Please Help. I want to buy Grado SR80i in Canada
Feb 16, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #16 of 21
One of the resellers here in Oz is quite public in expressing his opinion of the local distributor, but is powerless to do anything about it. As long as they have the name recognition, Sennheiser can trample all over the public, consumer and retailer alike - Sony do it, Apple do it, so I guess Sennheiser see themselves in that rarified strata.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #17 of 21
If you're still looking I'm thinking of selling my Grados with the G-cush pads*45$* for 110 120 shipped to Canada. come with the pizza box, I 'm going to cut a chunk of the foam out to make room for the big pads but that's about it. In perfect condition  lightly used, with the receipt. 

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #18 of 21
There is a set of 225's for sale in Kijiji in Edmonton FYI.  Agree that they come up on Canuck Audio Mart with some frequency too.

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:
One of the resellers here in Oz is quite public in expressing his opinion of the local distributor, but is powerless to do anything about it. As long as they have the name recognition, Sennheiser can trample all over the public, consumer and retailer alike - Sony do it, Apple do it, so I guess Sennheiser see themselves in that rarified strata.

I'm not complaining about the retailers and I'm not complaining about the prices per se, just the stupid policies of the distributors.  If a pair of Grado's really did cost that much or even if Grado just wanted to jack up the price and try to make a bigger profit I'd be fine with that.  I'm complaining about Grado and its distributors telling retailers what to charge.

Incidentally Headroom doesn't like Grado's policies either...

Quote: (Under "What We Think")
Note to All International Customers: Grado Labs in Brooklyn NYC has asked us to respect their distributor & dealer territories and decline all international and overseas orders including the following countries: Canada, UK, Mexico, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Greece, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Austria, Yugoslavia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Israel, Slovenia, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Burma, Philippines, Arabian Peninsula, Iceland, Greenland, Israel, Lebanon, Thailand, Brazil, Malaysia, South Africa, South America, Antartica, the Larsen Ice Shelf, Timbuktu, Oz, Mongolia (both Outer & Inner), North/South Korea, Nabimia, Zambia, Sardinia, Canary Islands, Falkland Islands, Cape Verde Islands, Cape of Good Hope, Cape Horn, Cape Cape, the Azores, Grenada, The Galapagos, French Polynesia, Jamaica, Bermuda, Easter Island, The Marquesas, Bimini, Rock of Gibraltar, The Prudential Rock, Trinidad [we're still working on Tobago], Maldives, Seychelles, anywhere they prohibit music..... or anyplace else. Please address all Grado Labs dealer location requests, policy complaints, and shipping infraction reports to: info@gradolabs.com

Emphasis mine.

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #20 of 21
Try to find a used one here, if you don't, I got my ms1i from alessandro's website for 110$ shipped, you can also get the ms1 for 99$
I'm in Québec.    Hope it helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back