Plussound Audio Thread
Sep 16, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #1,532 of 1,758
I've wondered the same, and I do have another pair of MMCX IEMs, but they are packaged-up as I have them listed for sale, and don't feel like unpacking to test the fit. Wish I would've thought of doing so before taping everything up, hahaha.

About the only way I can convince myself to spend so much (for the aforementioned Copper+) on a cable upgrade these days is if I KNOW that I'd be able to use it on multiple IEMs in the future......THUS, that also means I am leaning heavily towards modular connection like EA's ConX system (sorry to bring up a competitor here). Unfortunately, I don't like EA cable aesthetics except for their high-end offering, hahahaha. I am so picky.
You can get ConX for PS cables, or any other for that matter. That’s how I’m getting my Copper+; you’d just have to get it and send it to PS. Or if you buying through a reseller, get them to do it for you!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #1,534 of 1,758
Happy for you! I’ve got a Copper+ on order too and will note your recommendation on the bassy IEMS.
I love bass and thumping music lol, so some may say copper+ brings too much bass to the table. Hope you enjoy your copper+ when you receive it :wink: pls share your impressions of it as well!

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #1,535 of 1,758
Has anybody talked to Christian lately? I’ve been emailing him for weeks and no response…
We reply within a matter of hours (even minutes). If you’re not getting our emails, check your spam or trash. You can also reach us by PM on here or on our social sites.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Sep 16, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #1,536 of 1,758
We reply within a matter of hours (even minutes). If you’re not getting our emails, check your spam or trash. You can also reach us by PM on here or on our social sites.
Thanks! Wow you were right, I see your response from a month ago in my spam folder. How in the world did that happen… glad I reached out!

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #1,537 of 1,758
I’ve been reading and researching extensively on PPH and decided to make this an extravagant purchase to get the X8 version. Besides twister’s reviews, I don’t seem to see many reviews on the X8 version. I’m so glad for your reassurance that I won’t be disappointed because this is the max I’m prepared to spend on a cable. I waited for quite some time to see if there is a pre-loved one in classifieds but to no avail. I did hear improvement in sound over time with the copper+ cable but it may be due to my brain burning in to the sound signature hahaha…
Metaljem

I did the same research also, as well as discussed with Christian what I was looking to do with each cable I've purchased from PlusSound and his recommendations were always spot on. Feel confident in your research and your decision.
Also want to clarify about Tri-silver as many do read this forum. Nothing wrong with that cable, but when I was looking to do something specific with the IEM's I purchased the Tri-Silver for, it was a perfect fit for what I wanted to do, but for the IEM's I recently bought the PPH for, since it did not have the same issue, and the Tri-Silver while MUCH better than the stock 8 wire cable, it went a little to the "bright" side. The PPH just worked and really enhanced. If you look back a few pages you'll see my comments about the PPH and my quick discussion of that cable and several others.

And remember there are some cables out there now that make the investment into the X8 PPH look inexpensive, so I guess its to each his own, and what your conscious (and wallet) can bear. We are all chasing a sound signature, and for some getting to 90% of that signature is not enough and will gladly spend that HUGE premium to get there, while for others they can't or wont cross that line in the sand, and again there is NOTHING wrong with that.
There is NOTHING wrong at stopping at the point you feel spending more is a diminishing return. Its just that point is different for all of us, AND there is NOTHING wrong with stopping at that point . Just be thankful you are OK with going to the point of owning now a PPH and feel blessed you can make that decision.

Will close as a fellow X8 PPH owner that I would seriously be surprised if you are not happy, and no I don't think its Brain Burn-In because you spent that much for the PPH. I've purchased some items and did not like at all points of the cost spectrum. You will like what you like and not like what you don't no matter the cost. Just thankful there are classifieds on Head-Fi as the adage is so true in this hobby that one person's "junk" is another person's treasure, and it has bailed me out several times over...

