Pleased, I need earhones IEMS for classical and jazz music. have no opportunity to listen, I need to hear quality music. Help ...me
Jun 10, 2010 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

atreides2205

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone and congratulations on your forum, find it has been like a little light on my ignorance in matters of headphones. I'm tired of trial and error and spent much pasta (which I have) and not getting results. 
Well, my problem is that for personal reasons I can not hear music as before (live concerts, my living room) now have little time and space, so the only way to hear music in my free time wherever you are and find me. My musical tastes cover all styles, but I want the headphones sound good with classical and jazz, the rest almost same to me. Seeking a iems capable of shelling and separating the fabric of a symphony orchestra but showing body and sound presence, with low controlled present but not dirty the rest of frequencies. but otherwise dealing with delicate issues and vocal chamber music, both classical and jazz. 
At home I have a few akg sennheiser hd 601 and 600 and do not convince me either. The first too neutral and lacking in body, and the second color change the music, I look for balance. 
The problem is I do not know anyone to prove any decent ims, or anyone who has had none.I'm more lost ... 
The budget is between 200 and 300 Euros, and at first I have no intention of buying an amp, but ... 
I had watched the i8 of senn, ultrasound, and u3 w (I think they are called) 
First of all thank you very much. 
 I would like, I say on the team no problem ideal budget, I forgot, the source is a ipod touch

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #2 of 11
SM3 sounds like it would be good for you in a BA IEM or Monster Miles Dave or Copper in a dynamic based IEM. If you want to save some coin the fischer DBA2 might also be an option.

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 11
I won't go into alot of technical detail between the two but

BA = Balanced Armature and they are small speakers which allows the IEM to potentially have several within each ear piece. For example the SM3 has 3 BA's per side and the DBA2 has 2 BA's per side. This allows for each speaker to be specialized for things like Bass, midrange, and treble. A BA based IEM is good at disecting music and revealing fine detail. It can have a problem with giving bass alot of slam and or finer nuances such as decay.

Dynamic = an old fashioned coil driven speaker (albiet a tiny one) this si the typical cheap IEM you see in stores and used to be relegated to fun or entry level IEM's only as they originally could not show the detail of a BA based IEM. But today many of the top of the line IEM's use a dynamic speaker with great detail and one model (Radius DDM) even has two dynamic speakers in each IEM. Dynamic IEM's generally have more bass slam and decay than BA based IEM's but can be very balanced as well.

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #6 of 11
UM3x, SM3, DBA-02, Radius DDM and MTP MD........

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 11
Anyway, if you want to look at it another way, all earphones and speaker relates to dynamic. Dynamic means movement, and you need movement to produce sound. Strictly saying you need vibration of a material, and from the compression and depression of air, voila, you get sound. The point is, before you dwell too much into this kind of things, it would be good to know very well what you want/like/can/need to hear. The difference in the sonic signature will be more important than the transducer type used. But general consensus is that dynamic drivers moves quite a lot more air than the balanced armature driver. Yet I believe well implemented BA earphones will beat some dynamic earphones at bass reproduction. And finely tuned dynamic earphone can give more details than some BA earphones ever can.

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #9 of 11
Ortofon e-Q7 is what you are looking for. Great Balanced Armature Driver IEMs.  I myself listed to Classical and Jazz with this and after comparing to UM3X and other multi driver IEMs, this have no comparison. Read few reviews here on the forum. This will help you find what you want. Also JVC FX700 and Radius DDM are awesome with Jazz and Stringed instruments. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back