Playaz N1
Jun 13, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #316 of 506
That's a shame. :frowning2: I can use them for hours. The ones who hurt my ears were IE8's. Jesus, it was terrible. N3 are WAY more comfortable. But thats to my ears, of course.

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #317 of 506
Last burn-in. This time I ran 3 players at the same time. One with White Noise, the other one with my set (heavy stuff) and the other one with a song that push for mids and highs to the limits. RESULT: crystal clear sound. This is what I call HIGH-FIDELITY. Highs are the best I've heard (so sparkly and detailed), mids are lush and sweet as IE8 (yet a bit better - male and female vocals are more upfront) and bass is strong and fun (subwoofer-like). 500+ hours of burn-in are completed and they're totally different IEMs. 

N3 Nature are definitely the best IEMs I've heard so far. Let's wait for TD100 and XNR120 PRO. Pretty curious about those 2 models.

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #318 of 506
My N3 have alot of burn-in in them already (don't know in hours) but their mids and highs aren't nearly as detailed and transparent as the RE0. The bass is quite nice though and i love listening to them anyways

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #320 of 506
I liked the TD100 compared to the N3s. In fact i like the TD100 compared to the TM1s, N3s. I have the XNR120s as well as the entire Playaz range except for the N1s. except im too lazy to open em up

Good earphones, but the build quality is iffy. The TM1s looks like it will fall apart anytime, so does the N3. Main reason is no strain reliefs on the TM1s. The Playaz earphones build quality just dont give me the kind of confidence that the Meelec earphones does.

But my TD100s have suffered bit of abuse over 2 months and are still chugging along

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #321 of 506
I hope they arrive tomorrow (TD100). It's curious that something was telling me that TD100 could be better than N3. Can't imagine something better than N3, so, let them come!! :D

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #322 of 506
I received my order from Thomas late last week and I've been busy burning in the following models:

Playaz N3
Playaz AR100
Playaz Sonia II Extreme Edition - freebies...

Xears TD100
Xears TM1 Pro - arrived broken (I had to crazy glue the housing back together)
Xears XM2 red edition - freebies...

I'll post my reviews late next week, after adequate burn in and listening time....

Quote:
That's a shame. :frowning2: I can use them for hours. The ones who hurt my ears were IE8's. Jesus, it was terrible. N3 are ALOT more comfortable. But thats to my ears, of course.

I feel bad for you miow.  I think that's the first time I've read that the IE8's hurt someone's ears to that extent.  I never had a comfort issue with my 8's and fell asleep with them in many times.  Everyone that tried my 8's commented on the light weight, comfort and amazing sound quality.  Some commented about the isolation, but no one complained of discomfort.  That's a shame that you experienced pain.  Oh well, one size doesn't fit all I guess.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #323 of 506
Yeah, it was a shame. They did hurt alot. It had to do with the housing. I don't have them now. I've sold them. But not because of pain, but because I like N3 sound quality as much as IE8.

Now I'm so curious about TD100. Hope they arrive today!

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #325 of 506

Quote:
Hope you guys like the TD100 as much as i do. better than the N3s IMO.

Do be careful with the N3s and TM1s since the casing tends to like to break into two.

Keep the crazy glue handy.. my TM1's arrived separated.. They sound ok after gluing them back together.. I'll have pics in my review...

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #326 of 506
I don't like TM1 Pro. Sound sig is too dark. Too much bass. A bit less mids and highs than N3, smaller soundstage and less clarity. At the end I've choosen N3. Let's see TD100 and XNR120 PRO (still waiting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushibowl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope you guys like the TD100 as much as i do. better than the N3s IMO.

Man, if they're better than N3, they will be the steal of the century. N3 sound sooo good. Hope they arrive next week.

Jun 20, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #327 of 506

Quote:
My N3 have alot of burn-in in them already (don't know in hours) but their mids and highs aren't nearly as detailed and transparent as the RE0. The bass is quite nice though and i love listening to them anyways

Quote:
I don't like TM1 Pro. Sound sig is too dark. Too much bass. A bit less mids and highs than N3, smaller soundstage and less clarity. At the end I've choosen N3. Let's see TD100 and XNR120 PRO (still waiting).

Man, if they're better than N3, they will be the steal of the century. N3 sound sooo good. Hope they arrive next week.

I haven't heard the TM1 and TD100 (looking forward to more impressions here), but all the Playaz models I know (N1, Sonia I, Sonia II, N3) need significant EQing of the bass in order to sound their best. Even when EQed down by about -10db, their bass retains impressive authority, but detail and clarity get a lot better.

Jun 20, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #328 of 506
didi you notice that the more you burn in the less this phones need to be equalized?
at the beginning they sound gloomy so i spent a lot lookin for the best set ...now they seem to sound better on flat equalization.

is this just a personal impression?

(i have AR100)

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #329 of 506
^ Out of those I've heard the AR100 and N3 need less EQ than the rest, but apart from that I believe it's mostly personal burn-in of one's brain. IME, if you pick up a bright IEM like the RE0 or CK10 and switch between these and the Playaz (even after many hours of burn-in), you instantly realize how that overdone Playaz' bass is smearing a lot of detail.

In short, I can stand to listen to the AR100 or N3 on flat, but I still believe they sound much better from a quality EQ source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back