[PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)
Apr 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #151 of 193
Quote:
t1, hd800, lcd2r2, i could not possibly part with any of them, my v800 v200 combo makes all of them really shine, to give to any of them a preference in the poll would just be a lie,

but if i had the founds for just one of them i would go with the t1 because those tesla drivers are just so sexy energizing, killer resolution/separation and excellent 3d stereo imaging

And again a good reminder to myself this hobby is very subjective.
I much agree regarding the latter two, however the T1s never convinced me and just had to sell them. To me they are not in the same league with the other two. I used to own the V200 at that time, which is a great amp for them apparently.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #152 of 193
Quote:
t1, hd800, lcd2r2, i could not possibly part with any of them, my v800 v200 combo makes all of them really shine, to give to any of them a preference in the poll would just be a lie,

but if i had the founds for just one of them i would go with the t1 because those tesla drivers are just so sexy energizing, killer resolution/separation and excellent 3d stereo imaging

+1

beerchug.gif

T1 is still my favorite, as well as my reference headphone (with Woo Audio 2)

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #153 of 193
Quote:
The LCD's are very forgiving with source. They are also pretty good with nearly all genres as well mainstream music. The T1's right behind them. The HD800's although more on a upper plane level not so much as you need to feed them good stuff to get good output and the last time I listened to some test tracks featuring Lady Gaga, it made me hate her even more.

Thanks for your feedback. Is it true that the HD800 is best suited for classical music? And what is your take on the HE500 for mainstream music? From what I've gathered, it's pretty close to the LCD 2 in all departments.

Quote:

Either of the Audeze. Although having owned all in this poll, but the LCD-3, my all around favourite is the HD800 accross all genres. It's that good. But again YMMV, as you need very good downstream for the latter.

Thanks, I would very much like to audition the HD800 one day. May I ask what amp and source are you using with your HD800?

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #154 of 193
I find this poll really interesting. For some reason I was under the impression that the T1 was not as highly regarded by head-fiers as the other flagships. The poll results imply a very different situation.  

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #155 of 193
Quote:
I find this poll really interesting. For some reason I was under the impression that the T1 was not as highly regarded by head-fiers as the other flagships. The poll results imply a very different situation.  

i still think they're highly underrated though, often left out in the comparison between other flagships (TH 900, LCD-3, HD 800, HE-6)

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #156 of 193
The T1's reputation may have suffered from some bad results in purrin's CSD ('waterfall') results, although Idk how widely viewed these were.

This poll is unbalanced. Sennheiser and beyerdynamic are represented by flagship only, whereas audeze has its flagship and two earlier models, one not even available any more when this poll started. Effect for audeze is its 'vote got split'. Combined, audeze has 38% today but...what would it have got if it had been treated the same as S' and B'? Or alternatively, if the DT880 and HD650 or 700 were included to balance the poll?

Hence, I'm not sure the poll tells us anything conclusive. Not the OP's fault. Seems to be a limitation on what sort of poll design can be set up with head-fi's current tools.

May 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #158 of 193
^ what's your conclusion from this poll OP?

May 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #160 of 193
I have somehow ended owning all of these at some stage, except for R1. I still own three of them but the T1s. I would order them as:
HD800 > LCD-3 >> LCD-2.2 >> T1.

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #162 of 193
Quote:
Would be awesome if we can get some more votes: bump! :)

Does it count if I heard all of them but didn't have enough head time with each?  I own a T1 so I had a significant listen to those, but others heard all of them at some point or another in different setups.  Based on that I'd rate them as follows:
LCD-3 -> T1 / LCD2.2 -> HD800

To me T1 and LCD2.2 are in some ways a tie. Not to say they sound same, but rather it's a tossup between which would have more headtime. But LCD-3 stood out ahead of the pack.

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #163 of 193
Have heard all on a 160D, Soloist, Dacmini, and WA2 (except the lcd3's).  Enjoy them all for different reasons.  If I had to pick one to keep its still the T1.  I feel like its the best jack of all trades for what I want, and I love it's treble. 

A little analogy. I feel like with the HD800 I'm standing on the dock watching the water, but with the T1 I'm swimming in the water. Feels more involving.

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #164 of 193
Quote:

A little analogy. I feel like with the HD800 I'm standing on the dock watching the water, but with the T1 I'm swimming in the water. Feels more involving.

this is interesting, i once said that t1 are like being in the room with the instruments being played around you, while the hd800 are more like listening from outside the window

it looks that at this point it's much about tradeoffs and personal preferences

i still need to listen to the lcd3 in my setup

but seems like the t1 are the hardest to comprehend, put off a lot of listeners because of that, even before comparing them with the others, of course you can't expect everyone to compare all of this expensive cans side by side objectively

it's not about having the best of em all but the more pleasing, this makes it anything but simple

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #165 of 193
Quote:
Have heard all on a 160D, Soloist, Dacmini, and WA2 (except the lcd3's).  Enjoy them all for different reasons.  If I had to pick one to keep its still the T1.  I feel like its the best jack of all trades for what I want, and I love it's treble. 

T1!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back