Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 9, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #271 of 2,535
  I agree, price is really tempting.
What is holding me back:
* Android re-sampling stuff, which FiiO claims to have by-passed
On the other hand, if the Pioneer/Onkyo app suffices it's no issue.
* Output power, although it probably would be sufficiënt anyway
* Warranty / after-sales, not very positive reading old threads

But I still keep thinking about it. 
biggrin.gif

The standard player that comes with the XDP-300R seems to be OK indeed, and you can always revert to USB Audio Player Pro or Hiby Music if you don't like the stock player, these will bypass the android re-sampling for sure.
I had (still have a little)  my doubts on the raised quality issues as well, but afaik these were mainly related to the headphone jack, and it seems that this is solved now, but I do understand were you are coming from.
On the other hand: other brands have their issues as well, and considering the current price vs. the specs there is hardly any competition.
I just got tired of thinking 
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #272 of 2,535
OTG does work (earlier in the thread someone tried a hard drive) but why would you want or need another DAC when you have this DAP as-is?

For mobile use, I'd use it as is, but for desktop use at work I'd like to use my external dac/amp that will now stay at my desk. Silly me though, I did a search and read through the first few pages of the results, but didn't bother checking the OP which does state it outputs digital audio through micro usb... Also went ahead and purchased it through Amazon Japan to ship to Canada. Came out to about $430 CAD shipped including import/duty fees. Considering Onkyo DP-X1 sells for $750-800 CAD here, I couldn't pass this up...

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #273 of 2,535
For mobile use, I'd use it as is, but for desktop use at work I'd like to use my external dac/amp that will now stay at my desk. Silly me though, I did a search and read through the first few pages of the results, but didn't bother checking the OP which does state it outputs digital audio through micro usb... Also went ahead and purchased it through Amazon Japan to ship to Canada. Came out to about $430 CAD shipped including import/duty fees. Considering Onkyo DP-X1 sells for $750-800 CAD here, I couldn't pass this up...

My thoughts exactly! I can't wait to try Balanced mode with the 2.5mm jack.

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #274 of 2,535
  The standard player that comes with the XDP-300R seems to be OK indeed, and you can always revert to USB Audio Player Pro or Hiby Music if you don't like the stock player, these will bypass the android re-sampling for sure.
I had (still have a little)  my doubts on the raised quality issues as well, but afaik these were mainly related to the headphone jack, and it seems that this is solved now, but I do understand were you are coming from.
On the other hand: other brands have their issues as well, and considering the current price vs. the specs there is hardly any competition.
I just got tired of thinking 
confused_face_2.gif

Well thanks, I just clicked the buy button. Damn, monday weakness.
Weird thing is that I now got a "Price decrease" mention in my cart.
Grand Total: 
EUR 355,15​

That's amazing 
eek.gif

Now I'm all hyped up 
L3000.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #276 of 2,535

That's a good price I wish they were shipping to the uk

They don't? Weird as they do to The Netherlands.

@SubSTI
I've also e-mailed Wifimedia to ask if they can order the official accessories.
Could be cheaper than importing them from Japan.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #279 of 2,535

I created a new account with Amazon JP and entered my address in Canada (Toronto) but I am getting the message: This seller for the item you selected does not deliver to your selected location.  Any ideas why?

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #280 of 2,535

I created a new account with Amazon JP and entered my address in Canada (Toronto) but I am getting the message: This seller for the item you selected does not deliver to your selected location.  Any ideas why?

Buy from amazon, not from 3rd party sellers. I posted instructions in the last page

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #283 of 2,535
  Thanks, please keep us informed, still not much owners here unfortunately, mine is coming in 2/3 weeks.....
What Android version are you now on?
I am a sucker for sweeping VU needles, spectrum analyzers and such, does it have something like this?

Watch Amazon for the Sandisk 200GB cards, occasionally these are offered at $ 60,-

Gave it another run--looks like the graphic equalizer is something that you'd really enjoy!

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #284 of 2,535
  Well thanks, I just clicked the buy button. Damn, monday weakness.
Weird thing is that I now got a "Price decrease" mention in my cart.
Grand Total: 
EUR 355,15​

That's amazing 
eek.gif

Now I'm all hyped up 
L3000.gif

Haha, you started it.
And thanks for the tip. Cancelled and reordered. Really unbelievable these price differences...You can by 2 from Amazon Japan for the price of 1 in Europe, and still have € 90 left to spare on a nice Trinity Phantom Master.
wink_face.gif

They don't? Weird as they do to The Netherlands.

@SubSTI
I've also e-mailed Wifimedia to ask if they can order the official accessories.
Could be cheaper than importing them from Japan.

Good call, I will keep checking Ebay and the European Amazon sites and resellers, maybe we get lucky and find a decent case which won't break the bank.

Gave it another run--looks like the graphic equalizer is something that you'd really enjoy!

Thanks, can't wait to get my hands on it! And please keep the observations coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back