[PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)
Aug 24, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #46 of 193
So all in all you think the LCD-3 highlight treble more than the LCD-2r2's?

Quote:
Here's my 2 cents in case you missed it (likely worth that 
tongue.gif
):

http://www.head-fi.org/a/comparisons-of-the-lcd-3-and-the-lcd-2-rev-2

Aug 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #48 of 193
Pretty interesting poll results not that it proves anything.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #52 of 193
I own the hd800s, lcd3, and the t1 and had the lcd2 (early r2) but sold them to my friend. I think alot of the time its just people that say a headphone is better than another because its made by there favorite brand or because they own a headphone made by that brad (ie "BeyerFan")  without ever listening or having owning the headphone they are supporting. I think that it is pathetic because you have what are essentially fanboys running around influencing people buying decision without ever knowing what the headphones there supporting or the competition are really like.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #53 of 193
Is the LCD-3 much better and worth the price? Is it your favorite headphone?

Quote:
I own the hd800s, lcd3, and the t1 and had the lcd2 (early r2) but sold them to my friend. I think alot of the time its just people that say a headphone is better than another because its made by there favorite brand or because they own a headphone made by that brad (ie "BeyerFan")  without ever listening or having owning the headphone they are supporting. I think that it is pathetic because you have what are essentially fanboys running around influencing people buying decision without ever knowing what the headphones there supporting or the competition are really like.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #54 of 193
Quote:
Is the LCD-3 much better and worth the price? Is it your favorite headphone?

well I don't want to say if something is much better than anything else because we all have difference sound preferences, But my personal opinion is that the lcd3 is the best tonaly, the hd800 has the best sound stage and can sound very fun with the right amp, and that the t1 is best if you don't want to have a headphone as amp picky as the other two.

Aug 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #55 of 193
Quote:

You've referred to my earlier comment as ********* so I'm compelled to respond. I appreciate that you own all HD800, LCD3 and T1 and feel that people support specific headphones because they own that particular brand. You also suggest that I didn't listen or own any other headphones prior to my suggestion that the T1 is a better made phone than the HD800.

May I remind you that everyone does not share a similar listening preference, and I have listened to the HD800 and still stand by my comment that the HD800 is analytical, bright and not as musical as the T1s to my ears. On top of that, the HD800s are not only cheaply built but look like a toy to me. Please note that I am not the only one who shares this opinion.

I am well aware that there are some HD800 owners who find their headphones to be superior to the T1s, or vice versa. "Superior" is subjective with regards to sound quality as people have a specific preference as to how his or her music should sound like. My comments may influence other people in their purchases but it would be expected that prospective buyers do their homework and take all comments on the forums with a grain of salt. You certainly show shallowness in your comment referring to my actions as "pathetic" because I am influencing people's buying decision. How did you come up with that supposition? Ultimately folks would need to think for themselves and not follow advice from the forums blindly. Even if they did, the person who offered advice will not be held responsible if the phones don't sound the way they are described, would it not?

I would suggest that you show a bit of maturity and be more open-minded even if you do not like what you read. As what I've mentioned earlier, I still feel the T1s to be a more balanced sounding model than the HD800s. I am fine if you don't feel that way but you seem to be agitated from the way I see it.

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #56 of 193
Quote:

You never answered anything that my post was about, you have not said how long or if you have ever even listened to the hd800 (and the lcd3/2 for that matter) and you never said anything about the set up you listened to them with. Unlike the t1s that you could plug into almost anything and they will still sound good, the lcd3 and hd800 are far different and a good amp makes the difference from a bland thin sound to a incredibly immersive experience.

Aug 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #57 of 193
We only managed to listen to the LCD2(not sure which revision), T1 and HD800. I agree with some of the comments about the T1s being the most balanced sounding headphones as both me and my girlfriend liked this the most. The classy clean looks of the T1 also appealed to us. The LCD2 and HD800s are at the opposite spectrum of things as they sound very different. We didn't like both as we find the LCD2s to be too warm and lacking in detail whilst the HD800s sounding thin and lean. Also, my girlfriend commented that the HD800s on top of my head made me look like a weirdo although we find them to be most comfortable of the lot. 

We also tried the DT880 and although they sound quite similar to the T1s they lose out in refinement, sounding a touch rougher.

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #58 of 193
LCD-2 rev1 - not heard
LCD-2 rev2 - Very smooth, musical and fleshy but lacks air and resolution compared to the others
LCD-3 - Only heard it once, sounded very hefty and more open than the LCD-2 but significantly more recessed midrange with some upper mid graininess. My least fav among these. 
T1 - Very good tonality. Excellent mids, strong bass. Precise treble. Very, very deep soundstage. Only real problem is some treble edginess. Would be fatiguing after extended listening. 
HD 800 - Massive soundstage. A very high-resolution sound, no resonances. Bass is very very very well controlled. Treble is very clear but elevated with some particular edginess at 6khz. Causes sibilance and cymbals to sound bad. Midrange can sound thin, needs good amp that adds warmth without loosing clarity. Overall my fav among these.

My vote goes for the HD 800, with the T1 at a very close second. Keep in mind that the LCD-3 I heard may have been "veiled". 

Aug 27, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #60 of 193
Quote:
Interesting poll. Looks like the T1 is the winner here.

Funny, I own the LCD-3s, HD800s and T1s and while I still really enjoy my T1s (had the first pair sold here in Canada in January 2010), I would rank them third after the LCD-3s and HD800s. I wonder how many who voted actually heard them, or if they did, just casually at a meet or store? Having them all at home for many months, my rankings haven't changed much. I might have preferred the T1s to the HD800s initially, but as I scaled up my amp/dac, the HD800's magical nature really shone through.  The LCD-3s are equally finicky of upstream gear. So that leads me to my next thought, as the T1s are easier to get to sound right (less transparent in comparison to upstream gear), could also be a contributing factor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back