Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jun 9, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #903 of 2,532
Stores Tidal offline content perfectly fine for me so far, have about 4hrs of song saved as offline. As for Tidal streaming working just as it were on my Sony Xperia Z5. The app does seldomly shut down every once in a while but since it happens both on my Z5 and the 300R, I'll assume it's a Tidal app glitch.

Hi are you storing your Tidal offline tracks on sd or internal?

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #904 of 2,532
I'm in the market for a DAP for my campfire audio orions. I'm having trouble deciding between this or the onkyo dp-x1a. I'm wondering how the two differ in their sound signatures. I heard these are V-shaped while the onkyo dap is neutral. How significantly do they differ?

Jun 15, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #906 of 2,532
Having a bit more success, JRiver sends stuff over to the Pioneer SOMETIMES, sometimes it tell me there is no room on the cards (even though they are not 1/4 filled). Tagging is hit and miss, have to go back and fix stuff often. And Poweramp seems better able to integrate music as I add it then Neutron.
Nice toy to play with...

Not sure if you ever got this tamed Doc, but couldn't you just use a card reader with your puter to just load the cards then insert them into the player? Just a suggestion. May be worth a try???

Jun 22, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #909 of 2,532
Is it worth getting the 300R when using the USB output to use on a car stereo (USB) using Spotify? The 300R's DAC's would get bypassed, right? Would it still sound better than a Galaxy phone for example?
If you are bypassing the dacs then no it would not sound any different than the galaxy phone or any other device hooked up via usb. It would just be a storage device and up to the files on that device.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #911 of 2,532
Not sure if you ever got this tamed Doc, but couldn't you just use a card reader with your puter to just load the cards then insert them into the player? Just a suggestion. May be worth a try???

Just noticed this reply (the new Head Fi seems not to send me notices of threads I'm interested in reliably...). The cards seem to work better now (for no reason I can figure out). It is still odd in that the Pioneer and SD cards don't seem to "mount" on my Windows10 PC; that is, I see them in the file explorer, but not in the drives that need ejecting when I want to disconnect (every other DAP I've used has always needed to be ejected). Not major, just interesting.
Current problems with this player:
1)can't get the Bluetooth to connect to the car stereo in my 2017 Honda Accord (tells me it's not compatible). Kind of sad, as the car has eliminated the wired "aux" connection (the dealer tells me some cars are eliminating the CD player, as most people listen streaming from their phones. Man...). I just use my HTC10/TIDAL when I want to stream music, or, mostly, the WFMU app from the phone to listen, as I just love that station, especially the internet-only "Give The Drummer Some" stream. Great shows there, listen to it much.
2)I have Neutron and Poweramp installed from the Play store. I don't really use Poweramp, should uninstall it, but doesn't seem to make trouble either, so I just leave it on for now. I do prefer Neutron; I think it sounds better, and I like being able to have a "random play" option when I walk my dog (sometimes it's how I find "new" music that I have purchased but haven't gotten to listen to yet :) ). The problem is that the included, stock music player seems to default, and start up on its own when I turn the player on, often at quite a loud volume. This is particularly unpleasant when I have my headphones already in my ears (it takes a bit of time for the player to boot up), as I often get blasted loudly and painfully.
3)Still find the battery to drain...if I'm not using it, but don't shut it after use, it's dead in no time. I try to keep wifi, Bluetooth, and other extraneous stuff off unless needed.
I do like the player, though, good sounding, different take than the Pono that has been my go to up until now.

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #912 of 2,532
Just noticed this reply (the new Head Fi seems not to send me notices of threads I'm interested in reliably...). The cards seem to work better now (for no reason I can figure out). It is still odd in that the Pioneer and SD cards don't seem to "mount" on my Windows10 PC; that is, I see them in the file explorer, but not in the drives that need ejecting when I want to disconnect (every other DAP I've used has always needed to be ejected). Not major, just interesting.
Current problems with this player:
1)can't get the Bluetooth to connect to the car stereo in my 2017 Honda Accord (tells me it's not compatible). Kind of sad, as the car has eliminated the wired "aux" connection (the dealer tells me some cars are eliminating the CD player, as most people listen streaming from their phones. Man...). I just use my HTC10/TIDAL when I want to stream music, or, mostly, the WFMU app from the phone to listen, as I just love that station, especially the internet-only "Give The Drummer Some" stream. Great shows there, listen to it much.
2)I have Neutron and Poweramp installed from the Play store. I don't really use Poweramp, should uninstall it, but doesn't seem to make trouble either, so I just leave it on for now. I do prefer Neutron; I think it sounds better, and I like being able to have a "random play" option when I walk my dog (sometimes it's how I find "new" music that I have purchased but haven't gotten to listen to yet :) ). The problem is that the included, stock music player seems to default, and start up on its own when I turn the player on, often at quite a loud volume. This is particularly unpleasant when I have my headphones already in my ears (it takes a bit of time for the player to boot up), as I often get blasted loudly and painfully.
3)Still find the battery to drain...if I'm not using it, but don't shut it after use, it's dead in no time. I try to keep wifi, Bluetooth, and other extraneous stuff off unless needed.
I do like the player, though, good sounding, different take than the Pono that has been my go to up until now.
I think I'm right in saying that someone mentioned disabling googles location services in the settings helped with battery life quite a bit.

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #913 of 2,532
OK, I'll try it when I get home.

Jul 5, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #915 of 2,532
I disabled any non-audio-related software and switched off location services. I never switch off the device and let it lay around for days without noticing much of a battery drain.

That's one of the first things I'm going to do when mine arrives today. Delete / disable anything that is unrelated to music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back