Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #1,486 of 2,535
Just curious... what iem’s are you guys using with the 300r? I am looking to buy a new one. Hopefully an upgrade from the pioneer se-ch9t. I listen to all types of music except heavy metal/ heavy rock. I like neutral sound with a bit of “thud” with the bass. Any recommendations? Ideally below $300 and with detachable cable?

Feb 16, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #1,487 of 2,535
I’m currently using it with Brainwavz b400’s. With the balanced cable.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #1,488 of 2,535
Just curious... what iem’s are you guys using with the 300r? I am looking to buy a new one. Hopefully an upgrade from the pioneer se-ch9t. I listen to all types of music except heavy metal/ heavy rock. I like neutral sound with a bit of “thud” with the bass. Any recommendations? Ideally below $300 and with detachable cable?
I'm using the FiiO F9 Hybrid 3-way balanced In-ear Monitors, and I love them. The cable feels a bit thin and plasticky, but it came with a 2.5mm and 3.5mm one and I've been using the former to great effect. They cost me just over £100 and I'm very happy with them.

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #1,489 of 2,535
I spent some time this week measuring idle battery drain. During the tests, the player was sitting on my desk at work, intermittently connecting via wifi to look for podcasts, Bluetooth off, screen off except for quick checks of battery percentage at ~half hour intervals. I checked drain from fully-charged, from half-charged, and from 1/3 charged. Longest test was 8 hours.

Drain rate was between 1.4 and 1.9% per hour. Drain rate was relatively consistent and linear, regardless of initial charge level.

Just FYI.

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #1,492 of 2,535

Not below 300$ but I really love the pairing of qdc anoleV6 to my 300r, tweakable to 4 sound sigs

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #1,493 of 2,535
Hi friends. Just got this player and chucked in some flacs, paired with with 1mkre triple driver. Listening for the very first time. Track is so I wanna know by artic monkeys. I went all the way up to volume level 150, however it seems that it is still not too high. I believe 200 is the max and when I go up to 200, I’d imagine that it would be hard to bear but nothing like that. Am I missing something here? And no I’m not found deaf. thanks for help.

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,494 of 2,535
Hi friends. Just got this player and chucked in some flacs, paired with with 1mkre triple driver. Listening for the very first time. Track is so I wanna know by artic monkeys. I went all the way up to volume level 150, however it seems that it is still not too high. I believe 200 is the max and when I go up to 200, I’d imagine that it would be hard to bear but nothing like that. Am I missing something here? And no I’m not found deaf. thanks for help.
1. Turn on Variable Line Out in System Setting - Sound & Notification, if the option is there
(skip this if the option wasn't there)
(try the volume before trying next step)

2. In System Setting - Sound & Notification, try a higher gain setting

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #1,495 of 2,535
Thanks mate, high gain indeed makes a difference. By the way, there is only a “fixed line out” option which was turned off and I believe that amounts to same suggestion as yours. What setting do you find yourself listening to with a low impedance iem? Cheers.

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #1,496 of 2,535
Thanks mate, high gain indeed makes a difference. By the way, there is only a “fixed line out” option which was turned off and I believe that amounts to same suggestion as yours. What setting do you find yourself listening to with a low impedance iem? Cheers.
Normal Gain, 110-115

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #1,497 of 2,535
Normal Gain, 110-115
Cheers mate. I think 1more triple drivers have also opened up a bit. Or my ears were a bit blocked from the long flight I had.

Overall I like the sound quality, however definitely not the net tavel companion. Battery life in this is just terrible. I’m getting 5 hours. I need to buy a secondary player like plenue d or something.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #1,498 of 2,535
Well, battery life is an issue when it comes to DAPs like the ones we are talking about here.

I personally think that ca. 15h of playback, let it even be 11-12 with WiFi on, is still pretty decent.

You just need to keep in mind to charge it up a bit from time to time, or have it USB connected to your workstation (at your work for example).

If I remember correctly, Sony Walkman's always stood out when it comes to battery life, especially the NW-ZX2.

I think it is today a standard compromise, to have a device with good components or with a good battery life.

I don’t know how people like yourself are getting 12ish hours of battery life. I am getting max 6-7 hours WiFi off, listening to flacs. I’d be super happy with 10 hours and not even consider of getting a secondary dap like cowon plenue d with a decent battery life to enjoy it during vacations that require mobility, which I’m considering right now btw.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #1,499 of 2,535
I think it is today a standard compromise, to have a device with good components or with a good battery life.
Disagree here. Get ZX100 if you are not into balanced output, else get the zx300.
Both are within 600USD. If budget is not a problem, go for the WM1Z

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #1,500 of 2,535
2kdBKSa.png

For me, I feel that the battery life on 300R is pretty satisfactory as an Android device
3 hours screen on time and good deep sleep (less than 2% drain per hour) when the screen is off/not playing music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back