Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #91 of 183
Oh yeah!! The liquid spark was essentially a portable liquid carbon. The thing is a little tank. It did a stellar job with the closed back Ether C (Dan Clarks portable rig that he passed around to all of us)

Dec 27, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #93 of 183
I am hoping to be at a future Pittsburgh meet. Some dates in February are not good for me, but I won't know until I get back to work next week.

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #94 of 183
btw  ab_ba, where you get those Custom iems? I looked at the pic zoomed in to see the detail. so cool!!

Hey frankbunny,

Those are JH-13 (Jerry Harvey). The artwork is the album art from Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures. They did a great job with the look, not to mention the sound!

-Aaron

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #96 of 183
  Hey Pittsburgh Headphiles,

I just posted my review of the Focal Utopias, if anyone is interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/focal-utopia/reviews/17726

Purchased, of course, at MTME.

-Aaron

love your Quote from Dan Clark. That is really cool to be able to hear the different cymbals... Man i love drums ha. And thats so cool your Customs have the album art from Joy Division.

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #97 of 183
I forgot to post this picture from when Dan Clark, owner of Mr Speakers Headphone came to the store for the impromptu meet and greet. Not every day that you get to ask any question you want to a headphone innovator, let alone in person. Thank you Dan for stopping by and also sharing your portable rig with us! ha

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #98 of 183
Hey guys, so I was thinking that Panera Breads have these little conference rooms, maybe the January meet could be a "Brunch & Beats" kind of deal? I have to ask what their policy is on how much money you have to spend to reserve the room, and for how long, but they have power outlets and tables (and chow) in a public place so that could be a good option. I'd probably buy breakfast for myself, maybe lunch too, and I'm sure that if enough of you guys came hungry we'd easily meet their quota.

I'm also thinking about asking the landlord of my townhouse complex if we could use the pool clubhouse, since, you know, nobody's gonna be using the pool. Sometimes the maintenance guys sit there and spend the day watching TV, but since they usually aren't doing anything I bet we could kick them out :wink:

Thoughts friends? I wanna put this down in the calendar!

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #99 of 183
I love both ideas. Is it sad that I am curious about your pool house? Ha. I would be down for either.... tell me if you want me to help with Panera information. I am curious to see what their costs are. Also I would ask your landlord about the pool house to see if that's still an option

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #101 of 183
Will be saving for canjam or I would. Definitely looking to do something late February, early march.

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #102 of 183
Should also have new toys by then. Also, I just read that thx will be at canjam showcasing their new AAA headphone amplifier technology :heart_eyes:

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #104 of 183
What time are people thinking of? I'm not sure if I can go or not but am interested. I have a pair of mrspeakers ether open 1.1 that im looking to sell if anyone's interested pm me. I figure if anyone's interested we could do the transaction at this show.

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #105 of 183
I hope the date chosen works for me due to upcoming work related travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back