Will close by saying as others on Head-Fi have said to me, "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet"

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #1,538 of 1,758
Metaljem

I did the same research also, as well as discussed with Christian what I was looking to do with each cable I've purchased from PlusSound and his recommendations were always spot on. Feel confident in your research and your decision.
Also want to clarify about Tri-silver as many do read this forum. Nothing wrong with that cable, but when I was looking to do something specific with the IEM's I purchased the Tri-Silver for, it was a perfect fit for what I wanted to do, but for the IEM's I recently bought the PPH for, since it did not have the same issue, and the Tri-Silver while MUCH better than the stock 8 wire cable, it went a little to the "bright" side. The PPH just worked and really enhanced. If you look back a few pages you'll see my comments about the PPH and my quick discussion of that cable and several others.

And remember there are some cables out there now that make the investment into the X8 PPH look inexpensive, so I guess its to each his own, and what your conscious (and wallet) can bear. We are all chasing a sound signature, and for some getting to 90% of that signature is not enough and will gladly spend that HUGE premium to get there, while for others they can't or wont cross that line in the sand, and again there is NOTHING wrong with that.
There is NOTHING wrong at stopping at the point you feel spending more is a diminishing return. Its just that point is different for all of us, AND there is NOTHING wrong with stopping at that point . Just be thankful you are OK with going to the point of owning now a PPH and feel blessed you can make that decision.

Will close as a fellow X8 PPH owner that I would seriously be surprised if you are not happy, and no I don't think its Brain Burn-In because you spent that much for the PPH. I've purchased some items and did not like at all points of the cost spectrum. You will like what you like and not like what you don't no matter the cost. Just thankful there are classifieds on Head-Fi as the adage is so true in this hobby that one person's "junk" is another person's treasure, and it has bailed me out several times over...

Will close by saying as others on Head-Fi have said to me, "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet"
Thank you, super like and agree with what you said!

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,539 of 1,758
Tried the X6 Tri-Silver the other day. Simply can't forget that beautiful sound - pairing so well with my Sony IER-Z1R... grand and refined, smooth and engaging! Placed an order (through Let's Go) immediately.:)
@hugo poon you are killing me! I have been looking around for the perfect cable for my Z1R as well and was considering the Tri-Silver. Any reason you went with the X6 over the X8? Cost? Given the sheer size of the Z1R, I was thinking something in the X8 configuration, but the price of the Tri-Silver is going to sting. That, and the 4-6 weeks will literally kill me. Like for real, I will perish.

-Collin-
I'm using Plussound's X series copper with the Sony IER-Z1R, and wanting to get one of Plussound's silver cables, but which one? In ascending price, there's the silver+gold, gold plated silver, and the tri-silver. Huge thumbs up here for the tri-silver, so maybe that's a no brainer. Would love to hear anyone's experience with the other cables with the Z1R, tho. I'm looking for the increased dynamics and musicality that my U12t got with the gold plated copper (which doesn't have the same effect on the Z1R). Would prefer to stay with the X series for its form factor and hope (?) nothing will be lost from not going for a beefier cable. But, mainly, which blend of silver to go with?

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #1,540 of 1,758
Cooper+ taking Isabellae to another level.
Deeper and textured bass, no peaks on highs, same wonderfull and warm mids. Even more organic sound. Wider soundstage.

1632774782861.png

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #1,541 of 1,758
I want to commend PPH8’s very impressive detail retrieval. It’s early days but I’m super happy with my purchase :)

Oct 11, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #1,543 of 1,758

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Oct 11, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #1,544 of 1,758
@PLUSSOUND

Is the main site and the etsy site considered separate entities?

For example, the DIY accessories go OUT OF STOCK often on the main site, but the etsy site still has stock available?

If I order from etsy, do I get a "Sorry, it's out of stock" reply on the item that is OUT OF STOCK on your main site?

Just curious, I'm done for the year but if I tackle new projects in 2022 it would be helpful to know.

Cheers

Oct 13, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #1,545 of 1,758
@PLUSSOUND

Is the main site and the etsy site considered separate entities?

For example, the DIY accessories go OUT OF STOCK often on the main site, but the etsy site still has stock available?

If I order from etsy, do I get a "Sorry, it's out of stock" reply on the item that is OUT OF STOCK on your main site?

Just curious, I'm done for the year but if I tackle new projects in 2022 it would be helpful to know.

Cheers

Etsy isn’t updated regularly as our main site. If you wish to order from there, send us a message prior to placing an order to check on availability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back