Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Apr 23, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #842 of 2,535
OK, disabled whatever I thought wasn't important, uninstalled Neutron and poweramp, hopefully I'll see better battery life. Thanks.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #843 of 2,535
OK, disabled whatever I thought wasn't important, uninstalled Neutron and poweramp, hopefully I'll see better battery life. Thanks.

Battery life improved for me after a few charges. Out of the box it was really bad. Disabling wifi or using airplane mode is essential even if it is not actually connected to a wifi network at the time (unless you want to stream of course). I tried disabling apps by I didn't notice any difference if wifi was already off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #844 of 2,535
Multiple charges hasn't changed it much. It seems to die faster than my HTC10 (which seems to me to run down really quickly), with less to do than the phone. I have used airplane mode off and on (when I remember). I disabled most apps, not sure yet if it made a difference.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #845 of 2,535
Well, it should be running for 6-8 hours in balanced mode (BAL, not ACG) with 16/44 flac files and 2 times more in SE. Is it not enough?
My DAC Amp lives for 3 hours only ))

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #846 of 2,535
So pioneer replied saying a replacement needs to be done by the retailer. Having received this from Japan this could be difficult. What an atrocious approach to customer support.

That's rough, especially sending it back to Japan. I've had my DP-X1 replaced by ONKYO twice before for the 3.5mm jack getting too loose to hold the jacks. Both times it was actually a painless experience (Only possible IF purchased though a authorized US distributor though). When I contacted customer support, they asked for proof of purchase from authorized dealer and serial number of unit, they told me to ship the device back (which wasn't all that expensive as it fits in a small USPS Priority mail flat rate box without the original package.) After receiving my unit, they would send me a brand new one from the latest batch. 

I guess the catch is you have to make sure you get the unit that from the region, and from an authorized dealer. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #847 of 2,535
That's rough, especially sending it back to Japan. I've had my DP-X1 replaced by ONKYO twice before for the 3.5mm jack getting too loose to hold the jacks. Both times it was actually a painless experience (Only possible IF purchased though a authorized US distributor though). When I contacted customer support, they asked for proof of purchase from authorized dealer and serial number of unit, they told me to ship the device back (which wasn't all that expensive as it fits in a small USPS Priority mail flat rate box without the original package.) After receiving my unit, they would send me a brand new one from the latest batch. 

I guess the catch is you have to make sure you get the unit that from the region, and from an authorized dealer. 

I bought it from Amazon, albeit Amazon.jp but they're still an authorised seller. Pioneer didn't want to entertain me and said it needs to be sent back to the retailer. My point was it was bought abroad, regardless of the medium in this day and age it shouldn't matter, what if I bought it when travelling, they expect me to travel back to return it. Buyee didn't want to know either so I'm stuck with it. I might try emailing Pioneer Japan as a last resort but I see that going the same way. A valuable lesson learnt!

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #848 of 2,535
*False alarm*.. IOS Update only

New Tidal update 25th April
Bug fixes only for android ( ios gets new gui... Grrrrrr)

However, skipping/glitches on tidal offline saved to sd card, seem to have been fixed with this update.
Currently 1 whole album down and not one isse , where there are usually three or four per track

Will keep listening this afternoon.. But looking good !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #849 of 2,535

However, skipping/glitches on tidal offline saved to sd card, seem to have been fixed with this update.
Currently 1 whole album down and not one isse , where there are usually three or four per track

Can you please check you Tidal version? Mine is 1.15.2.695.2, is this an old version?

