Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Sep 12, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #61 of 530
Just PMed him on FB.
Bass - almost same
Mids - The f9 has even more recessed mids than the CH9T
Highs - the f9 is brighter and has more sparkle.

The f9 has better imaging and separation of instruments, he said it's good for critical listening. But the CH9T has a more open soundstage.
Haven't heard a single issue ch9t about sound quality except a little recessed mids. Some say the f9 has a peak at 7khz region that makes it overly harsh. I am confused aff.
And thanks a lot for pming the guy.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #63 of 530
Fahim, what is your current gear? For 100$ I think CH9t is probably the best you can get. It sounds better than my IE8 which used to be $300-400 SRP. BA IEMs may have more precision, but well implemented DD have better bass and treble extension, more coherence, better soundstage. On the flipside, if you dont like bass, the CH9t bass may bother you for the 1st 24-48 hours. You need to have a good fit though. IMO stock tips are painful to wear and have tendency to lose seal, resulting in recessed mids.

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #64 of 530
Fahim, what is your current gear? For 100$ I think CH9t is probably the best you can get. It sounds better than my IE8 which used to be $300-400 SRP. BA IEMs may have more precision, but well implemented DD have better bass and treble extension, more coherence, better soundstage. On the flipside, if you dont like bass, the CH9t bass may bother you for the 1st 24-48 hours. You need to have a good fit though. IMO stock tips are painful to wear and have tendency to lose seal, resulting in recessed mids.
I am currently using xiaomi piston 3. I hate the way these sound. I dont get what all the hype was about. The soundstage is somewhat narrow, the sound is a bit too thick and lacks resolution. I like bass in general and the quantity of bass provided by these is good but here the bass drowns the mids.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #65 of 530
Just go for them Fahim, I'm sure you won't be disappointed

No freq graph b/c they aren't popular. Pioneer is a big brand but in the headphone game they aren't too popular. After buying the CH9T I bought myself the HRM-6 and love them. Portable goodness

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #66 of 530

No freq graph b/c they aren't popular. Pioneer is a big brand but in the headphone game they aren't too popular. After buying the CH9T I bought myself the HRM-6 and love them. Portable goodness
I am almost set. After countless hours of research I have narrowed it down between pioneer ch9t and fiio f9. I am pretty sure I wont be disappointed with either of them but a frequency response curve would have made thing so much easier. Do you know someone here at head fi who owns a ch9t and has the equipment for measuring frequency response? I also have been hearing that the ch9t has a very nozzle which can make it uncomfortable for some

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #67 of 530
I am almost set. After countless hours of research I have narrowed it down between pioneer ch9t and fiio f9. I am pretty sure I wont be disappointed with either of them but a frequency response curve would have made thing so much easier. Do you know someone here at head fi who owns a ch9t and has the equipment for measuring frequency response? I also have been hearing that the ch9t has a very nozzle which can make it uncomfortable for some
Nope not sure if anybody does, like I said, its not popular. FQ graphs don't tell the whole story but I can tell you that there are no spikes in the treble. They have a pretty large nozzle but they are super comfy and fit like a glove. I use them at the gym for at least an hour 5-7 times a week

Sep 12, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #69 of 530
Nope not sure if anybody does, like I said, its not popular. FQ graphs don't tell the whole story but I can tell you that there are no spikes in the treble. They have a pretty large nozzle but they are super comfy and fit like a glove. I use them at the gym for at least an hour 5-7 times a week

Agreed. Mine are one of the most comfortable IEMs I own.

Besides, it comes with multiple sizes of tips, and you can also swap out the tips for whatever you want - Spiral Dots, Spinfits, Comply foams, KZ Turbos, etc.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #70 of 530
Agreed. Mine are one of the most comfortable IEMs I own.

Besides, it comes with multiple sizes of tips, and you can also swap out the tips for whatever you want - Spiral Dots, Spinfits, Comply foams, KZ Turbos, etc.

Yeah stock tips I found meh on them but for some reason they work perfect on the TA Vyrus (V1). Go figure. I've been using some narrow bore generic tips I got from some other IEM, wish I knew which, but its a great tip and works on the Pioneers and the AKG N40. Though, now with the Litz cable it makes the Pioneers sit a little differently so I want something a little bigger tip wise so I'm gonna test out Medium Spiral Dots and the Large KZ Starline tips again today and see how it is. The Litz already adds a bit of treble brightness so the SD may be a bit much sound wise.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #72 of 530

Set up a price alert on camelcamelcamel chief. You'll be able to snag it when it drops next time.

I waited patiently and looked around different sites for months until I snagged it on Amazon for $59. There was more than 1 at that price too, and the same seller had an open box pair he was selling cheap too. I saw the open box pair in the little link on the Amazon product page that says "New (#) from $xx.xx & FREE shipping. Details". The ones I actually bought were factory sealed though. No clue what lucky bum got the open box pair.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #73 of 530

Thanks man. I think I am settling for the ch9t. One small thing though. What material is the end of the nozzle made of; metal or fabric? Is it easy to clean without damaging the fabric?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #74 of 530
Thanks man. I think I am settling for the ch9t. One small thing though. What material is the end of the nozzle made of; metal or fabric? Is it easy to clean without damaging the fabric?

It is a VERY thin see-through fabric (likely nylon). It is an odd size as well, so replacing it with the identical stuff could be a problem. If anything happened to mine, I would have to replace it with the metal type of mesh (because that's all I have access to).

My experience with the nylon fabric screens is that they eventually clog with dirt and ear stuff. How fast that happens depends on each individual person - I clean my ears every time before using an IEM, and that helps a lot.

I have never had any luck cleaning the fabric type of screens. When my fabric screens eventually get clogged and blocked, I just replace them with the metal type of screens.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #75 of 530
It is a VERY thin see-through fabric (likely nylon). It is an odd size as well, so replacing it with the identical stuff could be a problem. If anything happened to mine, I would have to replace it with the metal type of mesh (because that's all I have access to).

My experience with the nylon fabric screens is that they eventually clog with dirt and ear stuff. How fast that happens depends on each individual person - I clean my ears every time before using an IEM, and that helps a lot.

I have never had any luck cleaning the fabric type of screens. When my fabric screens eventually get clogged and blocked, I just replace them with the metal type of screens.
where do you buy the metal mesh and how do you replace it exactly? Do they even fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back