Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Mar 8, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #738 of 2,535

I believe there isn't.
The wifi only allows streaming from a music server and tunein service. http://tunein.com/

Thanks. That is unfortunate. I quite like the idea of smaller and simplier (non-Android) player as the more sophisticated the more troubled (resampling etc.). However, I will always demand Tidal support..

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #739 of 2,535
Does anyone know how to disable this Alarm pop-up window?

It sits on the Volume knob and sometimes when you want to adjust the volume of the player you get this window pops up and you adjust the alarm instead.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #745 of 2,535
Hey everyone, longtime reader, but I just signed up for an account to talk about the XDP-300R with respect to warranty.  I'm not sure that this is the norm, so it is why I felt compelled to bring it up.  The XDP-300R comes with an exchange warranty from Pioneer.  Onkyo may treat their product the same way.  I learned of this because my two month old device slid off my desk and onto my tile floor yesterday.  Physical damage voids the warranty, which is expected with electronics, and nearly anything it seems these days.  I would be more than happy to buy a screen and replace it, but Pioneer does not allow this.  You cannot even buy the screen from them.

So now I am here with a somewhat functioning, albeit "sharper" screen, multimedia device.  Looks like I will be significantly upgrading the audio in my car and throwing this in the glovebox.

As I said, I'm new to higher end audio devices, and I don't know if this is the norm, but product support is really weak, so cases are hard to come by and parts are non-existent, per Pioneer.

Keep up the great work, love this site, and the information sharing.

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #746 of 2,535
  Hey everyone, longtime reader, but I just signed up for an account to talk about the XDP-300R with respect to warranty.  I'm not sure that this is the norm, so it is why I felt compelled to bring it up.  The XDP-300R comes with an exchange warranty from Pioneer.  Onkyo may treat their product the same way.  I learned of this because my two month old device slid off my desk and onto my tile floor yesterday.  Physical damage voids the warranty, which is expected with electronics, and nearly anything it seems these days.  I would be more than happy to buy a screen and replace it, but Pioneer does not allow this.  You cannot even buy the screen from them.

So now I am here with a somewhat functioning, albeit "sharper" screen, multimedia device.  Looks like I will be significantly upgrading the audio in my car and throwing this in the glovebox.

As I said, I'm new to higher end audio devices, and I don't know if this is the norm, but product support is really weak, so cases are hard to come by and parts are non-existent, per Pioneer.

Keep up the great work, love this site, and the information sharing.

Hi, Welcome to Head-Fi. Do you have access to any contents insurance that may cover the player for accidental damage and theft whilst out of the house too.

Do you know how much Pioneer charges to repair a dropped unit?

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #747 of 2,535
  What happens if you rotate the volume wheel if nothing is playing?

Then the notify pop-up does appear, not sure why I never noticed before. 
redface.gif

If I find a way to disable it I will post an update here.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #748 of 2,535
  Hi, Welcome to Head-Fi. Do you have access to any contents insurance that may cover the player for accidental damage and theft whilst out of the house too.

Do you know how much Pioneer charges to repair a dropped unit?

Hey Steve, Pioneer will not repair it.  I asked for the screen cost or for a repair cost and they simply said there is nothing I can do.  As for your question on insurance, I don't really know what you mean. I'm sorry could you expand on contents insurance?

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #749 of 2,535
  Hey Steve, Pioneer will not repair it.  I asked for the screen cost or for a repair cost and they simply said there is nothing I can do.  As for your question on insurance, I don't really know what you mean. I'm sorry could you expand on contents insurance?

That's not good, perhaps I should have waited for the Fiio X5 iii, I'm sure Fiio has better customer service.

By contents insurance I mean home contents insurance, in the UK some will cover items whilst in and out of the home for theft or accidental damage.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #750 of 2,535
  That's not good, perhaps I should have waited for the Fiio X5 iii, I'm sure Fiio has better customer service.

By contents insurance I mean home contents insurance, in the UK some will cover items whilst in and out of the home for theft or accidental damage.

Ah ok, no i didn't have anything like that for it.  My advice is to spend the 50-80 or so on a case for the pioneer from Japan amazon to protect it.  I'm hoping others may weigh in and say whether or not this is typical of manufacturers with respect to warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back