Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
May 5, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #1,683 of 2,535
Are people using UAPP with balanced headphones? Because I find it to be pretty bad with my HD audio files. 70's rock music has vocal tracks that sound muted and the sound stage is totally unfocused. To my ears, balanced headphones sound way better with the default player than UAPP.

May 5, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #1,684 of 2,535
Have been using balanced in ears with uapp, sounds great on my end, better than the built-in app But I listen to a lot of acoustic jazz ..

May 5, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #1,685 of 2,535
Have been using balanced in ears with uapp, sounds great on my end, better than the built-in app But I listen to a lot of acoustic jazz ..

Am I right in assuming that the sound adjustments only affect the built-in player? What settings are you using for these:
  • DSP function
  • Lock Range Adjust
  • Digital filter
  • Upsampling Mode
  • Club Sound Boost
Are you making any sound/quality adjustments to UAPP? What is the sampling rate of the files you are playing?

I actually found on HD files that certain settings could cause pops and skips while using balanced headphones. I guess the manual actually warns about this possibility...

May 5, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #1,686 of 2,535
Guess I'm lucky, I listen to WAV (lots of great ECM recordings I've got in WAV), uncompressed FLAC (often ripped from my cd's), and various hi rez formats. Don't upsample, don't use DSP, haven't played with the filters, just a plug and play guy (too busy/lazy to spend a lot of time in settings unless I'm forced to).

May 6, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #1,687 of 2,535
Am I right in assuming that the sound adjustments only affect the built-in player? What settings are you using for these:
  • DSP function
  • Lock Range Adjust
  • Digital filter
  • Upsampling Mode
  • Club Sound Boost
Are you making any sound/quality adjustments to UAPP? What is the sampling rate of the files you are playing?

I actually found on HD files that certain settings could cause pops and skips while using balanced headphones. I guess the manual actually warns about this possibility...
I use balanced headphones and Uapp.

Lock Range Normal
Digital Filter Sharp
Club Sound Off
Upsample Off

Bit Perfect when possible

May 14, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #1,694 of 2,535
wow! what a detailed series of reports. makes your head spin.

i did figure out enough of it to see that my sennheiser 6xx's are good for using with the player in environments where noise bleed doesn't matter.

but then again, there's like 200 other headphones on that list which means their results were pretty scatter-gun. or thorough i guess, being charitable. :)

/guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back