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #850 of 2,535
Hi all, new to this forum - hopefully someone can assist.  Looking forward to contributing where I can  Having one very annoying issue with the 300r and wondering if anyone one else is having a similar problemo.  Recently bought a balanced cable for my pair of Sennheiser HD650s and sounds great on the 300r.
Once a day the device will beep once, freeze with an unresponsive blank screen.  I then have to hold the power button to 'reboot'.  if I immediately start playing music, the same issue will occur straight away unless I then perform a clean 'power off'.  Once a 'clean' reboot is performed all is well agaIn. This will only happen when using the 2.5 mm balanced output. I have not encountered this issue in unbalanced mode.  Other things I have noticed are
- this issue will occur if left in standby overnight and when i then come to play music straight away.  I guess I could perform a 'clean' reboot every morning but that would drive me insane
- changing volume levels seems to trigger this behaviour
- I have never noticed the DAP perform the annoying auto lower volume function whilst running in balanced mode succesfully - could this be the cause or related?  This 'feature'  works fine in unbalanced mode.  I think the auto volume feature kicks in after a few hours if outpuuting above volume levler 130.  i will try playing music below this threshold to see if the issue still occurs

I have logged a ticket on the EU support portal on the Pioneer website but am not holding out any hope here

Thanks Guys

Jin

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #851 of 2,535

Can you please check you Tidal version? Mine is 1.15.2.695.2, is this an old version?

Dammit.. Youre correct.. Its still the march release..
I had notification of an update.. But its showing the same ver no as you have quoted.

However glitches are curiously absent

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #852 of 2,535
Dammit.. Youre correct.. Its still the march release..
I had notification of an update.. But its showing the same ver no as you have quoted.

However glitches are curiously absent

Well, anyway I did not check how it works since that time. I just tried to save one track to the micro sd card and had no issue with its playback.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #853 of 2,535
Hi all, new to this forum - hopefully someone can assist. Looking forward to contributing where I can Having one very annoying issue with the 300r and wondering if anyone one else is having a similar problemo. Recently bought a balanced cable for my pair of Sennheiser HD650s and sounds great on the 300r.
Once a day the device will beep once, freeze with an unresponsive blank screen. I then have to hold the power button to 'reboot'. if I immediately start playing music, the same issue will occur straight away unless I then perform a clean 'power off'. Once a 'clean' reboot is performed all is well agaIn. This will only happen when using the 2.5 mm balanced output. I have not encountered this issue in unbalanced mode. Other things I have noticed are
- this issue will occur if left in standby overnight and when i then come to play music straight away. I guess I could perform a 'clean' reboot every morning but that would drive me insane
- changing volume levels seems to trigger this behaviour
- I have never noticed the DAP perform the annoying auto lower volume function whilst running in balanced mode succesfully - could this be the cause or related? This 'feature' works fine in unbalanced mode. I think the auto volume feature kicks in after a few hours if outpuuting above volume levler 130. i will try playing music below this threshold to see if the issue still occurs

I have logged a ticket on the EU support portal on the Pioneer website but am not holding out any hope here

Thanks Guys

Jin
Done some more troubleshooting and wondering if anyone having the same issue as me. Actually happening on unbalanced and balanced outputs and have narrowed this down to when wifi streaming with the Tidal App. I actually reset my device to defaults and now the Tidal App cannot be installed via the Google Play store. Apparently the app is now not supported on the 300r since the latest round of updates. Anyone else got this issue? Tried UAPP with my Tidal credentials and this will work but again will kill my device. other streaming apps have no issues and playing off my local NAS is fine. Have logged a ticket with Tidal. Fingers crossed. I was just about to send the 300r back to Richer Sounds but think this is a Tidal issue.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #854 of 2,535
Haven't had these issues-got a Surf Cable adaptor so I could use my balanced cables that I have for my Pono, seems to work OK. I did get TIDAL from the Play store, haven't used it too much, but when I did it worked without any issues.

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #855 of 2,535
So, I hadn't tried the Bluetooth in the car up until now. I
Have a 6 month old Honda Accord which had paired fine with Bluetooth using my HTC10 and my wife and daughter's iPhones. I generally have lots to listen to and haven't tried pairing my Pioneer until today, but I had a 3 hour drive and ran out of stuff, and thought I'd try the Pioneer (the Honda oddly doesn't have a wired auxiliary input). Anyway, the Pioneer wouldn't pair. The Pioneer recognized the car, but the car didn't "see" the DAP, and eventually said it must not be compatible. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back