Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Dec 9, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #331 of 530
I'll be waiting for his thoughts on them. He's got a lot of "for science" purchases. That's helpful for those who aren't ready to gamble on a blind buy or don't have much to spend. Thanks for your thoughts too, @jant71. :thumbsup:

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #332 of 530
I feel the same way about the CH9T in general. Once I got to try the IT01, I felt that the CH9T lacked body in the mids and treble. The bass is still enough for me that's why I got quite overwhelmed by the IT01's bass. I would like to suggest the IT03 but some find it brighter than their preferred signature. But the bass texture and quantity is there. Though the mids are not forward as in the CH9T or IT01, a bit more neutral. You should probably check out other multi-BA IEMs or some new hybrids just to make sure you get enough body down low while having the sparkle that you seek.

You're right. When buyed Audio-Technica CKS77X, RHA MA750i and the Pioneer, I did aways begin looking at multiple driver units, but someway felt like budget friendly models were not as good as single driver ones (better assented some years ago) at same range price (100€ max).
I tried with JVC HA-FXT90, but they are far from what I expected and only use them for comparisons from time to time.

Now that years have passed and can afford a more expensive model, maybe I can try something like LZ-A4. The tunnable options give me some sort of extra security on the choice.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #333 of 530
You're right. When buyed Audio-Technica CKS77X, RHA MA750i and the Pioneer, I did aways begin looking at multiple driver units, but someway felt like budget friendly models were not as good as single driver ones (better assented some years ago) at same range price (100€ max).
I tried with JVC HA-FXT90, but they are far from what I expected and only use them for comparisons from time to time.

Now that years have passed and can afford a more expensive model, maybe I can try something like LZ-A4. The tunnable options give me some sort of extra security on the choice.

I have seen reviews around here and some friends also told me that the IT03 still edges the LZ-A4, the Oriveti New Primacy, and even the FLC8s. You might want to check some reviews before pulling the trigger.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #334 of 530
I have seen reviews around here and some friends also told me that the IT03 still edges the LZ-A4, the Oriveti New Primacy, and even the FLC8s. You might want to check some reviews before pulling the trigger.

Good point. I've been reading and reading reviews and, finally, I think that will try LZ ones (149,65€ on Aliexpress). Need to think a bit more, but IT03 are near 100€ more expensive and don't think the difference (in case they sound better to me) compensates the effort.

Thank you very much for your opinions :)

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #335 of 530
Finally ordered LZ-A4 but, seriously, I'm beginning to think that hardly will be more enjoyable than CH9T. I was surprised by the sound when first listened to them but, each passing day, as I try different music genres, I'm more in love with them and "their music". Best spent 86€.

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #338 of 530
I very much recommend trying this cable:

http://s.aliexpress.com/fA36fIry

Improvement in HF, soundstage and detail is quite tangible and pleasant.

I cut out memory wires, the cable is softer and thinner compared to stock and gives more comfortable fit too.

Thanks for the URL. Do you know if the cable is silver, silver-plated, or just has a "silver-colored" insulator.

Never mind. I didn't read the listing carefully. They're silver-plated.

Dec 18, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #341 of 530
This will die with me. There're songs that simply sound magic. Of course that there must be better IEMs (still waiting for LZ's A4 to arrive), but listened to a lot of different music genres and bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Iron Maiden, Tool, Vangelis, Crash Test Dummies, Michael Jackson, Fairy Tail OST (OMG), Queen, Kenji Kawai, Muse, Massive Attack, Sinatra... (had some weeks to try). All did sound from very good to goosebumps (being really brilliant with hard songs to drive like Queen's "I was born to love you" (OMFGA) or AC/DC Thunderstruck), at least for my tastes. Only thing is high middles (guess) too much brilliant from time to time, and only if source is not good.
Amazing purchase.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #342 of 530
Only thing is high middles (guess) too much brilliant from time to time
I noticed that when the fit is not entirely right and tight, brighter upper mids and recessed lows.
Also, upgrading cable (i linked the one that works for me earlier on) helps with upper highs (air) IMO.
But totally agree with CH9T being a goosebumps generator, with the right source :L3000:

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #343 of 530
I agree that the low-mids are a bit lacking. I just bought them recently looking for a more comfortable option than the LZ A4 and the CH9T didn't really deliver. They are certainly good, and I'd even say they are worth the money, they just didn't fit my preferred tonal balance and the A4's are clearly superior imo.

Now the day after I put mine up for sale they go on sale on Amazon. Go figure.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #344 of 530
They are certainly good, and I'd even say they are worth the money

Not a fan boy here, but can't agree with that. IMO this are clearly better than most alternatives at its price range -and don't think that A4's are included here, because they are quite more expensive (and tunables).

Regarding low mids a bit recessed, it's well-known. But really think that at this price point is very hard to find something that don't abuses/lacks at some frequency range.
IT03 are (or were) a 200$-250$ reference, and I can read often that highs are too emphasized so, if a friend of mine asks me about an IEM under 100€, I'd recommend CH9T as a rock-solid option.

Dec 18, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #345 of 530
Not a fan boy here, but can't agree with that.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I am saying that they are worth the money, even though I prefer the A4.

While the lower mids being recessed was an issue for me, I quite liked them overall. The main reason I'm not keeping them was that they still stick out of my ears too far. The whole reason I bought them was for something that would sit flush and allow me to lay down comfortably, to complement my A4's which do not work well for this. In that regard they were not what I wanted.

In any case I have ordered some Fiio F9's to try next for this purpose, though I expect them to be a downgrade from the CH9T from an audio standpoint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back