Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #2,057 of 2,189
Aug 1, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #2,058 of 2,189
Man, I really appreciate this. It's great to finally get a suitable set of leather pads for my SEM1's :beerchug:. Have you noticed any sonic changes with the new pads or does everything sound the same?

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #2,059 of 2,189
Have you noticed any sonic changes with the new pads or does everything sound the same?
The sound has changed a bit. A little more bass. The middle is just as clear and transparent. High frequencies, it seemed to me, decreased a little on some tracks, excessive brightness was gone. Resolution and detail at the same level. I also want to note, again, according to my feelings, this increase in the depth of sound.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #2,060 of 2,189
The sound has changed a bit. A little more bass. The middle is just as clear and transparent. High frequencies, it seemed to me, decreased a little on some tracks, excessive brightness was gone. Resolution and detail at the same level. I also want to note, again, according to my feelings, this increase in the depth of sound.
Nice, I ordered my set. Now the wait begins. The way you describe the sound is exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks for the update!

Aug 17, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #2,062 of 2,189
My Master 1 has arrived today. I missed this great sound the headphones are capable to reproduce.
Now I am waiting for my lamb leather earpads to arrive and also to find a place where they can make a custom leather headband for maximum comfort. Thinking of getting Forza Audio cable too.

Attachments

• 20220817_211103.jpg
    20220817_211103.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Aug 17, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #2,063 of 2,189
My Master 1 has arrived today. I missed this great sound the headphones are capable to reproduce.
Now I am waiting for my lamb leather earpads to arrive and also to find a place where they can make a custom leather headband for maximum comfort. Thinking of getting Forza Audio cable too.
What earppads are you getting? Do they have any fenestration? That is what I found to be important with the Pioneer. The headband on mine need replacement. I most likely will make one as I used to do leather work professionally. But I don't enjoy it like I used to. I can believe how cheaply the headband was made, to start breaking down in a couple of years of being new. Otherwise, besides the earpads and headband, which break down, the Pioneer seem to be very well made.

Aug 17, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #2,064 of 2,189
I am getting this genuine sheepskin earpads:
US $15.66 13%OFF | Sheepskin Angled Diameter circle Bevel Ear Pads Leather Round earpad 90MM 95 100MM 105MM 110MM 115MM 120MMHeadphones Ear Cover
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uXJxJ1

110 mm diameter and they are not fenestrated. Maybe in the future I will experiment with others. If you have skills to make headband of high quality leather maybe you consider doing few and selling to some of us interested? That will be much appreciated.
I love the sound signature and if things can be improved I would love it even more for a long time.

Aug 17, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #2,065 of 2,189
I am getting this genuine sheepskin earpads:
US $15.66 13%OFF | Sheepskin Angled Diameter circle Bevel Ear Pads Leather Round earpad 90MM 95 100MM 105MM 110MM 115MM 120MMHeadphones Ear Cover
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uXJxJ1

110 mm diameter and they are not fenestrated. Maybe in the future I will experiment with others. If you have skills to make headband of high quality leather maybe you consider doing few and selling to some of us interested? That will be much appreciated.
I love the sound signature and if things can be improved I would love it even more for a long time.
I look forward to your impressions.

I still have my equipment, sewing machines etc., but no desire. And besides then I might be tagged as member of the trade as they do here, and no desire for that. Any good leather worked could make the headband with the dimensions given.

Aug 20, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #2,068 of 2,189
Left new genuine leather, right fake leather.
New pads definitely alter the frequency response some. Mainly in the mid to upper frequencies. It’s sounds like some of the clarity has been taken away. I need to listen more to put my finger on what’s changed in the sound.

Aug 20, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #2,069 of 2,189
New pads definitely alter the frequency response some. Mainly in the mid to upper frequencies. It’s sounds like some of the clarity has been taken away. I need to listen more to put my finger on what’s changed in the sound.
What kind are you using?

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #2,070 of 2,189
Still waiting on new pads here, ( thanks for the share). But I find I mostly fail blind tests as far as pads and cables are concern, which can be a good thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back