Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Sep 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #106 of 530
KZ Starlines are pack of 3 (S/M/L) for $1.

I tested out the Medium Stars last night and they worked best for the fit and sound on these for me.

Black (softer, opaque) or grey (harder, translucent) starlines? They do affect things differently...

Sep 14, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #111 of 530
Black (softer, opaque) or grey (harder, translucent) starlines? They do affect things differently...
Gray ones. Haven't tried the new ones, how do they differ in sound?

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #112 of 530
All this talk how how good the ch9t is making me jealous. Cannot find the ch9t even under 100 anywhere. @slaterlovesspam you got a great deal man. You got it for 70 bucks right? Black friday is coming up. I am going to start praying for the price of ch9t to drop lol.

I got mine for $59 shipped from Amazon.

The member who got theirs for $70 (from ebay) was Lurk650 I believe.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #113 of 530
Gray ones. Haven't tried the new ones, how do they differ in sound?

Bass is stronger on the grey version, but the black are much more soft and comfortable.

The grey do seem to soften up some and become more comfortable after a few months. But the black are really nice right OOB. I can't remember if they came with the ZS5 or ZSE, but you can buy individual sets of the black ones from a few sellers on Aliexpress.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #114 of 530
Bass is stronger on the grey version, but the black are much more soft and comfortable.

The grey do seem to soften up some and become more comfortable after a few months. But the black are really nice right OOB. I can't remember if they came with the ZS5 or ZSE, but you can buy individual sets of the black ones from a few sellers on Aliexpress.
Oh yeah, they are in my cart, along with the whirlwind tips (i think that's the KZ tips). I believe one seller said once I order I can message him and he can ship me just the Medium & Large sizes.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #115 of 530
Oh yeah, they are in my cart, along with the whirlwind tips (i think that's the KZ tips). I believe one seller said once I order I can message him and he can ship me just the Medium & Large sizes.

Nice. I had messaged a few sellers before ordering to ensure that they were indeed the black silicone instead of the grey. The photos in the descriptions aren't always accurate, nor are they always easy to tell for sure (the black can look dark grey in some light, and the dark grey can look black in some light).

KZ whirlwind (or I call them Turbos) are nice too. Just a word of advice on them - they are VERY easy to tear at the top seam between the center nozzle and the tip. It usually happens when tip rolling and you go to try and remove them. I'd say mine tear about 30% of the time. And it's not always apparent, because the tear can start out small. But it does affect sound, because it messes up the seal.

I've never had any other tips tear in that spot, but I've had numerous KZ Turbo tips tear. In fact, I almost expect it now when I go to remove a pair (and am pleasantly surprised when they DON'T tear which is pretty sad when you think about it).

Here's a photo of where it always separates/tears:

KZ-Turbo-Tip-Tear.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #116 of 530
Arent the KZ Whilrwind (with spiral fins below the flanges) similar to the stock tips? Or is there an improvement in SQ over the stock tips? they look similar structurally apart from the color

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #117 of 530
From where?

In our country it is 8-10$ which is almost half of a KZ IEM.
Arent the KZ Whilrwind (with spiral fins below the flanges) similar to the stock tips? Or is there an improvement in SQ over the stock tips? they look similar structurally apart from the color

They're taller, and bit stiffer. They sit perfectly in my ears. I don't get a very good seal with stock tips.

Sep 15, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #118 of 530
The CA cable brought out some treble but felt like it just didn't mesh with the 9, plus the memory ear hooks suck. Ordered this cable while at the gym last night. Just got them. Very nice. Just wish there was a chin slider but a shirt clip should work fine.

Upgrade Cable for Earphone Shure SE846, SE535, SE425, SE315, SE215, UE900 OKCSC 8 Core MMCX jack Cable 7N Single Crystal Plated Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DW6KNH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_nwdVzbP47K2VM

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #119 of 530
Is the improvement in sound with the new cable better than the CA's? Was it mostly treble improvements? Also contemplating on getting a replacement but cheap SPC Cable from VE (around $16) but mostly for the better cable durability.

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #120 of 530
Is the improvement in sound with the new cable better than the CA's? Was it mostly treble improvements? Also contemplating on getting a replacement but cheap SPC Cable from VE (around $16) but mostly for the better cable durability.
It's hard to say but I'm the CA cable did something to the mid-range, making it more V Shapw, now with this other cable it's back to being U Shaped. Nice punch with the bass with a bit of rumble, male vocals drawn back, female vocals a bit more forward than male, upper mids forward and treble is present but smooth and not in your face. Really dig this sig, allows me to zone out and feel the music.

I think the sound is about the same as stock, maybe a bit more clarity in the upper mids but the stock is a bit lighter but for me the bottom came untwisted, this cable is a bit heavy at the bottom which is a flat braid so it's bounces and was annoying when running but elliptical was fine. Gonna shirt clip it next time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back