Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Apr 3, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #796 of 1,830
I have two questions:

1. Anybody knows if artwork can be viewed differently, as in smaller, not wallpaper style?

2. Battery life on the box is quoted at 10 hours, but online manual says 15h for flac 24/192, any observation so far?

Thanks guys, i am loving this dap, i truly think its not just the best value, but best dap for me so far, thats for about the same money as ak silly junior ( sounds nice, but so flawed for a company like a&k, ridiculous stuff)

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #797 of 1,830
^
1. Other than dimming or turning off album art completely I'm not aware of any setting to change size. Would be a good option to have, tho'. I'd be tempted to make a suggestion to Pioneer about this. I've been using Rocket Player (you need Unlocker to play back FLAC/Lossless files) which has better options.

2.Pioneer actually states 16 hours but I'd say that's highly optimistic and takes into account utilizing Stand-alone Mode and minimal usage of the display. I haven't kept track of a listening cycle yet but should do so to see the result.

I agree the XDP is one of the best values for a high-res player with the features it offers.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #798 of 1,830
There's a new version of the X-DAP Link software available (V1.0.1).

Release notes are:

1. support for keyboard use of SHIFT and CTRL keys for multiple track selection, and right mouse click
  2. include revision history
  3. improved overall stability of file/folder transfer

UK/EU link here:

http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/uk/firmware_update/7411

EU users can select their specific country from the site drop-down list; other non-EU users should be able to find software at their respective Pioneer website. 

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #799 of 1,830
Apr 12, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #802 of 1,830
Hi! Is anyone here more familiar with FiiO's X7? I am interested in comparison of actual experience (not just testing), mobile use, that is IEM and Bluetooth (which, regret to say, is a crap at FiiO's device and above it has no aptx) mainly, no heavy cans. Pioneer drawn my attention and seems to be an interesting alternative.. Many thanks in advance!
Best,
SP

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #803 of 1,830
I've had both and I can say IMHO that the Pioneer destroys the FIIO in almost all aspects except battery life and output power. Granted the FIIO X7 that I had was defective out of the box, with horrible interference when using WiFi and horrible sounding audio over Bluetooth. Still, when I purchase a device I expect the basics to function properly...so while FIIO has acknowledged that some of  some units were faulty, I still have to take any issues into consideration when making an assessment on any product. The Pioneer was perfect out of the box, and ultimately I wound up returning the FIIO and keeping the Pioneer, and I've been happy with it ever since. I'm no sound expert, but both devices sound good using IEM's, however I prefer the smooth sound signature of the pioneer. There is no comparison in terms of bluetooth performance, the Pioneer is top notch.

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #809 of 1,830
^
I've been using Rocket Player as well as the default. I prefer the GUI of RP. I have not noticed a sound quality difference between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back