Pimp my ride : 1990 Acura Integra LS
Dec 9, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 77
Actually, a racing exhaust (starting with the piece that attaches to the engine.. again, sorry i don't know the english word... i think is the header) is a good upgrade for not too much money... it will make your engine work a little more rested, allowing it to perform better... it is one of the first things most people do (at least on older cars... i have a '68 Fiat 600D and it adds a lot)

Dec 9, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #19 of 77
Nice car man, can't wait to see it at the next NC meet!

Get one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...94978896QQrdZ1

and one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...20492855QQrdZ1

tongue.gif

Seriously, if it were my car I'd upgrade the audio
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #20 of 77
Upgrades:

cold air intake -> exhaust -> eibach springs/struts/sway bars -> turbo -> wheels/tires

A paint job would be nice, and a conservative body kit can improve the looks a lot. And of course, a good stereo and speakers.

Dec 9, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #23 of 77
don't dump too much money into the car, your going to regret it when your ready to sell it. You might think im being mean by saying that, but in the long run you'll probablly end up agreeing it's a waste of money.

(what i'd do for the 12 grand or so i dumped into my maxima... )

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #24 of 77
Looks good, keep it looking clean. How you want to mod performance depends on how you want to drive it and how much you have to spend. If it's a daily driver, bolt-ons should be just fine - cold air intake, header, cat-back exhaust system, springs/struts/bushings/strut-bar/sway-bars, etc. Take your time.

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #25 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
don't dump too much money into the car, your going to regret it when your ready to sell it. You might think im being mean by saying that, but in the long run you'll probablly end up agreeing it's a waste of money.

(what i'd do for the 12 grand or so i dumped into my maxima... )

I agree, don't go overboard...do have fun though. Now, what I would do is lower the car maybe 2 inches, give it a nice low, mean, stance. Throw on some new rims and some low profile tires and tint the windows. Maybe a cold air intake and new exhaust. I agree with Jmmmmm with having a conservative body kit, nothing too extravagant, and maybe a new paint job. The Integra always looked good in black to me. One last thing, please, for the love of god, no flashing lights under the car, three foot tall spoilers, spinners, or four 12 inch sub woofers thumping your body kit off the car...lol

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #26 of 77
Hmmn...

1. Performance cat-back exhaust $600
2. Cold Air Intake $100
3. Decent Tire/Rim package $1000
4. New paint $500
5. Lowering springs $250
6. Performance Headers $250
7. Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter $150
8. Window Tint $100
9. Weapon R floor matts $90
10. New steering wheel $100
11. Short shifter kit $80

Thats $3220, I better stop
biggrin.gif

After that I would look into suspension, new cams, performance flywheel and clutch, etc etc.

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #27 of 77
Dec 9, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #28 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Hmmn...

1. Performance cat-back exhaust $600
2. Cold Air Intake $100
3. Decent Tire/Rim package $1000
4. New paint $500
5. Lowering springs $250
6. Performance Headers $250
7. Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter $150
8. Window Tint $100
9. Weapon R floor matts $90
10. New steering wheel $100
11. Short shifter kit $80

Thats $3220, I better stop
biggrin.gif

After that I would look into suspension, new cams, performance flywheel and clutch, etc etc.

Meh. Too many unnecessary cosmetic items. Steering wheel? Window tint? Floor mats? And I hope by short shifter, you mean an actual kit that shortens the throw, and not just a literal "short shifter". And lowering springs? Harsher ride with no benefit.

Personally, I'd go for some decent suspension upgrades (maybe some Eibachs, and then some anti-roll bars), headers + exhaust, lightened flywheel, cold air intake (possibly an actual CAI, with external ducting) and a decent turbo kit. I'm just worried about increasing pressure in such an old engine. Oh, and if there's any money left, get some wheels and tires. If you can only get one, get the tires. Wheels look nice, yes, but you'll appreciate the handling much more. Plus, sleeper cars are sweet.

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #30 of 77
No offense, but the best way to get a sportier car is to buy one in the first place. For the price of an exhaust, intake, springs, shocks, plus all the necessary maintenance stuff you might need (you always need to make sure everything else is tip top before doing performance stuff; e.g. a new set of suspension bushings all around is always a good idea, wheel bearings, various suspension pieces that are likely worn out, etc), you could have had a *much* sportier car in the first place than what you'll end up with. Also, spending thousands on wheels/tires for a car like that is misplaced IMO. At the end of the day you still have a relatively heavy front-wheel drive car that runs a 16 second quartermile and doesn't exactly rip around corners; you can't change that with minor tweaks.

Seriously, if you want a sports car, buy a sports car - this is the most tried and true, tested advice I can give!!! Even a modest sportscar (e.g. an older Rx-7, MR-2, Miata, etc) will simply blow away a modest 'tuner' front-wheel drive car in pretty much every department, fun factor being the most important IMO.

Im my experience the absolute best way to approach cars is to start with something as close to what you want as possible, and change it the least that you need to (this also pays off for resale value, as most people look for near-stock cars).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back