Please, help! Sennheiser HD 25-1 II vs Ultrasone HFI-780
May 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #32 of 39

Quote:
I love my HD 25's.... the soundstage is NOT that bad.  It could be slightly wider for genres like Trance, but considering everything else it does (isolation, separation, comfort, ability to get parts, etc), I wouldn't choose anything else right now.  I mix mainly Dubstep, Techno, Trance, House, Dutch, and Electro, and I love these cans.  $200 was a fantastic value for them considering everything that it can do....

Just my honest opinion

Nice review. I do like a balanced opinion.

May 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #33 of 39
Most of you seem to be missing the point. I DO NOT CARE about soundstage when I'm listening to metal/rap/hard rock and such. I love the HD25s because of their punchy bass and agressive yet not overdone midrange. I'm sure there are lots of other happy customers out there who feel the same. Nobody ever recommended these cans for classical or jazz, nor are they known to be "immersive".  They're just fun and engaging without overdoing anything, which headphone Nirvana (for me).

I remember some review that explained very nicely (drawings included) that the HD25s have good spatial positioning without sounding distant or very layered (aka "good soundstage" for most people).

May 6, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #35 of 39

Quote:
... And that ladies and gentleman is why the HD-25s are the most accurate headphones in the world. I rest my case.

Glad you finally heard sense! Though saying there the best in the world is rather presumptuous even for you, unless you can back that claim up with definite scientific proof that there sound is measurably the best audio quality in the world

Quote:
My vote goes toward the ultrasone hsi 780 , after burn in these are a definite fun phone . Punchy bass nice highs not sibilant like the grados, maybe not the most comfortable headphone but not that bad . The tone is fine these headphones are not fatiguing at all , since the driver is not pointed at your eardrum but at the outer part of your ear . Good for gaming ( when your playing a shooter its easy to pick out where your opponents are ), easy to drive and since they have a falrly good seal they are great for drowning out the kids shows or the neighbor who is always working on his damn cars .
I like them more than the grado sr80 and gs1000 , I like them way way more than the beyerdynamic dt990 and dt770 . The lcd-2 is better but those phones were made from angels wings.

Wow! are angels wings made from plastic , metal , wood etc ?

mmmm...? where would headphones be if humans hadn't any scientific knowledge ? .

Maybe their would be a few primates banging on Tree logs & using coconut shells to focus the sound. & Graphicism ancestors would be there complaining about the lack of sound-stage in his/her  coconut shell .

Quote:
Most of you seem to be missing the point. I DO NOT CARE about soundstage when I'm listening to metal/rap/hard rock and such. I love the HD25s because of their punchy bass and agressive yet not overdone midrange. I'm sure there are lots of other happy customers out there who feel the same. Nobody ever recommended these cans for classical or jazz, nor are they known to be "immersive".  They're just fun and engaging without overdoing anything, which headphone Nirvana (for me).

I remember some review that explained very nicely (drawings included) that the HD25s have good spatial positioning without sounding distant or very layered (aka "good soundstage" for most people).

aka well balanced :) .

May 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #36 of 39
WOW!  What an awesome thread!  Containing: 

1. A spirited disagreement that mostly stayed civil.
  2. A declaration of "most accurate headphones in the world".
  3. Recognition that everything is basically made from star dust.
  4. A reference to headphones (LCD-2) being made from angel wings (!!).
  5. A following question of what angel wings are made of.
  6. And most importantly, an OP that actually let us know what he bought (HD 25-1 II), this decision made after all the stellar advice given here on this forum, and that he loves them.  Can't get any better than that!

And to think I was just browsing around looking for some opinions on the HD 25-1 II. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #39 of 39
for the members who are facing the same dilema, I own both and.... I love both!
I changed pads on the HFI780 by sony's bought on ebay and it sounds VERY good.
I think they are sharing the same sound signature : fast,detailed, right quantity of bass with very good quality. Highs very good too but might be a bit too much for some.
both are very well built, but HD25 is even better, every single part is replaceable. Soundstage is better on Ultrasones, instrument separation is awesome.
I found both confortable, maybe hfi a bit more because circum, especially with new pads (genuine ones are just to stiff)
Isolation is good with both, slightly better with hd25.
For me : hd25 for portable use, hfi780 for home.

I don't understand people saying that bass are too much, reaaaaaally not! denon d2000 & hd25 have more, my fa011 much more!

my2cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back