Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Sep 10, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #31 of 530
Awesome, how would you compare the treble to let say the Shure SE215? I'm wanting to buy this Pioneer IEM.
Have never heard a Shure so I can't say.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #33 of 530
Have them, they're quite v shaped. Recessed mids. Good staging, imaging and clarity though!
You are talking the Shure right? Mids are not recessed in the Pioneer lol

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #35 of 530
Pioneer. Lol. I have them and they have definitely have recessed mids.
I have them as well. I hear them as forward a bit. We all hear differently though.

Sep 11, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #37 of 530
89EB296D-F9C0-43D8-8D93-279569BED6AE.jpeg
I could not resist, treble is actually enough and decent, bass is deep. Happy with the purchase.

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #40 of 530
These have been my gym IEMs for the past couple of months, paired with my Fiio M3 it's a perfect combo. The stock cable is great but started to untwist at the bottom so I switched to my CA Lyra II cable since I'm running those with a cheap Chinese balanced cable. The Litz cable gives increases the treble a bit, so that gives off better resolution IMO.

I know its a long shot, but how does the ch9t compare to the CA Lyra?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #42 of 530
^^ for those experiencing recessed mids, it is surely a fit issue. The Stock tips are no good for me. I use other tips and mids are no longer recessed. You can also wear them down-ways and switch L & Right -- i get neutral mids this way if I want to use smallest stock tips.

For using non stock tips, avoid using narrower bore/nozzle size. It will reduce the treble & openness and IMO ruin the ch9t sound sig.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #43 of 530
^^ for those experiencing recessed mids, it is surely a fit issue. The Stock tips are no good for me. I use other tips and mids are no longer recessed. You can also wear them down-ways and switch L & Right -- i get neutral mids this way if I want to use smallest stock tips.

For using non stock tips, avoid using narrower bore/nozzle size. It will reduce the treble & openness and IMO ruin the ch9t sound sig.
Do you know where I can find the frequency response graph for this?
What tips are you using? What tip would you recommed if I wanted a almost neutral signature with a hint of u

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #45 of 530
I am looking to buy the ch9t. Are the mids really as recessed as some say? I want a moderately neutral and natural sound with a little boost in bass.
That's exactly CH9T's sound signature, as long as you get the right fit.
After burning-in (about 200 hours I estimate) I returned back to stock mid-sized tips. Wide opening at the ear canal side is a must if you plan to use aftermarket tips.
I would not say that the mids are recessed, I believe this impression is due to powerful bass that goes all the way down to the bottom overshadowing mids a bit and that we are conditioned by sonic signature of other IEMs that don't have as precise and well-balanced mids as CH9T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back