Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Sep 26, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #151 of 530
IMG_20170926_215039.jpg

Tip problem gone, just discovered the Snugs custom tips I bought for my Noble X's fit my CH9T's. Sound is just amazing now, clear and punchy. I knew these were fantastic iems but now they are even better

Sep 26, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #152 of 530
Probably long time coming but could the OP edit the thread title to spell Pioneer right? :relieved:

Sep 26, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #153 of 530
Probably long time coming but could the OP edit the thread title to spell Pioneer right? :relieved:
It is spelled right...unless it was changed after you posted it, I never noticed it was spelled wrong lol

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #154 of 530

Tip problem gone, just discovered the Snugs custom tips I bought for my Noble X's fit my CH9T's. Sound is just amazing now, clear and punchy. I knew these were fantastic iems but now they are even better

How much did it cost you?

I have the same observations going from silicone to foam tips. Definitely a marked transformation.

Sep 27, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #156 of 530
I noticed that my CH9Ts got a bit darker after about two months of few hours of daily use (I have extremely sensitive hearing).
Ended up removing protective nets (or whatever they are called?) and cleaning them up thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol, reinstalled, did not try to glue them in though.
Highs are back to where they were, but I think I'll need to get replacements (nets, not IEMs!) at some stage.
Anyone found what size fits best, I remember them being mentioned here?

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #157 of 530
Also, as has been mentioned here tried switching to straight in ear placement (as opposed to over the ear).
Amazingly CH9Ts fit perfectly this way, and actually seem to have a bit more balanced midrange.
Stock cable mmcx male connectors could get loose after few disconnects, I used sharp needle to push out little section inside that acts as a spring, locking them firmly.

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #158 of 530
I noticed that my CH9Ts got a bit darker (I have extremely sensitive hearing).
Ended up removing protective nets (or whatever they are called?) and cleaning them up thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol, reinstalled, did not try to glue them in though.
Highs are back to where they were, but I think I'll need to get replacements (nets, not IEMs!) at some stage.

Exactly my observations. These filters easily get gummed up with moisture and dust on stock tips because of the wide nozzle and short tips. Difference is night and day. I now use higher tips which do not easily moist the overly fine filters.

To everyone, especially people who use it for gym, clean the filters, difference in clarity after cleaning is definitely notable.

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #160 of 530
Also, as has been mentioned here tried switching to straight in ear placement (as opposed to over the ear).
Amazingly CH9Ts fit perfectly this way, and actually seem to have a bit more balanced midrange.
Stock cable mmcx male connectors could get loose after few disconnects, I used sharp needle to push out little section inside that acts as a spring, locking them firmly.
I'm glad i'm not the only one. This is the my way to get headphones-like mids with a bit of tradeoff for soundstage. Also try out foam tips. They provide the similar midrange when worn normally/overear but without sacrifice in soundstage, possibly due to the perfect seal. Misodiko has 5.5mm foam tips for jaybird that fit mine perfectly.

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #161 of 530
I noticed that my CH9Ts got a bit darker after about two months of few hours of daily use (I have extremely sensitive hearing).

I have yet to find a source for the nylon style screens. I have only been able to source stainless steel screens.

The good news is that in the numerous IEMs I have replaced or swapped the screens on, the stainless screens have no effect on the sound one way or the other. It's the nylon screens that color the sound in some way (usually for the worse ie veiled).

Bottom line is that I have zero reservations towards replacing ANY non-stainless screen with the stainless screens.

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #162 of 530
wouldn't it change the sound signature like take away a slight refinement in treble? Anyway, I will find out. I learned that SS coffee filters from French Press have same weave density of IEM filters. I have a few of those lying around for experiment :D

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #163 of 530
Got the Misodiko 5.5 in M bc they were offered with Prime Shipping. They are really good and a better price than Comply 600 though I wonder how the Comply Comfort compare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back