Pimp my ride : 1990 Acura Integra LS
Dec 8, 2005 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
[size=x-large]Bring out the "Tuner" in you
k1000smile.gif
[/size]

I finally bought a car...a timless classic IMO...a stunning performer in it's day and still a force to be reckoned with once in the hands of a maniacal tuner
smily_headphones1.gif

The 1990 Acura Integra LS was an atypical Integra in the 4 door sedan format. The 4 doors however, rather than detracting from the cosmetic bite...added an elegance to the underlying muscle.

I bought this car because of financial reasons...not because of any special attraction. The attraction came afterwards and my respect for it's abilities grew. For a 15 year old, sparingly used car to suddenly pick up it's bones and make a 10 hour sprint from NYC to Raleigh is no small feat. I drove this car back almost non-stop and it behaved impeccably.

Since then I have been using it and it has been rewarding me with it's reliability and performance. Despite it's wee 4 cylinder 120bhp powerplant, The 'teg can spring a surprise off the lights with it's stupendous accelleration.

I am a nice guy and to return the favor, I have decided to spend some money and bring this beauty back up to showroom standards and more...

Before I bore you all with my verbose comments, here is a chance for you to PIMP MY RIDE.

I have supplied the "Before" pic and one "After" pic that should just be a "reference" - doesnt mean that I like it or anything.

[size=medium]Your task is to come up with ideas and suggestions to enhance my car's performance and cosmetic appeal. If you provide "links" to parts that need to be purchased - that will be even better. [/size]

Interior customization is also welcome...
[size=large]
BUDGET - $3000.00[/size]

[size=medium]
BEFORE:
[/size]
before.JPG

[size=medium]
AFTER:
[/size]
20.jpg

[size=medium]If you want further pictures, let me know and I will post whatever angle you want [/size]

basshead.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Your task is to come up with ideas and suggestions to enhance my car's cosmetic appeal.

Smash the crap out of it with a hammer or stick it in a car crusher...... that would improve the look of it
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 77
Slap one of these Screaming Chickens on that Baby - it will LOOK faster!
images

Dec 8, 2005 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 77
No way you need a giant BOSE sticker on the front windshield!

Dec 8, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 77
Forget that. Built the biggest spoiler you can out of plywood and 1x4's, then spray paint it red and slap it on the back. Then you're really cool. Oh, and get a 16,000 watt amp and two 16" woofers rated 50-200 hz., stick them in the trunk, and whammo! You've got something to draw attention to you, too!

In all seriousness, though, I must say you've done a commendable job on that car. I basically hate the whole "rice" thing, but that's some quality workmanship and it turned out great.

Dec 8, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Slap one of these Screaming Chickens on that Baby - it will LOOK faster!

Glue a load of dead chickens on it - it will LOOK foul! (fowl)

chickencar2.jpg

Now that's cluckin cool!!

Dec 8, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 77
Well... for performace the first steps include changing the exhaust, since the faster you can get the gas outside of your engine the better and cooler it will run, giving you a few extra HP. Also, replace the intake with a cold air intake. All of this shouldn't take too much money...

Then you can start getting into the hardcore stuff... open your engine and change pistons, cams, do some headwork, etc...

sorry if i can't be more specific, but i don't know the english words for a lot of the stuff i know has to be done...

Dec 8, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #8 of 77
I added a Mustang body kit to it, slapped on some racing decals, added the all-important Head-fi sticker and wheel bling, and bingo, KICKIN' ACURA!
IMG_7658.jpg

Dec 8, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #11 of 77
Lol Guru. I'm going to have to slap the stupid out of you if you do anything more than engine upgrades. (Or a decent sound system like Raaj got).

If I see pictures of a spoiler and body kit on that heap you will be hearing from me.

Dec 8, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #13 of 77
type R sticker/badge always works well and adds around 100-200hp - screw turbos
type-r-sticker.jpg

also a wooden body kit would add some much needed downforce and it could be an interesting diy project. don't even have to paint it, because it will add the luxurious look of classy woood to your car.
i-1_B.JPG

Vroom Vroom

Dec 8, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #15 of 77
I did a little photchopping and came up with this.

before%20copy.jpg

On the exterior, I'd tint the windows, give it some new paint, and some rims (nothing extreme, just some 15" or 16"). That'd make it look good.

If theres any money left over, leave the exhaust alone! Driving a car with just exhaust is terrible because now its loud, and its still slow! I dont know how much $$$ you would have left over, but you should be able to add a little spunk to the 4 banger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back