Playaz N1
Jun 6, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #302 of 506
If you have other good tips (that provide GOOD isolation, this is key) the difference is not that noticeable. I'm using the large single flange sennheiser tips and I actually prefer them to the dual-flange because they sound less warm

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #303 of 506
Interesting. I can't get a good seal with the single flange tips. I notice some loss of definition/detail with them.

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #304 of 506
Just been listening to the N1's for the first time in ages, having been otherwise occupied by far more expensive but by no means far better phones, and good lord these N1's amazing for the price.
The soundstage is just vast and out of the head, bass is slightly iffy and off perhaps but otherwise they are just wonderful.
Cant believe these things were just fifteen euros.

Jun 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #305 of 506
N3 are sounding better and better each week that passes. What a definition/detail...! Really impressive. I love the mids and sparkly treble and bass is really nice. Very fun and analytical at the same time. They are the best IEMs I've heard till date. Better than IE8. I've owned IE8 for some time and have compared them side by side to N3. Before selling the IE8's, N3 were already sounding a bit better. Now they sound better than ever.

Sennheiser IE8 (220€):

- Excelent mids
- Good highs
- Good bass (quantity - plenty)
- Medium clarity
- HUGE soundstage

Playaz N3 Nature (25€ - promotional price):

- Excelent mids
- Excelent highs (better than IE8 - more detailed and sparkly)
- Good bass (quantity - plenty)
- Good clarity
- HUGE soundstage

At the end I've sold the IE8's. And no need to say I don't miss them. Just buy good quality tips, since the ones provided are junk.

Jun 12, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #308 of 506

Quote:
Just got my N3 today, out of the box it already sound much better than my PL30 

Out of the box they don't sound as good as after burn-in. They will change ALOT. 150 hours min. At 300/500hrs they will be super detailed. Burn-in really does wonders to these IEM's. Also use better tips, since the provided ones sound radioish. My recommendation are Sennheiser tips or Sony Hybrid. I'm using Sennheiser double flange (original). Fantastic seal. Don't buy fake Sennheisers. If you can't get original Sennheiser's, get Sony Hybrid.

Jun 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #309 of 506
I've just purchased TD100 based on what I've read so far. Let's see how these babes sound like. If they're better than N3 (difficult) I'll give them an award. lol.

Jun 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #311 of 506

Quote:
Out of the box they don't sound as good as after burn-in. They will change ALOT. 150 hours min. At 300/500hrs they will be super detailed. Burn-in really does wonders to these IEM's. Also use better tips, since the provided ones sound radioish. My recommendation are Sennheiser tips or Sony Hybrid. I'm using Sennheiser double flange (original). Fantastic seal. Don't buy fake Sennheisers. If you can't get original Sennheiser's, get Sony Hybrid.

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #312 of 506
I will test Xears Revolution Nature XR120 PRO as well (wooden housing as N3). I'll let you guys know. Something tells me they're as good as N3 and they look far better. Let's see ; )

Jun 13, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #313 of 506
Looking forward to your impressions on the TD100 and XR120. I would love to get the sound of the N3 from a smaller pair of IEMs. The N3 are REALLY huge for me, their housings just stay against my "ear lobe" (don't know how to put it) and after some time with them on when i take them off i have that part all red and hurting.

All in all i'm loving them and would like to try out some other offers from Playaz/XEars. They are no RE0 but are awesome for the money 

Jun 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #315 of 506
So far, the N3 sound very good but I can't bear wearing it for more than half an hour, the big housing definitely hurt my ear 
frown.gif

I'm using the soundmagic medium single flange tips and I prefer them to the sony hybrids, they provide better seal for me. 
Still looking for sennheiser double flange tips....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back