Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Dec 12, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #275 of 1,830
Does anyone have feedback on how loud this player is?

I have read a couple of reviews with one person saying it lacks headroom and another saying it's too loud.

I currently use the Nokia N91 which has it's own amp/DAC and it is more than powerful enough. I also have a Galaxy note 4 which is rooted and volume boosted but obviously the sound quality isn't as good as the Pioneer would be.

Thank you

Keith

Not loud when using my oppo pm3. With IEM like the 846 it's decent. I use my mojo with full size headphones.

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #277 of 1,830
Dec 12, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #279 of 1,830
How is the EQ on the Pioneer? Does it work with other apps like Spotify, or does it only affect the built-in player? I do like nice lows.

I wonder if it'll be a good cross-grade from the ZX2 just for the newer OS.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #281 of 1,830
Good review.

https://www.avforums.com/review/pioneer-xdp-100r-portable-audio-player-review.12131

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #282 of 1,830
To anyone who's now got one of these units, could you possibly answer a few questions about the built-in music player app and how it handles the file tags? I know that you might not be able to answer some of these unless your tags are set up appropriately.

1. Does it group by Track Artist or Album Artist? (or is there an option to choose?)

2. On the Artist menu, after selecting an artist does it then drill down into a list of abums by that artist or does it list individual tracks?

3. Assuming that a screen of albums is presented after seleccting an artist, are the albums shown in alphabetical order or in chronological order (by the Year tag)?

4. On the Genres menu, after selecting a Genre does it then drill down into individual tracks, or does it give you an Artists screen of that genre, then drill down into Albums by the Artist?

5. After selecting an Album, does it respect the Disc # tag and therefore arrange tracks by Disc # and Track Nbr for multi-volume sets, or does it just group all the Track 1s together, then the Track 2s?  If it respects the Disc # tag, is there any visual break or gap between the tracks of each disc?  (If you have your multi-disc sets tagged with different albums names rather than using the Disc # tag then they will appear as separate albums)

6. According to the User guide, there is a compilations menu. How does it recognise compilation albums?  e.g. "Various Artist" in Album Artist, the a Compilation or Mix Album tag, etc.

Also...

7. Is is possible to edit the current playing now list, e.g. remove tracks, move tracks, and when selecting an item for playing can you choose whether to add to the end of the queue or play as next?

Many thanks!

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #283 of 1,830
Just got this DAP and have a few concerns if anyone could help me out. Having only had chance to use it for 15 min I've found the player to be quite quiet. Using my Oppo pm3 and tidal, they were still quiet at full volume on the high gain setting. Using my sennheiser ie8s, I had to have the volume on 140/160 on the high gain setting. Has anyone else found this to be an issue and is it any different when using the stock pioneer music app? For me, The whole point of getting a DAP was so that I wouldn't have to use my phone plus a separate DAC/headphone amp so if there is no way to increase the volume I may have to send it back.

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #284 of 1,830
Just got this DAP and have a few concerns if anyone could help me out. Having only had chance to use it for 15 min I've found the player to be quite quiet. Using my Oppo pm3 and tidal, they were still quiet at full volume on the high gain setting. Using my sennheiser ie8s, I had to have the volume on 140/160 on the high gain setting. Has anyone else found this to be an issue and is it any different when using the stock pioneer music app? For me, The whole point of getting a DAP was so that I wouldn't have to use my phone plus a separate DAC/headphone amp so if there is no way to increase the volume I may have to send it back.

Why don't you try stock app with your headphones and see if it make a different?

Dec 15, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #285 of 1,830
Sorry, should have explained that my computer is currently out of action so I'm unable to transfer any music across to the player or to my sd card. That's why I'm just streaming at the moment and unable to use the stock app properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back