Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Apr 24, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #827 of 1,830
Has anyone else had this issue:  radio-like noise/background interference when using a streaming app like Qobuz with IEMs while on variable output?

Have switched variable output off and the noise seems to have gone.

Apr 26, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #833 of 1,830
MQA! Nice! Will have to check them out.

Meanwhile the case I ordered from Japan arrived today, about a week earlier than expected. Fits great and looks okay but I still question the price payed for it.

May 2, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #836 of 1,830
Hi everyone, 
I'm considering between DP-X1 and 100R.
Anyone know that is the 100R's native player having the same quality with the 3rd party player (eg Tidal) as the DP-X1 did?
Thanks!

May 3, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #838 of 1,830
On The Pioneer I do not have any issue with Spotify or Tidal. Players installed no issue Poweramp, Neutron and Jet. The only issue with Tidal was the skipping once in a while but that is a known issue
I heard some news/rumors saying that the 3rd player/app is using the internal DAC of the cpu instead of the build in DAC? which mean 3rd party player/app will have poor sound quality than the native player?

May 3, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #839 of 1,830
For anyone insterested, below are pics of the XDP-100R without the top and bottom bumpers.

You can remove the screws using a Phillips PH00 or PH000 head screwdriver.

May 3, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #840 of 1,830
Just tested using n7player on the XDP-100R, and I can be pretty sure that the player is choosing the DAC on the Snapdragon chip instead of the separate ESS DAC & AMP chips. Sound quality was significantly reduced with a more distorted/grainy sound, will the overall sound appearing muddy and very closed in.

Using in built player vs n7player you can definitely hear a big difference.

Want to share in case anyone was wondering, I guess this maybe the same case if you tried this on the DP-X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back