Plussound Audio Thread
Aug 6, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #1,502 of 1,758
I have been using the Apollonian Series cable with the new Copper+ for my HD650 and am really impressed by the cable. As always, the build quality of PlusSound is really good. This one has the 'TWIST' in the lower braid and it works wonders for the ergonomics. PlusSound has been really good with its ergonomics since they launched the PS insulation and I feel this is again a step up. I love using this cable. My current setup is this:
PS_Cu+.JPG

I was very surprised by how well this setup works. I have used the HD650 with the Violectric V380 desktop DAC/amp (stock cable) and that of course sounds impressive, but the Copper+ has unlocked the full potential of the Shanling M8 and the synergy here is excellent. The Copper+ seems to open up the HD650 and the M8 is powerful enough to drive the HD650 properly. The result is wonderful. Tight bass, airy mids and sparkling treble, while maintaining the character of the HD650. It is still an intimate presentation (for open-back headphones) and has the excellent timbre, but it doesn't feel compressed because of the airiness and less of the veil in the mids. This pairing is very musical and one of the most enjoyable setups I have. I think it does justice to the status of the HD650 and that is quite something for what is essentially a portable setup.

My full review will follow, but I wanted to share some initial thoughts while I work on that.

Edit: small corrections.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #1,503 of 1,758
I have been using the new Verse with Cu+ for my HD650 and am really impressed by the cable. As always, the build quality of PlusSound is really good. This one has the 'TWIST' in the lower braid and it works wonders for the ergonomics. PlusSound has been really good with its ergonomics since they launched the PS insulation and I feel this is again a step up. I love using this cable. My current setup is this:
PS_Cu+.JPG
I was very surprised by how well this setup works. I have used the HD650 with the Violectric V380 desktop DAC/amp (stock cable) and that of course sounds impressive, but the Verse Cu+ has unlocked the full potential of the Shanling M8 and the synergy here is excellent. The Verse Cu+ seems to open up the HD650 and the M8 is powerful enough to drive the HD650 properly. The result is wonderful. Tight bass, airy mids and sparkling treble, while maintaining the character of the HD650. It is still an intimate presentation (for open-back headphones) and has the excellent timbre, but it doesn't feel compressed because of the airiness and less of the veil in the mids. This pairing is very musical and one of the most enjoyable setups I have. I think it does justice to the status of the HD650 and that is quite something for what is essentially a portable setup.

My full review will follow, but I wanted to share some initial thoughts while I work on that.
Darn, this looks nice. Unfortunately, i just purchased a new cable a couple of weeks ago.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,504 of 1,758
Very excited to finally reveal our latest new offerings…

NEW: Every IEM and full-size headphone cable order will now come with a FREE digital quick start guide that can be downloaded immediately after purchase that contains installation instructions along with info on safety and warranty.

NEW: Now offering TWIST lower braid for our 4-wire cables. This new braid will allow the cable to be at its most flexible and smallest size possible. Option is available to select starting TODAY.

Now onto our main releases:

0596A7CA-ADE9-4380-9148-035CDEA3EC74.jpeg

We are proud to introduce COPPER+, a completely new copper wire design for IEM and headphone cables. Features including the following:
  1. New matte black finish made out of our signature PS insulation
  2. New proprietary dual shield + semi-conductive layer that will isolate electrical interferences while maximizing conductivity internally, resulting in better performance over our well-established Type 6 Litz design.
  3. Replaces large size bundles from Type 6 for smaller ones with more strands to further reduce electrical resistance.
  4. Replacing dampening core from Type 6 for a secondary wire at the center with its own insulation, while the outer bundles also serve as dampeners thanks in part by enamel coating, allowing it to fully isolate that center wire from any form of interference.
  5. Through innovation and design, we were able to implement all these features and increase outer diameter by only 15% - making it possible to offer wire for both IEMs and full-size cables.
Available to order starting TODAY for select wired and bluetooth cable models. Impressions and reviews from Twister6, Headfonics, The Headphone List, and others will be published soon.

and last but not least…..

EC2393AF-D220-45C6-B320-89D66F0A696B.jpeg

Introducing VERSE SERIES cable for IEM and Full-Size Headphones - our newest cable model in several years. Consists elements from Poetic Series at the bottom half that will provide added layer to your wire of choice for extra protection while keeping the top half non-sleeved in order to have the cable highly flexible and comfortable to wear.

81299DA7-A0B0-4026-9E5B-5AEAF86E788A.jpeg

VERSE SERIES is available to order starting TODAY through our website. For those in Hong Kong, we will be showcasing VERSE SERIES with COPPER+ wires at the HK AV Show on Friday Aug 6th HKT at multiple booths. You will be able to audition and purchase the cable at the show from these locations and if you’re not able to make it, be sure to stop by any of our dealer locations to try it out.
I would assume that other materials are being developed for the verse series?

Aug 10, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #1,505 of 1,758
For those who are interested, my PlusSound Copper+ review is up! Enjoy the read!

ps_copper_plus-06.jpg

Aug 11, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #1,507 of 1,758
@PLUSSOUND, may I please ask if you’ll be showcasing at CanJam SG 2022? Thanks!

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #1,508 of 1,758
I would assume that other materials are being developed for the verse series?
Not at this time. We will be looking into other materials for our PLUS (+) wires in the future.
@PLUSSOUND, may I please ask if you’ll be showcasing at CanJam SG 2022? Thanks!
We were originally scheduled for SG 2020, but we hope to be present in some capacity in 2022.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Aug 13, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #1,509 of 1,758
Not at this time. We will be looking into other materials for our PLUS (+) wires in the future.

We were originally scheduled for SG 2020, but we hope to be present in some capacity in 2022.
Got it, so PPH verse in 2035

Aug 14, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #1,511 of 1,758
I vacillated for days between a PPH8, Copper+ and Tri Copper cable. I’ve doggone done it, finally decided on the Copper+ which I’m eager to pair with my LX and LX SE. I’m more inclined to focus my splurges for these 2 IEMs :wink:

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,512 of 1,758
Took delivery of my X6 (6 wire SPC config) this morning. This is my first PlusSound cable; build quality and fit & finish out-of-the-box is impeccable. Looking forward to see how durable this is over time, but no reason to think it'll be anything less than stellar. I'm starting to rationalize a Copper+ cable for these same IEMs (if I can talk myself into a cable that costs almost as much as the IEM, hahaha).

IMG-0022.jpg

Aug 16, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #1,514 of 1,758
To anyone here with some experience using cables with outer PS-like insulation as used in the Copper+: how does this hold up to use and normal environmental factors/how durable is it?

I really like the look of the Copper+ in it's standard black PS outer insulation, and normally don't care for fabric/yarn sleeving, so just wonder about durability of the Copper+ au naturel.

Aug 16, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,515 of 1,758
Hi @twister6, thanks fo your worthwhile review !
to which cable series did your Copper+ test pattern belong?
to Verse series ?

With regard to Trailli, I could imagine Copper+ would make a good pairing with it !?

Of course, should work with the Bird!

The Copper+ I received for review is EXO Series, 4-wire cable. Verse uses multifilament yarn sleeving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back