Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Sep 11, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #46 of 530
I use Spiral Dots and some other generic tips that idk what gear they came from but they work perfectly.

As far as comparing to the Lyra II, they are above them in every way. That's too be expected though. About the same low extension but the Lyra punches harder and bass is of better quality. The treble is brighter on the Lyra but has better clarity and resolution. The layering and imaging is better on the Lyra. The Pioneer is a great IEM in itself though, it sound just as good from my Fiio M3 as it does from my Opus #1. That can be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #47 of 530
I really recommend wearing them downwards. They sound like a different IEM-- flat but bass boosted. If you can equalize to this, really opens up the sound and gives my headphones a run for its money. I am using full sized headphones and Bookshelf speakers as reference.
upload_2017-9-12_18-33-18.png

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #48 of 530
I really recommend wearing them downwards. They sound like a different IEM-- flat but bass boosted. If you can equalize to this, really opens up the sound and gives my headphones a run for its money. I am using full sized headphones and Bookshelf speakers as reference.
"flat but bass boosted" exactly what I want lol. What is the sound like when you ear them over ear?

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #50 of 530
@mykeldg @Lurk650 Have you heard the magosi k3 pro, exclusive king or fiio f9? How do these stack up against ch9t? Do their triple driver really have any advantage here?
The CH9T blows my k3pro out of the water. sold them for like 50 usd haha. The F9 is more vshaped than the CH9t, but brighter. They sound like the A83.

Retracting my statements regarding the ch9t that they are vshape. What I meant was they are ushape, meaning there is a slight dip in the mids. My bad! Miscommunication.

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #51 of 530
@Fahim : Over ear -- mids are recessed :c I ordered foam tips which was recommended in the german forums. I will update this thread when I get them.

Also considered F9. Someone from Audio Group said the following:
upload_2017-9-12_19-9-56.png

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #52 of 530
I'm calling them ushape because I hear the vocals slightly behind the instruments. They have great clarity, imaging and staging and blows all my other iems on that price range. IM70, k3 pro, EN700 Bass, Model 3, and even the PM4.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #57 of 530
I'm calling them ushape because I hear the vocals slightly behind the instruments. They have great clarity, imaging and staging and blows all my other iems on that price range. IM70, k3 pro, EN700 Bass, Model, and even the PM4.
I am pretty new to the $100 iem segment but what I dont understand is why would a decently tuned hybrid iem sound more clear than a dynamic driver like ch9t. Isn't the whole purpose of balanced armature is to provide clear detailed sound?

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #59 of 530
I am pretty new to the $100 iem segment but what I dont understand is why would a decently tuned hybrid iem sound more clear than a dynamic driver like ch9t. Isn't the whole purpose of balanced armature is to provide clear detailed sound?
It all depends on the tuning, and implementation. Take the Dita Dream for example. It's a Single Dynamic TOTL IEM, but it's very detailed that rivals many BA IEMs. Driver type does not equate to clarity. It all depends on the implementation of said drivers.

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #60 of 530
If possible can you please ask the guy in the group about a comparison between the ch9t and f9?
Just PMed him on FB.
Bass - almost same
Mids - The f9 has even more recessed mids than the CH9T
Highs - the f9 is brighter and has more sparkle.

The f9 has better imaging and separation of instruments, he said it's good for critical listening. But the CH9T has a more open soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back