PLANAR IEMs fans thread-Impressions, suggestions, ranking list, techs
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #107 of 239
I am really impressed with the S15 as a total everyday carry package. If any of these other planars can continue with the same timbe and similar tone, only with more microdynamics and resolve, you'd have yourself a TOTL champ.

Jan 4, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #109 of 239
So are you making modded Hidizs 145's too?

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #110 of 239
This planar iems comparison video focused on the S15 and MP145 is really worth a watch:

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #111 of 239
Hi guys, i wanted to try one of the recent planar models.I've got in the past the first model of TinHifi P1 and i liked it a lot.
Suffering from tinnitus since 3 years, i became more sensitive to highs and upper mids, what would be the warmest and lusher model?Thanks for your advice!

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #112 of 239
Hi guys, i wanted to try one of the recent planar models.I've got in the past the first model of TinHifi P1 and i liked it a lot.
Suffering from tinnitus since 3 years, i became more sensitive to highs and upper mids, what would be the warmest and lusher model?Thanks for your advice!

The Letshuoer S15 is one of the warmer planar IEMs with a very smooth treble and thicker note weight.

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #113 of 239
I bought a pair of letshuoer S12 pros after overwhelming reviews on how good these things were and how they performed. However, I was met with an underwhelming response, and frankly disappointed. They're still growing on me, and I'm on the 40 hour burn-in mark. To be honest, I can see the following and likeness of them, but don't think I can totally get behind it.

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #115 of 239
I bought a pair of letshuoer S12 pros after overwhelming reviews on how good these things were and how they performed. However, I was met with an underwhelming response, and frankly disappointed. They're still growing on me, and I'm on the 40 hour burn-in mark. To be honest, I can see the following and likeness of them, but don't think I can totally get behind it.
Give the Kiwi Ears Melody a shot----they only cost $89 but are really quite good and do not get the attention they deserve---I actually like them as much as the MP145 and the much more expensive S15's------

https://hiendportable.com/kiwi-ears-melody-english-review/

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #116 of 239
Thanks guys, think I'll check up on Kiwi ears first and see if planar IEM is for me. Didn't really work out for headphones.
It happened to me too, a little disappointed by the zetian wu, but with the melody, the tone is better but IT'S NOT an all-rounder!

Jan 8, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #117 of 239
Just a bit maybe. I have no problem with s12pro's treble quantity but with it's quality... it's a bit glaring/ grainy. I would like it more refined,sparkly .
Did you find what you were looking for?

I find the hook x with its piezoelectric driver for highs has a great sparkle to its treble without farigue. the s12pro seems a bit more blunted in comparison

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #118 of 239
I have been using Akoustyx S6 for over half a year now. Headfi reviews show it is a finicky beast I mainly bought it because of the one good review it had and because its a damn marvel for a ~6mm planar in etymotic form (but shallow fit).

Basically it feels like it was tuned just plain wrong, and you have to commit every treble/high taming measure to get it right.

Once I have it autoeq-d to the bassiest curve I could find, put on a second extra "dark" graphical EQ preset in wavelet, get an actually good dongle and get some bass-promoting (atleast non-treble) tips on there, its my favourite IEM.

Its bass is just so accurate and fast. Its fine for all tracks and bass cannon level for every third or so. On those tracks its the best bass I have ever heard.

Mids are perfect as well. I dont actually know how to describe mids, they are awesome.

Treble is something that can get out of hand even after I did everything to tune it to my liking. But it is the most sparkly and precise I have heard so far.

I really like it for psytrance, EDM, speedcore, hardstyle, dubstep. I just want to push detailed and congested tracks because it has no real limit in this regard.

The main tuning caveat is that the louder you want to listen, the more agressively you have to tame treble.

In the end, this is a tinkering IEM. It can go a lot of of places and you dont have to remain complacent with its sound profile, you can just keep experimenting and it will give you more for your effort. I have S400 eartips on it right now and it weirdly gives me a less planary-bass, like it has decay (?). I didnt know it could do that.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #120 of 239
My initial impressions of the MP145 vs S12pro:

-MP145 has a bit more bass quantity,bass quality is about the same
-MP145 has more refined treble where the S12pro can be sibilant
-S12pro has a bit wider and taller soundstage and is a bit more coherent in the midrange of busy tracks.
-S12pro's are more comfortable for small ears.

These sound differences are subtle though...they are both very good. For the treble /sibilant sensitive the MP145 should be the winner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back