between the Bluetooth cable, wired, and a true-wireless alternative I thought I should update my initial review. Working from home, I've been able to spend 6-8 hours a day time going between my Massdrop Plus and Audeze LCDi3 (wired and with the PS BT cable) and Airpod pros.

Some of my personal thoughts and observations:
  • I try to avoid switching between BT cable and my physically wired cables (since 2 pin weren't made to be interchanged frequently) so I really would prefer to just keep the BT cable on my IEMs. However, I find myself frustrated after an hour or two of listening where the hiss has just become so bothersome that I just swap to my physically wired cables again. The hiss makes it frustratingly difficult for me to distinguish between layers and instruments which are very easy to distinguish wired or even with Airpod pros. Something so minor really muddies the sound.
  • Not having the hiss make Airpod pros now my preferred wireless option. With the price of the cable being the current cost of Airpod pros I'm just finding it harder to justify this BT Cable.
  • I'm suspecting firmware seems to have primarily adjusted gain. Is this correct? Prior to the firmware update, I was around 20-30% volume level w/o EQ for my listening level. After firmware update, the hiss was slightly lower (even more apparent after a few more weeks of testing), but I now need to adjust volume to 40-50% to get to my listening level.
  • Given the above, I'm a bit concerned future updates to reduce the hiss will just be further adjusting gain and making it more difficult to drive what should-require-less to drive IEMs. Note: I don't really understand the engineering for things like this (I'm software not hardware/electrical) but it's a bit sus to where I am now thinking this is just a very poor mismatch of hardware.
  • If this is actually a hardware issue/limitation, no amount of software or firmware updates will ever resolve this. In this case I really feel like we paid a tremendous price (not just money, but also time) to beta test a product which should've never been released.
I really did want to like the bluetooth cable and believe they would've OK for traveling/flying where you always have some additional background noise. But I think I'm ready to shelve these unless this issue can be solved.

I hope my review helps anyone researching the cable since I would've loved this information when I was researching.

Thanks for sharing your impressions and feedback. In regards to your comments, we've revised volume settings so that the volume steps are more incremental and not be overpowering at low levels especially for earphones. Reduction in noise won't underpower the module either. But in the future, we intend to add more features and improve. If there are any questions or concerns, we are just an email away.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 13, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,392 of 1,759
Just spent an infuriating evening trying to update the Bluetooth cable via my son’s brand new pc laptop. After jumping through hoops as if I was purchasing something I was able to download a file.

a weird file I haven’t heard of.

no read me file or instructions

not on the website either.

Btw going to the website from google doesn’t work I seem to have to do it via Facebook?

anyhow after a lot of fiddling about I select in ap window check box that I have the device attached to a USB port.(I do)

But it tells my the device is already in use?

I try all the 3 ports on the pc.

I try to disengage everything trying to connect to the unit.i have to disconnect it as a keyboard ans as an audio device

still no joy.

can someone write up a guide on how to do this? As a Mac user this is a nightmare.

help please

write a guide on how to update this device please

Not happy.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,393 of 1,759

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #1,394 of 1,759
There were no instructions in my email other than these 3 words - download start guide
D942866A-DC86-4FA3-90D5-CC99D0828FD7.jpeg

Clicking the “start guide” just triggers the download of the app. There is no “guide”

the app has a check box displayed for you to confirm that you have the PSV3 plugged into a USB port I did ans confirmed that.

I pressed “Next”

And I get an error message saying the unit is in use. I tried to disconnect it as an audio device and as a keyboard / peripheral

but still get the error.

Please cut and paste the “guide” here or attach a pdf of it.

So folks can read it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #1,395 of 1,759
There are no instructions other than this text

Great, you have the firmware. Now, you'll need to get the program in order to get it working. Based on your username, we were able to locate your info on our system and resent email receipt along with instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back