Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Feb 2, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #602 of 2,535
  Amazon.co.uk has just listed the XDP-UAP300B case, not yet in stock, £39,99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-Official-XDP-300R-Digital-Player/dp/B01N39QA6K/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

Harrow Audio has it in stock: £45.00

http://www.harrowaudiohifi.co.uk/pioneer-xdp-300r-leather-case

You might think that it can't be long before the rest of Europe will have it in stock as well

I ordered one from Stone Audio Dorset, their price is £39.99. Its showing as in stock, but the website says all in stock items ship on the same day if ordered before 2pm, so my guess is it isn't really in stock after all.

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #603 of 2,535
Where is the cheapest offer now? Does it store the Tidal offline content? Any problems with online tidal streaming? Anybody can suggest how it might pair with the HD800 with the pure silver balanced litz cable? Might too bright, I'm affraid... Thanks in advance.

Stores Tidal offline content perfectly fine for me so far, have about 4hrs of song saved as offline. As for Tidal streaming working just as it were on my Sony Xperia Z5. The app does seldomly shut down every once in a while but since it happens both on my Z5 and the 300R, I'll assume it's a Tidal app glitch.

Feb 5, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #605 of 2,535
Coming from a FiiO X3 II, the screen is so much better. It's a HD (720P) screen so it's looking fine. As far as I can tell it's glass but as a precaution I placed a hybrid (plastic/glass) screen protector on it from Atfolix (Amazon).
The screen is right under the top-layer so don't press to hard (it's a touch-screen
wink.gif
) or else you'll get the oily rings effect and you could damage your screen. Also a reason to get a protector.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #607 of 2,535
What type of battery life is everyone getting on their XDP-300Rs? Mine dies fairly frequently. I think it's because Google Apps keep pushing new updates to the phone. I should find a way to turn all of these off... I have my smartphone for this!

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #608 of 2,535
What type of battery life is everyone getting on their XDP-300Rs? Mine dies fairly frequently. I think it's because Google Apps keep pushing new updates to the phone. I should find a way to turn all of these off... I have my smartphone for this!

Always have mine in aeroplane mode except maybe update once every week, battery last for approx 2 days for daily commute use(4 hours) a day

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #610 of 2,535
I did not do extensive testing. Mine is at 87% right now and Android predicts 13 hours of use. Realistic I expect about 10 hours of use.
All unnecessary apps are disabled, WiFi off listening to the music of my mSD-card.

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #611 of 2,535
Can someone comment on the quality of the screen? I saw people complain about the screen being plastic for the xdp100r, did they change it for the 300r?

The screen appears to have the same quality of a modern smartphone in terms of the way it feels. I can't comment on it's durability yet as I've only had the player for a few weeks. Viewing angles on the other hand are not as good as something you would find on a higher end smartphone. Colors quickly fade when not viewing directly.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #613 of 2,535
What digi filter setting are you guys using?

Sharp, which I believe is the default.

Tried the other 2 and did not hear too much difference, so just stuck with the default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back