Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #2,071 of 2,535
Great! Waiting:)

NightOwls (with pleather pads) + custom UPOCC balanced cable + XDP300R + ACG mode + Jitter (one step from maxed) + Short Filter + Airplane Mode + Stand-alone Mode + Low Gain 2...

Insane levels of realism. Background is pitch black. Zero bleed. Non-fatiguing but manage to keep a high soundstage (width is average, a bit intimate). Vocals are dead center and take the main focus. Bass sits back and acts as support. Guitars sing along with the vocals. Treble is average and produces average amount of space and detail for the music. Basically how things should be. Nothing overly boosted. Very comfortable to listen to. What a combo!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #2,072 of 2,535
Hi,
I recently purchased a v30 but today i found an XDP-300R for a good price and am thinking of buying it. As i mostly use UAPP for online tidal, hifi subscription so mqa tracks too, i would like to ask what's your experience, any issues? How is mqa handled? V30 has builtin mqa hardware support. Yet amp section is integrated, not dedicated.
Also, has anyone tried Hifiman Re2000 with this DAP? Do they have a good match together? They should but who knows, with v30 i feel it is not the best even though they still sound very good. I am also thinking of later getting a balanced cable to raise the bar.
Thanks in advance.

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #2,073 of 2,535
Hi,
What does it means "E" displayed next to the title? Explicit lyrics?
Also noticed that Tidal Masters are now available!
tidal-comes-tv-apple-tv-android-tv-support

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #2,075 of 2,535
Yes.

Master support was added to the Android App recently, it does add another option for listening to MQA.

If you mean the official Tidal app, then it really depends on which Android device you are running it. It may decode MQA, but on many devices it would resample back to 44.1/48kHz and you cannot use a USB MQA renderer with it.

Jan 21, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #2,076 of 2,535
I've had my 300R for a couple weeks now and I'm trying to figure out how to improve the battery life. I really am only using this as a music player and don't need all of the full android capabilities, so I disabled almost all of the pre-installed apps. I brought it to work today but never had time to listen to it, so it sat on my desk for 7 or 8 hours. It wasn't playing music, no other apps were open, wifi and bluetooth were off, and the screen never turned on, but the battery drained 40%. I went into the Battery section of settings and all it says is 4% device idle, 3% Music, 3% Spotify, 1% Screen, 1% Android System, 1% Android OS. Any ideas on what's causing this insane battery drain? Or suggestions for how to fix it? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Jan 21, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #2,077 of 2,535
I've had my 300R for a couple weeks now and I'm trying to figure out how to improve the battery life. I really am only using this as a music player and don't need all of the full android capabilities, so I disabled almost all of the pre-installed apps. I brought it to work today but never had time to listen to it, so it sat on my desk for 7 or 8 hours. It wasn't playing music, no other apps were open, wifi and bluetooth were off, and the screen never turned on, but the battery drained 40%. I went into the Battery section of settings and all it says is 4% device idle, 3% Music, 3% Spotify, 1% Screen, 1% Android System, 1% Android OS. Any ideas on what's causing this insane battery drain? Or suggestions for how to fix it? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I was recently seeing unusually fast drain. Had to uninstall Spotify (no big loss for me) and it's back to only draining significantly when I listen to music. Search this thread for me, and you'll find some battery-drain data from awhile back--that's basically what I get now (after axing Spotify).

Jan 21, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #2,078 of 2,535
Check to see if Google Location Services is enabled. That's a big battery killer in the older android OSs

Jan 21, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #2,079 of 2,535

Try battery saving mode.

Jan 22, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #2,080 of 2,535
I was recently seeing unusually fast drain. Had to uninstall Spotify (no big loss for me) and it's back to only draining significantly when I listen to music. Search this thread for me, and you'll find some battery-drain data from awhile back--that's basically what I get now (after axing Spotify).

Check to see if Google Location Services is enabled. That's a big battery killer in the older android OSs

Try battery saving mode.

Thanks for the responses! I checked Location Services and that was turned off. I will try battery saving mode first to see if that helps, and if it doesn't, I'll try uninstalling Spotify (though I do use it quite often to check out new music). Any idea if battery saving mode affects playback at all, as far as quality goes?

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #2,082 of 2,535
Hi all

until recently have been using 300r just as a dap and sometimes as a transport connected to ifi xdsd via usb

somehow i was absolutely sure that 300r can be used as a dac and can output audio via analog out, thats why I took it this time instead of xdsd just to give it a try with my laptop on my trip but I can not figure it out how to do that, I think I made a mistake and it just cant be used in this way?

cheers

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #2,083 of 2,535
Hi all

until recently have been using 300r just as a dap and sometimes as a transport connected to ifi xdsd via usb

somehow i was absolutely sure that 300r can be used as a dac and can output audio via analog out, thats why I took it this time instead of xdsd just to give it a try with my laptop on my trip but I can not figure it out how to do that, I think I made a mistake and it just cant be used in this way?

cheers

Just turn on Fixed Line Out and have a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable and plug it into the amp audio input?

That’s what I do with my Magni 3 and O2 amps.

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #2,084 of 2,535
Hi all

cheers
I think you mean to use 300R as a DAC for your laptop
As far as I know, there is no such function on 300R
That's why I have upgraded to Sony's ZX300

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #2,085 of 2,535
Just turn on Fixed Line Out and have a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable and plug it into the amp audio input?

That’s what I do with my Magni 3 and O2 amps.

No, I meant to use it as an external dac, sending signal from laptop to it and after that via line out to amp

I think you mean to use 300R as a DAC for your laptop
As far as I know, there is no such function on 300R
That's why I have upgraded to Sony's ZX300

Yes, I mean exactly that

going to be pity if there is not a such function

Users who are viewing this thread

Back