Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jun 6, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,606 of 1,830
I have a few basic questions. Besides the default music player, what other free player can be used that has a clean, minimal interface and an easy search function? For reference, I use MediaMonkey on my computer and I like the way it scans everything and can search by ID3 tags.

I still find the volume to be somewhat limited, I did install the firmware upgrade. Specially during driving I have to set it very high. Currently I connect using Bluetooth and just put on a long playlist. Is there a better way to connect for superior fidelity? Or can it be controlled by the car interface? I can only skip songs with Bluetooth, I like how my car stereo recognized my ipod and I was able to control it via the car interface. I'm assuming if I connect via aux connection I won't be able to control it at all, aside from physically through the device, which is dangerous while driving.

Jun 6, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #1,607 of 1,830
I have a few basic questions. Besides the default music player, what other free player can be used that has a clean, minimal interface and an easy search function? For reference, I use MediaMonkey on my computer and I like the way it scans everything and can search by ID3 tags.

I still find the volume to be somewhat limited, I did install the firmware upgrade. Specially during driving I have to set it very high. Currently I connect using Bluetooth and just put on a long playlist. Is there a better way to connect for superior fidelity? Or can it be controlled by the car interface? I can only skip songs with Bluetooth, I like how my car stereo recognized my ipod and I was able to control it via the car interface. I'm assuming if I connect via aux connection I won't be able to control it at all, aside from physically through the device, which is dangerous while driving.
You might try "Hiby" music player, my cars bluetooth does not recognize my pioneer, but all in all i'd rather use the aux input, hiby does allow play through folders, not a bad option.

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #1,608 of 1,830
Hi all. Just bought this player from Amazon US. The one I have is Imported in the EU, and I did a firmware update. The version I now have is 0.1.37. However I srill do not have the Variable Line Output under Sounds and Notifications. What version does everyone else have? The player is pretty good but I believe it is not very loud.

Jun 8, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #1,609 of 1,830
Hi all. Just bought this player from Amazon US. The one I have is Imported in the EU, and I did a firmware update. The version I now have is 0.1.37. However I srill do not have the Variable Line Output under Sounds and Notifications. What version does everyone else have? The player is pretty good but I believe it is not very loud.
Mine is also 0.1.37 and it does have the Variable Line Output option in settings.

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #1,610 of 1,830
Mine is also 0.1.37 and it does have the Variable Line Output option in settings.
Thanks csimon. It is so weird. I did try restarting the unit, and have logged a complaint with Pioneer Support. Can you take a picture of the Sounds and Notifications so I can see what it looks like?
Other than this issue, I am happy with the unit.

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #1,612 of 1,830
Thanks csimon. It is so weird. I did try restarting the unit, and have logged a complaint with Pioneer Support. Can you take a picture of the Sounds and Notifications so I can see what it looks like?

My Device Information page and Sound page.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg

Jun 8, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #1,615 of 1,830
Does it make a huge difference to the sound quality?
Hi, it may be to do with the market your DAP is for - have a look at one of the latest posts in the Onkyo DP-X1 thread. I have a
Japanese market version and the same firmware as you and have what csimon posted in his photo, the EU put some restriction
on volume but the Onkyo thread may help.

Jun 9, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #1,616 of 1,830
Hi, it may be to do with the market your DAP is for - have a look at one of the latest posts in the Onkyo DP-X1 thread. I have a
Japanese market version and the same firmware as you and have what csimon posted in his photo, the EU put some restriction
on volume but the Onkyo thread may help.
Thanks tiddlywinks. I will definitely go and check. I must say, at least the support on this thread is top notch. Most of these issues and solutions would not have been known

Jun 9, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #1,617 of 1,830
Greetings everyone,

i just purchased the XDP-100R in silver. Which sounds fantastic and a big upgrade from my half dead DX50.
But a few noob questions may I ask,
Is there a way to lock buttons, especially the volume wheel after I switched off the screen?
As I follow along this thread, I notice some of you are able to make this device as an USB DAC or I mis-read it?

It's been great using this baby, I hope all of you enjoy it too! :gs1000smile:

thank you in advance and happy listening :ksc75smile:

Jun 13, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #1,618 of 1,830
Is there a way to lock buttons, especially the volume wheel after I switched off the screen?
As I follow along this thread, I notice some of you are able to make this device as an USB DAC or I mis-read it?

In the Sounds & Notification settings screen, there is an item called Volume Lock (see my screenshot 6 posts up ^^^^).
USB audio out to a DAC is described in the manual on page 80.

You might find it useful to have a quick read through the manual first which should answer quite a lot of basic questions.

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #1,619 of 1,830
In the Sounds & Notification settings screen, there is an item called Volume Lock (see my screenshot 6 posts up ^^^^).
USB audio out to a DAC is described in the manual on page 80.

You might find it useful to have a quick read through the manual first which should answer quite a lot of basic questions.

haha I just read through the manual as you reply like 5 minutes later. anyway thank you very much for your answer and cheers

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #1,620 of 1,830
Hi all,
I have a Mojo hooked up to a new XDP-100r, Wi-fi and Bluetooth off, I have disabled most of the extra programs and using UAPP playing a mix of 16/44 Flac files and DSD files. I get maybe 1.5hrs and the player drops to 30% battery remaining, and then dies about 30min later. Has anyone else encountered a super-reduced battery life when using an external DAC? (Or more specifically MOJO...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back