Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Feb 23, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #1,486 of 1,830
I don't recommend the pioneer because it has the worst battery life I've ever seen, basically just a few hours before it's running on empty. Also, it doesn't have enough power for full size cans. It does sound good though, albeit a little too clinical.

My TEAC HA-P90SD is more..... xD

The worst Batterie in Universe, all time on USB charger.... xD

But I like its sound the better I Have Tested, better that XDP-100R I think... xD

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #1,487 of 1,830
Hi All Body xD

On my XDP-100R (Japon Version) I use it with Shure SE435 and SE535 xD

With the Sofware of Pionner it's Ok....

But with other (AIMP3/Foobar/PowerAmp), I have a breath, parasite at Down Volume (1/160)....
Very bad!!!!
I listening this parasite.... So I have resolved it with the Gain Option, I put it at "LOW2", so it is Normal???
My Shure is at 32 Ohm....
Note: Japon Version don't Have Option "Variable out". Only for EU version and its problem of Gain....
On Notice it is Write: "Put the lower Gain at priority, and Up if necessary..."

SO I don't Understand why with the Sofware of pionner I have no this Parasite, may be it has Special Option/Driver.... Other Sofware don't have this....

About HD Format I tested many HD Format:
-FLAC 96/192
-DSD
I don't See difference Between Good mp3 (320Kbps with Quantifer HIGHT)/FLAC 44.1 and HD Format.....
Do you listen difference between this all HD format?????
Same on my DAC IbassoDX80, Fiio X3II and TEAC HAP90....

Thx.

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #1,488 of 1,830
Just a quick questions about this DAP.

Does it have gapless running without troubles, and does the eq let you modify the left & right channel gain?

Haven't found this on the internet, and am really interested in this dap.

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #1,491 of 1,830
So I buy my music from hdtracks and they give me goosebumps!
Just downloaded INXS from acousticssounds but I don't think it sounds as goods as hdtracks.
Is it just a bad album?
Hdtracks 96/24 aiff music to my ears sounds better than acousticsounds 192/24 flac.
Maybe is the inxs kick album? Is it the flac vs aiff? Is it the service?

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #1,493 of 1,830
So I buy my music from hdtracks and they give me goosebumps!
Just downloaded INXS from acousticssounds but I don't think it sounds as goods as hdtracks.
Is it just a bad album?
Hdtracks 96/24 aiff music to my ears sounds better than acousticsounds 192/24 flac.
Maybe is the inxs kick album? Is it the flac vs aiff? Is it the service?

Interesting observation. 

Check the ID tags. Are the file lengths what you would expect? Lossless should sound the same in any format.

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #1,494 of 1,830
Sound is complexe... xD

Path is diffferent between 44.1/48 Sometime, QUARTZ different for each...

CODECS is differents for FLAC/Mp3....

On the IBASSO DX80 the LAst Years they changent "Sound engine" for FLAC and more precision and Bass... xD
Just Sofware it was....

Just Use your HEAR xD
Format not Important....
Hardware specification not Important...

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #1,496 of 1,830
If it ware a LDC Screen, as Telephone... xD

Batterie dont' have power more 5/6h.... xD

For to have Batterie Fiio X3 is very nice, 2/3 days withotu charge...

Exept TEAC PHA-90, it has very little Screen, but Batterie have 2/3h of Batterie MAX... xD

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #1,497 of 1,830
  Have had mine a week now, reading about the battery life I am not sure I want to open it, or just send it back.

Anyone getting more than 5 or 7 hours out of a charge ?

Yup. I get usually 10 hours/charge, using mostly in Stand-alone mode for music (FLAC & MP4/MP3) and podcasts (not in Stand-alone) using Pocket Casts app. I do not use the XDP for web/email/games, there's a phone/tablet for that nonsense stuff.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #1,499 of 1,830
Interesting observation. 

Check the ID tags. Are the file lengths what you would expect? Lossless should sound the same in any format.

Ok, the other album I bought from them was Led Zeppelin and same thing, it doesn't sound right, defenetly better than iTunes, but I can hear the sound breaking up like if is saturated or missing something.
First thing I notice when I listen to iTunes music is how "broken" or not smooth the music sounds. This Led Zeppelin album is doing the same thing.
And the inxs album is lacking bass.
Hdtracks I purchased Phil Collins and is amazing.
Same thing with the doors collection and supertramp. They sound great. Hdtracks Pink Floyd division bell sounds ok, like a cd but nothing more.
Roger Waters Amused to death also great, goosebumps too.
But both inxs and Led Zeppelin from that other company, really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back