player with huge soundstage?
Jan 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #16 of 26

Quote:
I thought people on this forum should conscious enough to know that standard computer and iPod audio is garbage, the best choice for a reasonable price would be a cowon i10 or a j3, both have great and simple UI's

iPod audio isn't garbage, but the EQ is lacking compared to quite a few other players. The SQ is just as good as any other quality player. The Cowon DAP's all sound equal to an iPod, it's the EQ and BBE audio enhancements that add to their appeal. I know, I own iPods, Sony's, Sansa's,Samsung, AND Cowon players. 
Quote:
I know it's not so low-end as to say it is sonic garbage, but it still is on par with cheap computers and such when regarding SQ

Wrong - you really don't know what your talking about, do you??? Start a flame war somewhere else,...

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #17 of 26
The hifiman daps have nice, and big soundstage.  However, I found in general if you want to obtain huge soundstage, changing your headphone/earphone/IEM will give you a much bigger impact over daps, and better fulfills your soundstage goal. 

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
I thought people on this forum should conscious enough to know that standard computer and iPod audio is garbage, the best choice for a reasonable price would be a cowon i10 or a j3, both have great and simple UI's

Quote:
I know it's not so low-end as to say it is sonic garbage, but it still is on par with cheap computers and such when regarding SQ

Quote:
I'm saying it's a normal and not impressive sound, not saying they are completely crap

You said its garbage, that means it sounds like crap. There are quite a few people here who use iPods,...do you really like to offend us (I also use an iPod, and quite a few other devices as well)? Choose words carefully, as we're all one big dysfunctional family. 
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSleip /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm saying it's a normal and not impressive sound, not saying they are completely crap

Funny - I tried the Iphone4, iPod4 and the Cowon J3 - I also used to own an iAudio7 as my primary portable DAP.  To me SQ (flat) was comparable.  If anything - the iP4s were slightly better.  Add the LOD functionality, better GUI, and apps like Equaliser or Equ - and you have a killer DAP IMHO.  Anyway - I used both and preferred the Apple offerings.

Maybe I just like garbage 
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #21 of 26
With flat settings, all enhancements disabled, I preferred my Touch 4G to the Cowon i9 ...and the i9 is of the same generation as the J3.

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #22 of 26
I got fuze v2, have to say it has much more details than nano4 but it also has more warmth and more forward mids which I don't like. I still prefer the sound sig of nano4, more realistic, more airy.

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #23 of 26

Quote:

You said its garbage, that means it sounds like crap. There are quite a few people here who use iPods,...do you really like to offend us (I also use an iPod, and quite a few other devices as well)? Choose words carefully, as we're all one big dysfunctional family. 
wink.gif

I said normal, what I mean is that if we would like to refer to a good DAP we would first look on the characteristics of the DAC and amp, since we would look for something not too pricey, we can't expect too much from it, but it still matters. Next would be the file format support, because not everybody uses sound enhancement (and it's options would go next)
Then would go UI and practicality.
 From my experience i believe that iPod's basic SQ is not as good as it would be on other devices on the price range, since it sounds worse than 500$ computers i've listened to, that it's why i said what i said

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
I said normal, what I mean is that if we would like to refer to a good DAP we would first look on the characteristics of the DAC and amp, since we would look for something not too pricey, we can't expect too much from it, but it still matters. Next would be the file format support, because not everybody uses sound enhancement (and it's options would go next)
 From my experience i believe that iPod's basic SQ is not as good as it would be on other devices on the price range, since it sounds worse than 500$ computers i've listened to, that it's why i said what i said

Would respectfully disagree.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #25 of 26

Quote:

Then, as they say, you are WRONG! As the current line of iPods produce (on a FLAT eq OFF setting) the same high quality sound as a good mp3 player. This includes, but is NOT limited to, the Cowon, Sansa, Sony (even if it IS bass heavy), etc players available today. You really need to do a bit of research bro,...your way off the mark ATM - and mearly come off as an uneducated Apple HATER!!!

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #26 of 26
think you are all misunderstanding me, apple has done a very good job with the setup that an iPod/rockbox will offer in sound quality, however this is not apple main concern and i can't help to think that if someone put their mind to it, a entry level awesome-sounding DAP could be achieved, i am not talking about the current market, i am talking about what could be made, most probably it's not yet matched or surpassed, so i'd like to save my money for a high end player or to wait until something astounding arrives.
Sometimes i have trouble to say what i mean without it sounding like something else, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back