Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Sep 30, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #166 of 530
Just got the VE SPC Cable-- so far so good. There is a notable improvement in detail, clarity & sound stage. I get much more subtlety in music like the flaws in recording, or easily discern more layers I did not notice before (like minute backup vocals/instrument or people talking in the BG while the song is being recorded). Bass is no longer as in your face. The highs feels more extended, more sparkle. Too bad the damn connectors aren't as securely fit as the stock. I won't leave these hanging on my neck when not in use.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #167 of 530
crap, didn't know there was a difference, the V2 is also on Amazon. I got the V1. Oh well, its in my favorites and I'll order once I run through these ones I guess. The over ear hooks actually work well with my cable, no need to use a shirt clip now.

Oct 1, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #170 of 530
Just looked and Pioneer is about to release a new line of DJ Full Size Cans. The flagship, HDJ-X10 will be $340. 5hz-40Khz. I am tempted, I enjoy the HRM-6 a lot.
Do you know whether HDJ-X10 support balanced cable or not? Is it Single-end design?

Oct 1, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #171 of 530
Do you know whether HDJ-X10 support balanced cable or not? Is it Single-end design?
Most likely it's like the HRM-6 and it's a single proprietary connection

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #175 of 530
20171003_181731.jpg
finally able to exchange the ve cable for this silver cable from tenmak. I only spent 2$ more ($18) and unlike the VE SPC cable, this one fits perfectly and even has a more secure fit than the stock cable! Sound is similar to the VE, which is a notable step up from the stock in terms of clarity & refinement. I was also able to audition the zs5 and 6 from the store. Theyre quite good especially for the price, but IMO not as good as the ch9t. Theyre dryer sounding. Ch9t has greaat soundstage and bass which is more like headphones especially with the spc cables.

bought it here https://shopee.ph/Tennmak-Pro-Shure-MMCX-Replacement-Cable-i.16685303.523973083

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #176 of 530
****, didn't know there was a difference, the V2 is also on Amazon. I got the V1. Oh well, its in my favorites and I'll order once I run through these ones I guess. The over ear hooks actually work well with my cable, no need to use a shirt clip now.
Hey bro, don't you also have JVC Spiraldots? can you confirm that the Misodiko sounds superior to the spiraldots? I love the foams but I feel like the V1s are rather fragile. My 2nd pair is already starting to show some wear after only 2-3 days.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #177 of 530
finally able to exchange the ve cable for this silver cable from tenmak. I only spent 2$ more ($18) and unlike the VE SPC cable, this one fits perfectly and even has a more secure fit than the stock cable! Sound is similar to the VE, which is a notable step up from the stock in terms of clarity & refinement. I was also able to audition the zs5 and 6 from the store. Theyre quite good especially for the price, but IMO not as good as the ch9t. Theyre dryer sounding. Ch9t has greaat soundstage and bass which is more like headphones especially with the spc cables.

bought it here https://shopee.ph/Tennmak-Pro-Shure-MMCX-Replacement-Cable-i.16685303.523973083
Thank god I found someone who listened to all three. I have been dying to know how they compare. I got two question.
1)Where does the zs6 lack compared to the ch9t?
2) And is there any difference in sound quality and signature between zs5 and zs6? I get the feeling they just upgraded the shell instead of the actual drivers inside.

Oct 3, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #178 of 530
Im afraid I only had around 20 second listen since it was unplanned and only having my cable exchanged and I was late for work! So take my impressions with a grain of salt.

Note CH9t impression is using foam tips and SPC cables:

1)Where does the zs6 lack compared to the ch9t? - CH9t has better soundstage, more open sounding, warmer, more musical, more refined overall. I think Ch9t with SPC cables + foam tips is a force to be reckoned with. I do not really think of getting IEM upgrades unless I break it any time soon.

2) And is there any difference in sound quality and signature between zs5 and zs6? - zs6 has better and more forward mids, and a bit more refinement over the zs5.

To be fair, I don't really qualify my listening session a decent enough listen, so I can only provide sparse impression for this. The zs6 is almost 1/3rd the price of the CH9t, so its quite a good value IMO.

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #179 of 530
Im afraid I only had around 20 second listen since it was unplanned and only having my cable exchanged and I was late for work! So take my impressions with a grain of salt.

Note CH9t impression is using foam tips and SPC cables:

1)Where does the zs6 lack compared to the ch9t? - CH9t has better soundstage, more open sounding, warmer, more musical, more refined overall. I think Ch9t with SPC cables + foam tips is a force to be reckoned with. I do not really think of getting IEM upgrades unless I break it any time soon.

2) And is there any difference in sound quality and signature between zs5 and zs6? - zs6 has better and more forward mids, and a bit more refinement over the zs5.

To be fair, I don't really qualify my listening session a decent enough listen, so I can only provide sparse impression for this. The zs6 is almost 1/3rd the price of the CH9t, so its quite a good value IMO.
Thanks a lot man. I ordered the zs6 from gearbest and they will take forever to arrive. Will buy the ch9t when I get some more cash saved up. In the mean time i hope the zs6s are worth it. One last thing. Is there anything the zs6 does better than the ch9t?

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #180 of 530
Hey bro, don't you also have JVC Spiraldots? can you confirm that the Misodiko sounds superior to the spiraldots? I love the foams but I feel like the V1s are rather fragile. My 2nd pair is already starting to show some wear after only 2-3 days.
Yes, but I also found I preferred the sound of the Grey KZ Starlines over the SD. I find the foams to actually reduce the bass impact a bit causing the mids to shine more. I've used the foams twice now, each for an hour at the gym and they seem fine. I do like the added isolation they give. I may experiment with other tips when the foams all become useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back