Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #61 of 183
I'm glad you had a good time. Unfortunately I could not make it. Is this place now open for regular business hours?

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #62 of 183
Yep! It was doing regular business hours before. The difference now is that they are 100% finished with the place. Even though it was a work in progress you still wouldn't have known. They did a good job of working as they went. Hope to see you at next meet!

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #64 of 183
Dan Clark the owner of Mr Speakers headphones is coming to music to my ears on Dec 23rd from around 3-7. He will be bringing his prototype electrostatic headphone with him. I for one am trying to make time for this.. Im all about the electostats! Anyways gents and gals one more time for good measure----

Dan Clark from Mr. Speakers
MUSIC TO MY EARS
Dec 23rd from 3-7 (tentative time)

I will update this thread for more information the minute I get it

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #65 of 183
Hey guys, some news and a question:

News:
Dan Clark, designer and founder of MrSpeakers headphones, will be visiting Music To My Ears on Friday the 23rd, from 3pm - 6 pm. Dan is a smart, motivated, intense but intensely interesting fellow whose work is shaking up the industry. In addition to being able to meet him, there will be all his latest headphones for demoing, with the special treat of his prototype Electrostatic headphone!

This will not be an official "meet" per se, but definitely wanted to share the opportunity with you guys.

Question:
In January, I was thinking of hosting a more "Member Driven" meet. I do have some cool gear, I'd love to show people what virtual surround can do with Gaming and Movies with IMO a ridiculously expensive rig (Creative X7 + Chord Mojo DAC + Cavalli Liquid Carbon Amp + Sennheiser HD800). I'm also curious what you guys have, and I'd also love to swap stories and experiences. Meet & Greet!

So, this is an interest check, and I'd want to know how many people would be interested, and if Gear was being brought. We'd probably need to find a public space, so knowing the quantity would really help! Let me know in this thread!

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #68 of 183
Yeah that's me, I just don't post much :)  It was pretty sweet being able to compare headphones on such high end amps.  I definitely want to upgrade my gear soon.

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #69 of 183
I won't be able to make it tomorrow but I would be interested in a meet in January. Unfortunately I don't have any interesting gear to contribute.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #71 of 183
I won't be able to make it tomorrow but I would be interested in a meet in January. Unfortunately I don't have any interesting gear to contribute.

Two people so far, sweet! Don't worry about bringing gear, I like hearing other people's stuff but I've got a lot of interesting things I would love other people's opinion on... plus it's just fun to watch people's faces light up. That's one of the fun parts of hanging out with Craig, he is (or at least was) easy to amaze, and his reactions to laugh, literally jaw-drop, or threaten my poor poor walls with fist-sized holes (thankfully he's never actually acted on the urge to drum that hard... it's a cold winter!).

Gear so far that would be present for the Member - Driven meet:

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD800
ZMF Ori (maybe a Vibro too, unless Craig sells it)
AKG K612
Stax SR-X mkIII
V-MODA M-100
Phillips SPH9500
Creative Aurvana Live!2, Gold, and Platinum
Creative Sound Blaster H7

Upstream Gear
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Chord Mojo
Audio–GD DAC19
Creative Sound Blaster X7, E5, G5, E3, E1
FiiO E12 (the first production run)
FiiO X3 II
Fostex HP-A4

Speakers:
Creative Roar, iRoar
Riva Turbo X
Maybe my Chane bookshelves? Space permitting.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #72 of 183

I would be interested in attending.

CRAP!
Guys, I just realized I messed up. I put the date into the calendar right, but some reason I didn't type Friday the 23 of December. Dan is coming NEXT Friday! Sincere apologies, but if you weren't able to make it today, then you still would have a chance to meet him and hear the electrostat prototype.

If it had been today, I have off work and totally would have gone, but it's Friday the 23rd. Bad day for me, but hopefully a good day for others! The calendar on the first post has the right info: I'm dedicated to putting addresses and websites and correct info into that!

Thanks for understanding!

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #73 of 183
Evs got me pegged on all that ha. I still have that reaction. If i am digging something it usually makes me laugh out loud (an easy give away of mine of enjoyment). But yes that right now is the gear being brought to the next meet. I am excited for it

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #74 of 183
Hola my yinzer peeps. Had a lot of personal things going on recently, and missed out on some previous events. I'm back in town now , and am eager to hit up the shop on the 23rd. I'm off of work that day , and free all day.

Do you guys need or want people to bring their gear?
My rig:
HE560 (grill mod. Might have jerg enhancement mods done by then.)

Amp: Mjolnir-1

Dac: Theta Pro Prime IIa

USB Bridge: Singxer X-1 (homemade enclosure)

No fancy cables. Lol.

Would love to meet other "insane" people like myself. Lol

Let me know my friends.

Cheers,
Sam

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #75 of 183
Yo Sam! This time around I don't think I am bringing any thing personally. I am going to be there around the time that Damn Clark will get there. I suspect he will be the main attraction with the new e-stats he is brining. This January we are going to hold a members driven meet where everyone is encouraged to bring their gear. Evshrug started a nice list of what we already have coming to the meet. If you think you could make a January meet we could then add your gear to the list. Once we can corridnate the date then we will fire it up on here, and then build the list of who is coming and with what gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back