Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Sep 23, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #136 of 530
@mykeldg I did notice some sonic improvements bc I got balanced 2.5 and my Opus#1 has better balanced output. Some people don't notice a difference. I personally don't like cables with a mic. I do have a $45 cable off Amazon I'm currently using which seems to take the clarity up a notch but isn't the best for gym use

@Aphex72 I was going fast, yes those ones

Ok, I'm going to buy and deal with the VE Espresso 3.5 SE. Thanks again.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #137 of 530
Guys, I can't stress this enough -- get some 5.5mm foam tips. the overall improvement in balance & seal is tremendous over any tips i've tried. Not to mention the comfort. It can even sit outside your ears with a shallow insertion and the seal is perfect!

I am enjoying the heck out of these IEMs, finally. Also, due to the stock tips' very shallow height & wide nozzle diameter, the filter accumulates dirt so quickly, dulling the sound in a matter of days. The filter's holes are too fine--almost fabric like and easily clogs with moisture. Take off the filters and clean them with soap & water / small brush. The difference in clarity is night & day after cleaning the filters. Now if you use higher tips like foam tips, filters no longer dirt up easily due to decreased proximity and the nature of the foams to absorb moisture before getting to the filters.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #138 of 530
Impressions on the ch9t?

I'm currently using them on balanced through my Opus#1. I haven't reached a hundred hours on these yet but I'm liking them already. The timbre is good and I wasn't expecting much for this price point. The bass seems a bit elevated but not that much to be considered a basshead type IEM. I'm hearing a good width on soundstage especially on balanced mode. I don't feel they lack in midbass nor in the subbass area. Subbass is quite good but not as deep as the iBasso IT03 which I am currently used to. Midbass is better though. Vocals sound richer and slightly more forward if I were to compare again with the IT03. For a single dynamic driver, CH9T's treble is quite good. It doesn't lack in sparkle for my taste and I can hear a good amount of details when tested with my usual test tracks. I'll try to give them more listening time to get a better grasp about the sound as I'm still getting used to them.

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #139 of 530
I'm currently using them on balanced through my Opus#1. I haven't reached a hundred hours on these yet but I'm liking them already. The timbre is good and I wasn't expecting much for this price point. The bass seems a bit elevated but not that much to be considered a basshead type IEM. I'm hearing a good width on soundstage especially on balanced mode. I don't feel they lack in midbass nor in the subbass area. Subbass is quite good but not as deep as the iBasso IT03 which I am currently used to. Midbass is better though. Vocals sound richer and slightly more forward if I were to compare again with the IT03. For a single dynamic driver, CH9T's treble is quite good. It doesn't lack in sparkle for my taste and I can heaoor a gd amount of details when tested with my usual test tracks. I'll tr to ygive them more listening time to get a better grasp about the sound as I'm still getting used to them.
Sounds really good. What tip are you using?

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #144 of 530
I am going to use it on a qualcomm dac in xiaomi mi5. I am pretty sure the performance will suffer. If the sound of the P1 is really that good compared to the rest of the bunch I will consider buying a v20.

I think that most smartphones today will drive the CH9T without problems. The Pinnacle P1 is the one which is harder to drive according to reviews. But of course, getting a V10, V20, or the upcoming V30 would be much better.

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #146 of 530
you dont necessarily need to buy a new phone to get a decent output. just get a dac/amp like a dragonfly. for 100$ it will make any phone/laptop sound better than most DAPs including the v20.

that said, you dont need to amp the ch9t but it scales very well with good equipment.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #147 of 530
how do you know you have a great iem ? I barely skip songs now. I usually shuffle endlessly. Now every song--even crappy ones--are engaging. Most of this is due to the foam tips giving perfect balance to the ch9t. I hear lots of details in the mids I haven't heard before in my full sized headphones!

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #150 of 530
Haven't heard the P1 but I can almost guarantee from what I've read that the P1 will definitely be bass light in comparison. Other than that IDK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back