Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Feb 10, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #1,457 of 1,830
I can't speak to the pricing - but the Pioneer XDP was/is my first DAP other than iPods and I like it a lot - user friendly, plenty of features lots of memory.  I don't have any really amazing headphones (Westone W4R, Sennheiser Momentum OE, Nocs NS800) but they all sound great with the Pioneer.  You'll probably end up with more headphones moving forward, I did, and the Pioneer can surely support it.

Also - I use a Mac and have had no problem moving files in ALAC from iTunes to the Pioneer, using XDAP Link app.

New entrants from FIIO may be worth comparing to the extent Android is important (it was to me).  

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #1,460 of 1,830
Hello guys, I can get this player for 185 euros brand new but without warranty, is this worth it? i only have a pair os se215 from shure, thanks
For €185 I'd snatch it up immediately. If you don't want it PM me where to get it for that and I'll buy it :p

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #1,464 of 1,830
^
Don't know about the EQ flashing red as I don't bother with EQ. As for album art there is a setting in the music player app to use album art as background and as long as the box isn't checked the art shouldn't stick.

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #1,467 of 1,830
Hi all, my DAP is on it's way and I have a couole of questions:

- Is Tidal App using the DAC for the offline music playback without rooting?
- I underdtand there are some issues with skipping in the Tidal app offline playback. Is this SDcard type deoendant? E.g. faster but smaller SD card could help?

I would like to use this DAP mostly wuth Tidal hifi service. I have the RHA t20i in-ear so expect significant sound quality boost comoarrd ti my Pixel XL. Alsobplan to use aptx Bluetooth connectivity with Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #1,468 of 1,830
^
Don't know about the EQ flashing red as I don't bother with EQ. As for album art there is a setting in the music player app to use album art as background and as long as the box isn't checked the art shouldn't stick.

Could you please guide me to where this setting is, I'm having the same trouble getting rid of the album art as wallpaper.

In the root settings menu (from the Hamburger icon), there is a checkbox for "Album artwork". I have this set to on, because otherwise you get a faded image in Now Playing.
In "Change playback screen mode" I have it set to "Playback screen with full size album artwork" (ass opposed to "Playback screen with wide control area"). This puts the album artwork into a square on the Now Playing screen like any other normal Now Playing screen, otherwise it only appears as a background image.
Drill down into the Settings menu and there is a "Home screen wallpaper setting". I have this set to off.

However, the album artwork is still shown as a zoomed and dimmed backround image on both Now Playing and on the home screen. I can't get rid of it. So on Now Playing, not only do I have the full album artwork in a square in the middle as normal it's also the background of the screen and looks awful and amateurish and difficult to read.

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #1,469 of 1,830
Could you please guide me to where this setting is, I'm having the same trouble getting rid of the album art as wallpaper.

In the root settings menu (from the Hamburger icon), there is a checkbox for "Album artwork". I have this set to on, because otherwise you get a faded image in Now Playing.
In "Change playback screen mode" I have it set to "Playback screen with full size album artwork" (ass opposed to "Playback screen with wide control area"). This puts the album artwork into a square on the Now Playing screen like any other normal Now Playing screen, otherwise it only appears as a background image.
Drill down into the Settings menu and there is a "Home screen wallpaper setting". I have this set to off.

However, the album artwork is still shown as a zoomed and dimmed backround image on both Now Playing and on the home screen. I can't get rid of it. So on Now Playing, not only do I have the full album artwork in a square in the middle as normal it's also the background of the screen and looks awful and amateurish and difficult to read.

In the upper right corner select the three horizontal Lilly bars, right over album artwork is "settings" , select it. Then you will have to scroll down and under OTHER you will find Home Screen wallpaper setting, unselect it.

James

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #1,470 of 1,830
Well I just unpacked, charged, and configured my recent Pioneer XDP-100R purchase from the Newegg/ElectronicsExpo deal that has been ongoing.  I proceeded to load a few of my favorite HiRes albums onto a SD card and.....Wow really glad I made the purchase, the sound and capabilities  of this XDP -100R are amazing, so much more than just a music player.

My only complaint thus far is that the 3.5mm connectors on several HPs I have, are too large (diameter) to fit w/o an adapter with the handle/bumper in place, which does seem handy; I hate to remove it so guess I will live with an adapter.

Haven't had a chance to experiment much, but certainly like what I have heard in HiRes from the SD card.

I did load the Amazon music app and the streaming is fine as expected, but not the quality of the HiRes on the SD.

I want to give Tidal a try so will be on the lookout for one of their 6 mo trials I keep hearing about.

I do notice the album art is present, on all the desktop screens as some have mentioned.  This doesn't bother me; I like that it is there when using the player, but it should be able to be removed if desired from the other screens....suspect it is just a checkbox somewhere.

The stock music player seems to be fine so far, but I am open to any recommendations for a better player.  Some time back I purchased Poweramp & n7player from the Google store for a phone, so may give them a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back