Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Dec 29, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #466 of 1,830
Has anyone successfully hooked this up to the mojo ? Either it won't connect at all, or suffers clicks in the sound. Very frustrating that it only has USB

I like the dap with my sem9 but it's a bummer I can't seem to get it to work with mojo as I had planned

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #467 of 1,830
Try with hiby music app. I have similar problems with Hugo, not sure if is hardware or software issue. I have a feeling it is something in OS about how USB is recognised and then activated for use by the music playing app. Have not had much time to test, but first listen with hiby seemed to work better, but there was still a wrinkle in getting the USB screen to load.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #468 of 1,830
Purely in the name of science, I hooked up my iBasso D-Zero mk2 (which never gets used...) and played it for a while before disconnecting it and trying again.  Worked flawlessly, no issues.  So it doesn't seem to be an inherent flaw with the OTG/stock music player.

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #469 of 1,830
Not sure if this has been done before, but today I ran some quick and dirty tests to see if 3rd party apps are able take full advantage of the Sabre DAC's abilities, recording several players output in line out mode via Audacity (like I said - quick and dirty).

To make a long story short - the results were rather diappointing, but see for yourself below.

Source file (Amy_Winehouse--Back_To_Black-WEB-FLAC-2006\01-amy_winehouse--rehab.flac; 24 bits/96KHz):
b8tf7o2m.png

Pioneer Music App:
nq44f3c2.png

3rd party apps:
txmczjd2.png

Note: While there were some MINOR differences in their respective freq graphs, ALL 3rd party apps (UAPP, Onkyo HF Player, GoneMAD Media Player, PlayerPro, Neutron etc.) exhibit the cut-off pictured above.

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #470 of 1,830
Many people said human can't hear beyond 20,000Hz. If it true the cut-off graph should not be a major problem?

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #471 of 1,830
Many people said human can't hear beyond 20,000Hz. If it true the cut-off graph should not be a major problem?

I think it is lesser of an issue on how far the FR extends, but the fact that the music has probably been re-sampled (*downsampled) by Android's internal audio driver instead of going directly to the DAC. Though truth being told, that's a very common issue with Android platform.

Dec 31, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #473 of 1,830
Has anyone successfully hooked this up to the mojo ? Either it won't connect at all, or suffers clicks in the sound. Very frustrating that it only has USB

I like the dap with my sem9 but it's a bummer I can't seem to get it to work with mojo as I had planned

I have no such issues with mine when hooked up to my Mojo

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #476 of 1,830
Just curious, but does the XDP-100R support audio output via. its micro USB port? As in, could I just use it as a source for my music and connect it to my CEntrance Mini-M8?

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #480 of 1,830
Can you get this to work for music apps other than stock music player. Sometimes I get a prompt to select USB device other times not. It seems very hit and miss.
Thx

to use a dac with other players and spotify and tidal etc,you have to keep it in phone mode.music player, hiby,onkyo player and uapp are all run on usb mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back