Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Feb 3, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #1,441 of 1,830
  I've been reading that this device likely won't get any Android updates? Would seem like a problem in the future

Personally, I would not clog this thing up with a bunch of apps, slowing down it's performance (that's what your phone is for).

Even on my phone, I turn off updates on 90% of the apps because they just keep getting more and more bloated.

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #1,442 of 1,830
  Personally, I would not clog this thing up with a bunch of apps, slowing down it's performance (that's what your phone is for).

Even on my phone, I turn off updates on 90% of the apps because they just keep getting more and more bloated.

I will probably install just one game so I can play coop with myself because I has no friends... jk, or am I :O

I delete everything else that I don't use. I do that with my phone and PC and set everything to manual update. Eventually though some apps start saying "requires Android x.x" so I'm worried if Spotify or whatever music app would start doing that. I would certainly be able to keep using it as an offline player, but I'm not planning to get this 100% just for that.

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #1,444 of 1,830
I stand corrected!
That's awesome.
Now I'm mad! I just paid 399, but Amazon is keeping an eye out for people that return too much and they get banned for life !

Can you do price match? If not what you can do is buy the Newegg and return it as brand new to Amazon if you're still within the 30 day return window.

Did that with my Nokia N8. I paid for the return shipping since it wasn't a defective product, but still saved me a lot of $$.

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,454 of 1,830
This player is really good for it's price. At first I thought volume was up to 100 mark and I needed around 90 to drive my earphones. Then I noticed it goes to 120.
Also the boot up time is much quicker than my Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back