Playaz N1
Mar 13, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #496 of 506
I found TD-III a bit too bass heavy and definitely prefer the N3's. The N3's just seem a bit more musical, they have a terrific tone about them and each of the elements (bass, mids, treble) seem to complement one another so well.  N3's have less bass but adequate to make any genre of music enjoyable.  Where as TDIII makes hip hop/dance fun, but for slower and musical tracks the bass can be a bit tiring to listen too.  TD-III mids are also quite forward which is not my preference but maybe for others.  However, the TDIII are more comfortable than the N3's.

I personally wish they reproduced playaz N3.  If they improved the following areas it would be the perfect IEM in my opinion:
- smaller and more comfortable housing
- Enhance build quality
- add mic for smartphone compatibility

Quote:
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Playaz N3 Nature to the new Xears TD-III Blackwood?  I'm curious to see how their sounds compare to each other.

Mar 15, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #497 of 506

Quote:
I found TD-III a bit too bass heavy and definitely prefer the N3's. The N3's just seem a bit more musical, they have a terrific tone about them and each of the elements (bass, mids, treble) seem to complement one another so well.  N3's have less bass but adequate to make any genre of music enjoyable.  Where as TDIII makes hip hop/dance fun, but for slower and musical tracks the bass can be a bit tiring to listen too.  TD-III mids are also quite forward which is not my preference but maybe for others.  However, the TDIII are more comfortable than the N3's.

I personally wish they reproduced playaz N3.  If they improved the following areas it would be the perfect IEM in my opinion:
- smaller and more comfortable housing
- Enhance build quality
- add mic for smartphone compatibility

Thank you for that comparison, that was a huge help.  I wish the Playaz N3 was still made too, and I agree with all the changes you would make (plus, a Y-cord instead of J-cord).

I was looking at these iems from Xears, and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried them, and can give some comparisons to other iems (Playaz N3, anything else).  I can't seem to find reviews on them anywhere.

Xears Xtreme XT120 Pro:  http://cgi.ebay.com/Xears-Xtreme-XT120PRO-Highend-Ear-Kopfhorer-/290545233923?pt=MP3_Player_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item43a5d87003

Xears Revolution XR120 Pro II:  http://cgi.ebay.com/Xears-Revolution-XR120PRO-II-Highend-Ear-Kopfhorer-/290545361707?pt=MP3_Player_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item43a5da632b

Xears Revolution XNR120 Pro (wood):  http://cgi.ebay.com/Xears-Revolution-XNR120PRO-Ear-Kopfhorer-Version-/300536880382?pt=MP3_Player_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item45f964dcfe

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #498 of 506
^...you know what.  I'd be happy with n3's with just a Y cable
regular_smile%20.gif

i just sampled meelec CC51's.  They are very good and very close to N3's but fall behind slightly in bass. N3's have just a bit more bass and a bit more depth.  Its a small difference but its enough of a difference that makes me still prefer the N3's.  Its the bass on the N3's that warm my heart every time i hear them.

For refernece, i found the TD-III had a bit too much bass for my liking and therefore could not enjoy all music types.  The TD-III with forward bass and mids and the rumble that the bass provides, just made me want the bass to take a back seat, and calmer mids would have been appreciated as well.  This style does suit the more fast paced genres of music. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #499 of 506
Just for info, a new model is available, called Xears Resonance, available in Black or Bicolor.

Too bad that with the description on the website we can hardly know the sound signature it has, but considering the quality of the TDIII, my curiosity is piqued.
smile.gif

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #500 of 506
Hi All,

I'm just speculating here but it looks like N3's may have been revived in the form of xears nature n3i.

If these sound like the n3 and have iphone remote that can play/pause/skip tracks, it would make me a very happy man
normal_smile%20.gif

http://xears.com/en/Nature_N3i_Highend_Iphone_Headset_Mp3_use_69.html

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #501 of 506
Xears have confirmed that the new n3 has the same driver as playaz n3.
Unfortunately the iphone mic is only capable of stopping tracks and taking phone calls.  No ability to pause, skip or go to previous track
confused_face.gif

Its good to see n3's back on the market but introducing an iphone compatible IEM without basic remote functions doesn't seem to add much value IMO.  Plus I think the price has doubled from the original playaz n3, but might still be worth it given how good the originals sound. 

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #502 of 506
You guys have to listen to Xears Communicate C100iP. They are WAY better than N3, TD100, whatever. They are so much detailed and transparent (yet powerful and very defined on the bass region).

Build quality is a bit better better than TD100 and they have a Y cable and a microphone (iphone compatible). Actually Xears have a promotional code for all models at 25 EUR (Couponcode: KLANGFUZZIS).

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #504 of 506
I love the sound signature of the Playaz/Xears N3 Nature iems (big soundstage, big/full/round bass, clear and forward mids and highs), and I'm looking to upgrade.

Are there any iems with the same type of sound as the Playaz/Xears N3 Nature, just higher-end (more clarity, details)?  I want the same type of sound signature as the N3, just better/higher-end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back