Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jan 11, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #543 of 1,830
Is it known whether the version of the XDP-100r sold in the US has the same volume limit as the European versions?

I don't know for a fact but I don't the US has regulations in that department and EU is the only region suffering those limitations based on what happened for the ZX2 and other DAPs.

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #547 of 1,830

The thing is, the XDP up-samples everything by default at 192Hkz, you need to disable the upsampling in the Music app (as the settings live there which doesn't make sense but...).

Disabling the upsampling would only affect the build in player and not the music streaming apps. It would still be upsampled when using streaming apps.

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #548 of 1,830
Disabling the upsampling would only affect the build in player and not the music streaming apps. It would still be upsampled when using streaming apps.

I beg to differ, at least when using USB audio it does work with Tidal the Mojo clearly displayed the right sampling rate after I changed the settings.
Now I don't know about the headphone out.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #549 of 1,830

I beg to differ, at least when using USB audio it does work with Tidal the Mojo clearly displayed the right sampling rate after I changed the settings.
Now I don't know about the headphone out.

It only upsamples when using Streaming services like Tidal on the Pioneer when connected to an external dac like the mojo.
This is an android issue and not Pioneer. If you know any different, please let us know?

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #550 of 1,830
It only upsamples when using Streaming services like Tidal on the Pioneer when connected to an external dac like the mojo.
This is an android issue and not Pioneer. If you know any different, please let us know?

I have returned the (EU) XDP-100 and waiting for a japanese DP-X1 and as it turns out my Mojo is out for repair so right now I can't replicate to confirm the steps but I remember adjusting settings (namely you need to tick off "DSP Function" to disaple upsampling) in the Music app and it changed the sample rate on the Mojo. When I restarted the Mojo to use with Tidal (which you need to do once you launched the Music app with Mojo plugged) it had the proper sampling rate.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #552 of 1,830
  It upsamples when streaming,and you have to turn off the music app to even connect to tidal,spotify and qobuz,
if you use uapp you should be able to connect to Tidal at its correct rate.

What is "app"? I am having real problems connecting to Qobuz? I can open the app, but when I try to play songs it just skips through them as if searching for the file. This is with and without Hugo, i.e. from headphone output. I have also not been able to prevent upsampling, even with music app closed and upsampling not selected (in music app)

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #555 of 1,830
  Not that I rate what they say much but What Hi-Fi have a review up:
http://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/xdp-100r/review

Lol, well that's a load of scallops isn't it. Just pretentious twaddle. The small flaw in these extremely precise and accurate and honest (<sarcasm>) reviews is that any microscopic nuance they're hearing can be coloured by any piece of equipment in the chain and even the angle they're holding their head, so if they can indeed hear these things then they could actually be applied to any of these environmental factors.  Swap out any of the equipment bar the product they're actually reviewing, change the enviornment they're listening in.... do they really think the chacertistics would be unchanged simply because it's the same product that's under the spotlight, and therefore how do they know that anything they're hearing is caused by that product or by one of the accompanying factors?  The other unbelievable thing is that people actually fall for this.

Would anyone really know what I mean if I say that "there is a sparkle to this that other products only hint at yet sometimes falling into the trap of an almost too-rounded performance at the top end when I would really be looking for a cheekier approach", or have I just made it all up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back